tuscl

Questions for skibum609 and flagooner (and some TUSCL psychology)

4got2wipe
In a brilliant place!
Friday, June 29, 2018 5:32 AM
On this brilliant thread https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=… gave the story of his rich brother owning 15 Five Guys franchises for fun.

Maybe you don't know this but why? I get the idea of owning a restaurant for fun if you have sufficient wealth. After all, if you enjoy it and do well you can have an expensive hobby where you at least break even so it is a win-win.

But 15 franchise restaurants? If I very rich and had the hobby of being a burger restaurateur last thing I'd want is a franchise. I'd do a little place where I did high-end burgers and various creative takes on '50s diner food.

A liquor license would almost certainly be too much of a headache for a hobby but if we're being "best of all possible worlds" about things I'd also have a bar with craft bourbons, wine, and maybe some microbrews. Maybe prosecco for folks in a bubbly mood.

Now I'm not saying I'm rich enough for that. I'm not. I have thought of quitting and starting a food truck that sells creative takes on meat loaf and comfort food. I'd call it "4got loaf" (ok, the latter is a joke, but the food truck idea is true). But I don't think 4got loaf would be a big seller.

Just saying that I think Five Guys would get boring fast. No disrespect.

And for flagooner, why was this a humble brag? Or a douche brag? It is about skibum609's brother, not skibum609.

8 comments

• skibum609
    6 years ago
    My brother is all about profits. As far as I can see he has no day to day role at all in 5 guys, with his real job taking up all of his time. As to Flag? If I said Jesus was a good guy, he'd have some snarky comment.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Yeah that flag can be a real asswhole sometimes;)
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @4got
    I guess I still don't get it.

@ski
    Jesus wasn't as good as either of his brothers, Felipe or Moises.

@25.
    Sometimes? FUCK YOU! I'm always an asswhole.

;-)
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    BTW, I like that word snarky.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^fuck you You snarky asswhole;)
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Meatloaf? I was thinking hotdogs - you could call it “2 Dachsunds on a bun” -
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    skibum609, I understand. I would say that this is more of an business opportunity than a hobby he chose just because he flipped burgers while young. I imagine Five Guys franchises, run well, are more profitable than my idea.

That said, my idea would be much more fun for me. Probably why it isn't likely to be profitable!
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    flagooner, just busting your balls. It's all brilliant!

By the way, I hear that famous Jesus fellow was an illegal alien. Mary and Joseph took him to Egypt as a youth. Pharaoh was clearly a loser who wasn't tough on immigration. Plus that Joseph guy was a loser because he was cuckolded by God. WTF?

I understand why you'd get on skibum609's case for saying Jesus was ok.

Cashman1234, little 4got would definitely be the mascot for my 4gotloaf food truck. But I suspect the health department wouldn't let him help make the 4gotloaf! :(
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion