tuscl

Making It Rain - Help me to understand this.

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
This weekend, I went into a Tampa area club. Sat at the bar and a lovely Cubana walks up to talk to me. Just as we started to get friendly, she gets called up on stage. As she walks away, I tell her to come back after her set. She gets up on stage and starts dancing. There are about 3 young gentlemen sitting near the stage that evidently liked my Cuban, so they walk over to the stage. Each of them pulls out a wad of dollar bills and throws it out onto the stage. Not sure how much and I'm sure they were all $1's. But each of them threw out $10-$20. For the money they threw out there, they got no more attention that if they would have walked up to her and given her a single. After her set, the Cubana walks right back over to me.

So my question is this. What is the fun in "making it rain" ? I truly don't get it. Do they think it impresses the girls ? This girl didn't even bother to pick up the bills. The club had a guy come in behind her and sweep up the bills. One of them got to grab her ass for a couple of seconds and that was all the action they got for their expense. I hadn't given the girl any money at all to this point, and it's me she walks up to after her set. Granted, I did ask before she went on stage.

44 comments

• shadowcat
    6 years ago
    It's all about "Me". Look everybody. I have so much money that I can afford to throw it away..
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Ask fishsticks. He is known to have made it rain with $30K.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Shadowcat said it well.

The truth is - most of the folks who make it rain probably can’t afford to just toss it away. It’s all about appearance.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    I agree, I think its mostly attention seeking behavior. The weird part is I'm pretty sure its not the stripper on stage whose attention they're seeking. Its looking like a bigshot in front of the rest of the club they want.

It does impress some strippers, although the type of stripper I seem to prefer generally finds it as stupid as I do. It also seems to pick at some guys ego's. I've had strippers give me money to make it rain on them, to induce others to do the same. As dumb as it seems, it certainly seems to work.

• jackslash
    6 years ago
    Showing off.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I've "ragged" on the rainmen for over a year now on this board..........from my own observation it normally happens when a group of guys/people go to the club together and one needs to show he is the main dude of the group........and show the club he knows .......( what he knows of course is up for debate)
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    Many of the younger guys who make it rain are not there to buy dances so although they appear to be PL competition they in fact are frequently not.
  • PrimetimeSchein
    6 years ago
    With all the money they spend making room they can go to VIP and get their moneys worth
  • stripfighter
    6 years ago
    I tried to do it once, but the douche bag patrol in me wouldn't even let me go through the motions. Worse yet, if gone I had gone through it wouldn't have been tossing it up to make it rain, it would've looked like dropping it down and taking a shat... so I did the next best thing and did the rapid firing of the ones things, the holding a stash and flicking out ones, but after about 3 dollars inner douche bag patrol kicked in again and I just gave her the entire stash. Had to walk my head down low as I walked away... :)

Maybe I'm not cut out for it, or maybe I'm not doing it right... or more likely I'm not looking for the attention that it brings.

• Subraman
    6 years ago
    Honestly, here is the right answer: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/…

Ha ha! I do really think this behavior is tied up in inner city conspicuous consumption culture, and I (like most of us who find our way to tuscl) have a hard time getting it -- I find conspicuous consumption gauche and declasse, and if there's something I can't abide, it's a declasse strip club (lol). I'll never understand spending all that money just to put on airs for the rest of the club. On the other hand, I see this behavior almost never in the clubs I go to.

• Warrior15
    6 years ago
    flag, nice write up on the subject. But do people tell you to "fuck off" a lot ?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I think making it rain might be the equivalent of what guys like Subra and me do locking down the hottest, most fun dancer in the club for a whole shift, these guys usually don’t have the money or game to do that, so this is their feeble attempt to diss us, I don’t care and laugh after a set where one of the girls comes back directly to where I’m sitting and the jerk who made it rain is sitting at the other side of the Room staring hard at her.
    Last week in one club one of those guys did everything he could, waiting till I went to the bathroom, asking the waitress to send her over, and just acting all hard as hell. I didn’t leave till after her shift was over, with her, and it was so obvious he was bent out of shape, crazy funny.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @Warrior
    Yes
  • Darkblue999
    6 years ago
    They don't want any dances.They are not showing off either.They are just having fun in their own way.Throwing money like that is fun for them though dancer does not care. Two dancers told me they dont work for stage tips.
    They know that those who make it rain dont spend money in VIP
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    DB... someone might be shining you on. The girls love guys who make it rain. Up to hundreds of dollars just for dancing around, the club isn't allowed to take a cut (in most or all jurisdictions), no having to wiggle around on some geezer or touch his junk? I've never met a stripper who doesn't enjoy it, as long as the rainmaker isn't a douche and trying to get dollars into her pussy etc.
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    Dark blue nailed it
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    Warrior15, Maybe you should try it once. This isn't sarcasm or disrespect, but one way to figure out the appeal of something is to try it.

I pretty sure it wouldn't appeal to me. I'm not that bothered regarding the expense, but I think there are more brilliant ways to spend money.

But I could see the point in saying "hey, I'll get $200 or $300 in ones and make it rain three to six times". I suspect it wouldn't be fun unless you're pretty drunk. But who knows?

Friendly advice: if you try this use Uber. TUSCL doesn't need another rickdugan! ;)
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    If you try it give a report. TUSCL needs more brilliant but crazy stories!
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    @twentyfive I had a guy actually come over to the bar where I was sitting with the girl he had rained on and ask me WTF -it was funny although I tried hard not to laugh.

Overall I'm with Subraman on this one however the girls love it, not only because it is money that doesn't require them to grind on anybody but it also promotes them to entire club guest....everyone wants the girl someone else wants.

I only frequent one club that it seems to happen in repeatedly and I have yet to see it in the two I am most often in.

In the one club it happens in the managers there promote it--make a big deal out of sweeping up the bills with big brooms and the lights the lights turned up on the stage.....
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    should read the lights are then turned up on the stage......
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I agree and the truth is as you said everyone wants the girl they can’t get.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Men do all sorts of stupid things and spend beyond their means to maintain their perceived place in the pecking order. Cars, houses, prostitutes, international travel -- you name it. Making it rain makes about as much sense as flushing it down the toilet -- except for the status of looking wealthy for a few minutes.

I saw the most extreme example recently. Weeknight, late, downtown location known for attracting businessmen. Large circular stage that must have been 15 ft in diameter covered with layers of dollar bills. I would estimate several thousand dollars, and the staff came by with large plastic buckets in several trips to clean it all up.
  • Smalltowncpl
    6 years ago
    It's ridiculous looking behavior and if you notice it rarely gets them any more attention at the stage. Once in a while I do see a guy that makes it rain get a dancer locked down to him all evening but I usually don't like the type of dancer that this impresses so it's no loss to me. It's always the thug type or the wannabe thugs that do this anyway. It's always to try to impress others in the club,not dancers.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Is it cultural appropriation if a white guy does it?
  • Smalltowncpl
    6 years ago
    Well any time I saw a white guy do it he had his flat bill on sideways and was wearing a ridiculously large fake gold chain.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    It's wanting attention - similar to when rappers rap/brag about how many houses they have, how many cars they have, and how many women they have
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    In the black clubs I hit, I've seen guys getting dances but instead of paying the per song cost, they seem to prefer to be dropping singles on the floor throughout the song - seems they get something from them painting the floor with a 100-singles instead of just handing her 5 $20s.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I'm sure the dancers like the money, but that doesn't mean they appreciate how the guy gives it to them.
  • AmeliaSmith
    6 years ago
    I agree with Papi. I've asked my regular why he buys singles instead of giving it to me in 20s. He says that he feels like he's getting his money's worth by seeing all of the 1's scattered. He also loves to see me bending over and picking them up. Its an extra show and gives me extra time to close my dances with a little more touching and sliding.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    I once gave a chick I liked 300 ones when she was on stage. she thought it was funny
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    I very rarely go to clubs as a customer, but when I do, I at least bring a couple hundred dollars just for rain-making. It's fun, and girls like it. It's like an adrenaline rush.

I make the large majority of my money in VIP, but I like getting rained on. Not drizzled, real rain. Thunderstorms are my favorite, also hurricanes and tsunamis.

I mean, tonight is Sunday and I know I'll at least make enough on stage to cover my tip out.
  • larryfisherman
    6 years ago
    I guarantee there’s not one stripper that dislikes being rained on lol.
  • Titus23
    6 years ago
    I've only ever made it rain when I was asked to. Typically when I go, it's only to see one dancer. I remember once being asked to make it rain on her at a club that doesn't take anything from dances. All I had was 20s and 5s. I ended up throwing $250 on stage (10 $20s and 10 $5s). She loved it. After she came off stage se grabbed me and pulled me into the closed off VIP area. We stayed there for an hour and she didn't ask for a dime after.
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    I rarely ever see anyone make it rain at the clubs I go to.

A few months back when I was in Tampa, at 2001 Odyssey, I was sitting at the stage. There was a group of maybe 3 white men, all looked to be in their 50’s if I had to guess. One of them made it rain, maybe about $20 worth of singles. The dancer did enjoy it and she did seem to feel an adrenaline rush. But then, the dancer came over to me and all I did was tip her $1, maybe $2, and she asked me if I wanted to get dances later. Well, later ended up being about 10 minutes or so after she got off stage as I was the one she chose to approach and not those other guys even though they tipped more than I did.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i’ve made it rain a few times. done well with the right flick of the wrist it is a pretty sight too see... the dollar bills floating through the air...
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    If you're gonna be pathetic, go all in...

https://youtu.be/5HlhU6TZ8VQ
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    It sounds as though it can work for you - to get some attention from a dancer. That’s cool - as it’s your money to enjoy.

I’m fine with not throwing money on the stage or floor. It works for me to use a more traditional approach.
  • Bbybunny
    6 years ago
    The guys that make it rain normally don’t get lap dances.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    If a guy makes it rain I am way less likely to tip her afterwards. I just feel weird tipping a single buck.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    The best that I’ve ever been rained on wasn’t randomly. I had given five lap dances and was called to stage. He seemed trustworthy so I asked him to pay for it that way.

Seeing all the cash on the stage increased the generosity of the other stage tippers as well. I think I made maybe $40 off of the others? It was great.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    It's something guys do to impress other guys, and not the dancer.
  • Ch3ll
    6 years ago
    I've seen all races make it rain, so I guess my perspective will be coming from that of a black guy since I'm black.

I personally don't make/haven't made it rain ever. Nonetheless, I think black guys do it because it's what's seen on hip hop videos and or said in hip hop songs. The guy making it rain is perceived as the Man with so, so much money and can afford to throw it in the air like it's nothing. Moreover, with this perception, they are impressing the dancer.

From what I see in the videos, the guys I've seen at the club, appear to be doing it small time compared to the videos. In the videos a guy is making it rain most of/entire song. However, what I've seen, similar to what you mentioned, they make it rain once and thats it. I've seen guys make it rain less than $10 or make it rain, with no particular interest in the girl because she's not even near him, or looking at him and then turn around to cool walk back to their seat.

I think most of the girls probably can tell if a guy really has deep pockets and is maky it rain as well as they can tell the guy with dry pockets trying to show off.

Like you, a simple stage tip in the g string or prior her stage set will probably have her back in your lap.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    ^ It's all Fat Joe's and Lil' Wayne's fault...

https://youtu.be/fls8VU7XClU
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion