tuscl

Closed Club Reviews

rh48hr
Wakanda
How do you guys feel reviews about closed clubs should be handled? I reject them and tell them to leave a message to inform founder. Two reviews about closed clubs were published today. I rejected both.

Am I wrong to think someone shouldn't get one month VIP for writing a couple sentences saying the club is closed?

What do you mongers think?

13 comments

• s275ironman
    6 years ago
    I think it is useful information, but I also agree that it would probably be a better idea to PM founder instead.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I take them as PSA's and let them ride. If I am the one submitting it, I would follow up with a suggest edit input to the club page.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    If true its legit helpful info. Besides not a lot of people know to suggest edit or pm founder.
  • TxVegas
    6 years ago
    I think the review should be allowed because it may prevent someone from going to that club. So, as a PSA, it makes sense to allow it.
  • 0ddJob69
    6 years ago
    I post so it shows as the last entry as sometimes the clubs don't get removed in a timely manner. I sent an email about a club in my home state that closed and it never got updated. In fact, there were a few reviews that were complete bs from people just scamming membership long after the club was closed. So I do both for that reason.
  • 0ddJob69
    6 years ago
    Although the one today about Venus in Detroit is crap. It didn't tell us anything new. We knew the club was closed. It may or may not come back, doesn't matter nor does it change the prior review fact of - the club is closed. That type of review where the information provided was pointless and didn't add any value, I can see rh48hr point.
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    I see both sides of the argument. My thought was if founder is notified he can list the club as closed and then maybe once he's listed it as closed, reviews can no longer be written for it.

I think going forward I'll look at it from a standpoint of any review,.is the information helpful.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    I am always torn by these, but most of the time I approve them. It is useful to know not to bother heading out to a club that has closed its doors.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    I'd approve them. Only thing that gives me pause is now that we're reviewing them I don't know that the club is getting marked as closed like they would before.

I'm pretty sure I've submitted a review to note that a club was closed, or that its planned reopening wasn't gonna happen.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I assume this was one of the reviews rh48 was referring to - it's of Club Venus in Detroit:

[... This club has finally been shut dow.
    This strip club has been closed now for a couple of months. It wasn't too great when it was open and they got rid of the VIP section.
    They had cheap beer buckets and good shot specials. Down the street are much better places also ...]

Def comes across as a cheap attempt at a VIP - it's a meager review even for a "closed club" review.

I agree w/ others that perhaps it may be worthwhile to alert others w.r.t. a club being closed but still that's best handled by just reporting it closed via the club's TUSCL page update option (unless one has some info others wouldn't other than just saying it's closed) - plus it seems this was already known-info so it's not as if the reviewer had fresh breaking news about the club suddenly closing - it'd been months so it's dated - i.e. kinda reporting the obvious.
  • mjx01
    6 years ago
    update club info link???
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ There is a "Suggest Edit" tab in a club's TUSCL page which can be used to update club details or state that it's closed (or that it has reopened after being closed); etc.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ There is a user's guide for how to assemble IKEA furniture.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion