tuscl

The Cloakroom--a DC Club re-opens

osogrande
Maryland
It appears that the Cloakroom has re-opened. DC PL's may remember that the club, a successor to Louis' Rogue at 476 K St. NW, operated until 2014 when the building partially collapsed. Given the near-impossibility of moving a strip club license and the rapidly gentrifying neighborhood, most of us believed the club was a goner. Wrong--the Cloakroom is now open nights, and based on the Instagram timeline (@cloakroom_dc) it looks pretty impressive. No day shift at the moment. I submitted a "new club" listing to the founder.

11 comments

• JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    Why would anyone go to a DC strip club. I went once and vowed never again.
  • osogrande
    6 years ago
    Some of us live here.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    As I have read, DC clubs are always a strictly enforced no touching.

So people instead went to Prince George County.

SJG
  • Tiredtraveler
    6 years ago
    When I have been forced to work in DC I never go out anywhere but from my hotel to work and back, stopping for a quick meal on the way.
    DC is one large open syphilis sore and everyone there is diseased. I go there I do my work and I leave asap.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ "DC is one large open syphilis sore and everyone there is diseased."

And you've tested this yourself, on a statistically relevant sample?

SJG
  • JackScott
    6 years ago
    I work in construction and I happened to be working in the building 2 doors down the day it happened. It was CRAZY. Some of the dancers ran outside before they could put their clothes back on. After the second collapse you had a clear view of the adjoining wall on all three levels where floors once existed. The flat screen TV's and posters were still on the wall.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ wow - I didn't know it collapsed while the club was open w/ people in it - hope no one got hurt
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    From what I heard from a dancer at Fantasies Nightclub who had previously worked at The Cloakroom, nobody was hurt. She wasn't on that night but a number of her friends were.

The failure of the wall wasn't instantaneous, but happened over a period of several minutes.

Kind of reminds me of the epic town collapse from the Clint Eastwood/Lee Marvin movie version of "Paint Your Wagon", lol.
  • best101
    6 years ago
    Just return from Cloak room. This place is pretty cool. Lap dance is allowed.
  • HungryGiraffe
    6 years ago
    A lot of folks on here rag on DC strip clubs. Most don’t know what they are talking about. Yeah most of the DC clubs are strict regarding no touching, but some of the DC strip clubs have VIP rooms, including Stadium Club, The House and Archibalds. It’s not the Wild Wild West, but fun can be had with the right dancer.
  • best101
    6 years ago
    I mean at Cloak room they offer the real contact lap dance and not the typical DC no touch dance. I didn’t take on when I was there. But you can vaguely see the private rooms from across the balcony, there are actions.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion