tuscl

No Disrespect

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Monday, May 28, 2018 7:45 AM
I seldom go to a strip club on Sunday night, but I was bored. I arrived at the club around 8:30, and there were few customers. I sat at my favorite table by the stairs the dancers use to get off the stage. Then I noticed a man smoking a hookah in the booth behind me. Thinking the hookah smoke might bother me, I moved one table left. A young man wearing a baseball cap on his head backwards came up to me and said, "That's my table." The table had been completely clear, with no empty drinks or napkins that would have indicated it was occupied. But I saw no reason to argue. I just said, "OK. There are plenty of seats." I moved back to my original table. After I had become comfortable and received my beer bucket from the waitress, the young man stood up and called over to me,"No disrespect." I did not feel disrespected. I felt puzzled. If I had left my empty table and returned to find it occupied, I would simply have sat down at another table. Why didn't he do the same?

30 comments

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Cause he’s an idiot, I would have done exactly the same. Life’s too short besides when you argue with an idiot what does that make you?
  • FTS
    6 years ago
    who cares?
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    Sometimes, it is just hard to explain people and what motivates their behavior. You did exactly what I would’ve done. Assuming I know which club this was, the table you originally picked has become my favorite place to sit. But in reality, none of those tables are a bad place to sit, especially when the club is not that busy.
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    You moved because you are mature with nothing to prove. It was his chance to feel like a fantasy big boy in the strip club after being tired of being "little people" to bosses, family or whatever that look like folks your age. Nobody pushes him around in this alternate reality. Oh wait, you were cool about it and not deliberately taking his seat. In that case "no disrespect". Hows that for some generic bs
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    You did the mature thing. The thing that most thinking adult men would do. You had nothing to prove - and there were other tables available - so you moved. Some guys need to feel some odd sense of control in a world where they have very little control. You could have waited until he had chatted up a dancer - and was ready to take her to VIP - and walked over and offered her $100 more to go to VIP with you. But that would have been childish -
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^childish but fun ;)
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I woulda felt like popping a cap in his ass, but since he called out "No disrespect." everything would have been cool.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I would have felt disrespectful and pissed at some mofo claiming a seat HE DIDN'T PAY FOR - the prudent thing would be to move and not get down to a POS like that's level but depending what side of the bed I got up on that morning IDK if I would've moved - I don't think there's anything else that pisses me off more than a grown man trying to impose his will on me.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Bottom line HE was in the wrong
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Shit like this is why more and more I feel out of place at nightshift in many clubs
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    My comment about him saying no disrespect was facetious. To me, saying that is like saying "It's all good." The other person is usually pissed when that gets said.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I dunno, getting into an argument over it would be stupider than RickiBoi taking a swing at me because my cigar was bothering. Remember when you argue with an idiot, than you are an idiot. @Papi you know me well enough to know I don’t back down from anyone, but with plenty of empty tables, that’s not the hill to make my stand on.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Having to get up from a table bc someone else told you so it's a hard pill to swallow for me
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    Call me an asshole but if there were no drinks or nothing to show someone was sitting there i would not have moved! He could of sit somewhere else!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^I get it but if you kick his ass even if you don’t get thrown out won’t really be worth it for the aggravation, you’ll prolly hurt your hand or tear your shirt and if you do much damage there could be consequences, like having to deal with LE. Plus you could get sued and it’ll cost you big bucks, rest assured if you prevail in a court of law the little shit won’t have any assets to repay you with, discretion is the better part of valor in this case.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i too would move. it ain’t worth making a scene over.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Perhaps there was something specific about that table. Idk. He could have asked though. You were definitely more mature and courteous.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    The guy was an asshole - unfortunately there's lots of shitty-people in this world with no manners and they seem to be overly represented in strip clubs particularly on nightshift
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    I don't like bringing attention to myself when in a social setting. Some people thrive off that, though. Some people actually enjoy making a scene and baiting people. I've had instances where a patron insisted that I took their spot. There were many other spots right in the vicinity. Although these instances rarely occur, It is helpful for me to know de-escalation in the situations that they do occur
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I disrespected a fellow customer a few months back. I was the first customer of the day at Follies. I walked over to my favorite seat ad hung my jacket on the back of the chair like I always do and the went to the men's room. When I returned to my spot I found some big guy had moved my jacket and taken my seat. There was not another customer in the club. I said "Hey dude you're in my seat". He wanted to argue about it and said I should show him some respect instead of calling him "dude". The guy could have easily kicked my ass but I stood my ground knowing that the bouncers would have my back. He finally got up and moved. Some people just have a lot of nerve.
  • Rickberge
    6 years ago
    Did you stare at him for at least 5 seconds like he's crazy? After that, they usually get the hint that you're nobody to be fucking with. Unless you look scrawny.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Yes, the smart and gentlemanly thing would be to take the high road and not let it bother you. I commend you for taking that route. Believe it or not, even though for some reason y'all thought I was in my 70s and rotting away in some convalescent home, I am quite immature. Very smart and good looking, but quite immature. Unless there was some reason that I really wanted that specific table I would have probably said something along the lines of: "There's nothing here indicating that the table was taken. You have plenty of other seats available. If you prefer to be a douche and want me to sit elsewhere, no problem. What will it be?"
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ You mean your in your 80s and rotting away on your kids couch ;)
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ you're and kid's (or kids')
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Oh, and fuck you 25.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Correctamundo
  • anthony6613
    6 years ago
    You did the right thing. There is no reason to get into a fight in a strip club. He may have been carrying illegally and you end up getting shot. My guess you were on 8 Mile.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ Jack's home-club is Flight Club in Inkster
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    I would have moved but made a snarky comment about how I missed the sign saying this table was his. But I don't need the drama, I'm not getting into an argument over a table when there are plenty more.
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    Dont start anything till 2am. Who ever heard of an 8pm'er?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion