tuscl

Why don't dead clubs hire ringers?

Lone_Wolf
Arizona
Tuesday, May 22, 2018 8:15 PM
There are a few clubs in the Phoenix valley that are floundering. Walk in and there are just a few drunken PL's usually at the bar. Just two or three past their prime dancers looking bored as shit. Low vibe. Endless break songs. Most PL's walk in and just walk out immediately or after a quick drink. Now, these are good clubs as far as lay out. Long bars, decent stages and VIP areas. Problem is they can't get customers in. No customers no dancers. No dancers, customers don't stay. A vicious cycle. I'm amazed some of the clubs stay open. If I owned a club like this, I would bring in a couple of ringers. A ringer being one these fine in-demand honeys from another club. I would not charge these ladies house fees and would guarantee a daily quota of cash. Of course it would all be on the down-low because it is probably illegal in some regard. There are probably several other perks a club could offer some in-demand dancers enticing them to work at a floundering club. The ringers would bring in PL's. More PL's would bring in more quality dancers. Cha-ching. Why don't club owners do this?

21 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Maybe some of these clubs are fronts for money laundering?
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    The dancers would talk to each other. The ensuing drama would be nuclear.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    We have Club Fantasies in Providence, RI. Used to be a great club, but now it's a strip club in the zombie apocalypse. They could be printing money if they wanted to, but whoever is at the wheel is apparently happy with how things are. It doesn't make sense to me. One flaw I see in your plan is that your "ringers" would be loathed to the point of lynching by the other dancers. Both for being hotter, getting all the attention, and for getting better pay. The drama would be at nuclear levels. Also, I have no idea how your payment scheme would float with the local Department of Labor, but there could be snags there as well if someone complained (have I mentioned the ripshit not-hot dancers...). I'm thinking unfair/discriminatory wages, etc., etc. An odd, ironic reality is that often the best clubs are the ones that aren't the tightest ships, business-wise. The tightest-run clubs do the best at steering clear of law enforcement complications while hoovering the most money out of customer pockets. Does that sound like a fun club to you? No
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    PaulDrake said: "The ensuing drama would be nuclear." Ishmael said: "The drama would be at nuclear levels." Great mind think alike. Or, horny PLs think alike. Whatever ... that was weird.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I think I've heard of clubs that are getting up and going actually pay dancers to come in while the club is trying to get going - but not sure if this actually happens
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    And who knows, maybe some super-hot dancers do get paid by the club to be there and dance at their club?
  • Lone_Wolf
    6 years ago
    I agree there would be big time risk it would not stay a secret and would probably conflict with some labor laws. Still, some of these owners must have decent relationships with some better talent. Get them on the pole for fucks sake. I've also wondered why some of these clubs seem to make no effort to improve business. Perhaps it is a tax write off or a front for something. Makes no sense. A few weeks ago at one of these clubs a car window was busted out leaving shards of glass in piles in the parking lot. Would have taken an employee five minutes to sweep up. Instead, the glass stayed on the ground until enough cars drove over it to spread it away. wtf?
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    It’s common practice for clubs, mostly corporate clubs, to bring in ringers during the first few weeks of opening. Scores Phoenix did this. The problem is that it’s costly and the surge in customers ends as soon as the ringers leave.Customers may be pathetic losers, but they aren’t dumb. The key to a successful club is to treat dancers well. Word will quickly go out on the dancer grapevine. Better looking dancers will come to the club and the customers will follow.
  • stripfighter
    6 years ago
    Say you do bring in Ringers. How long do you keep them for?? And what to do about them once/if the SC picks up?? Do you contract them for say 3 months and let them be free agents afterwards so to speak? I know some clubs offer incentives to bring new talent. Such as the first month house fees are waived. Another had a grand opening offering one of it's dancers a new Camaro. And of course the concept of Feature dancer is somewhat like a Ringer, at least in concept. AT the end of the day, certain clubs establish certain reputations.
  • mmdv26
    6 years ago
    Years ago my fav club did this. The ringer had major cred in the adult bus and started as a feature. Pretty soon she was doing private dances (no stage dances). Had her own private dressing room. The owner let it be known that she was his idea, and if anyone complained they would be looking for a new job. Nobody made a scene and everyone coexisted (sort of). No bad things happened...well actually a lot of bad things happened, but they were the good kind of bad things...that's just the kind of club it was and probably still is.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Lone, I figured your "ringers" were look alike ringers. That would really be good execute, but it would be difficult, if not impossible, to have some stripper that looked like Emily Ratajkowski!
  • EzilyConfuzd
    6 years ago
    Not sure you could pay a ringer enough to entice her to leave another club, but even if you could (as stated above) the ugly dancers who aren't getting paid would get out the long knives.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I wouldn't want to watch a bunch of Quasimotos on stage dancing naked.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Who knows but similar to what Papi said and it goes like this: Owner says “I don’t have to do shit and my business makes X dollars.” Advice says “if you did this this and this you could be making X plus 50% more.” Owner says “yeah but I don’t want to do this this and this I’m happy with the way things are.” Not any different than a factory worker who chooses not work the overtime weekends to be with his family even though he he worked those weekends he could increase his salary by 20%.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    I've seen clubs do it when they're starting out and/or after cleaning house with management changes. They'll pay certain girls shift bonuses to come in for certain shifts. I don't think its sustainable for too long though. I've always thought specials were the way to go. Dollar drinks, dirt cheap rooms, discounted dances, etc.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Great reference @flagooner I doubt that most here remember that movie or ever read Victor Hugo's book
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    -->"It’s common practice for clubs, mostly corporate clubs, to bring in ringers during the first few weeks of opening. " Yes, back when Deja Vu was still opening new clubs in this area, this is exactly what they did, too. But aside from doing this for new club openings in the big corporate chains, I've never seen this happen to revive a small dead club
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    sometimes they pay agencies to send girls but on top of paying the agency they usually have to offer some kind of free hotel room or housing too. so the real shitty dying clubs prob can’t afford to do that and yup it pisses off the house dancers = drama
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    Yes, house drama. ^ also, clubs can be extremely hesitant to try anything new. Strip club upper management tend to be very conservative, and not forward thinking ab promotions. We try to make suggestions constantly. Also, when girls aren’t there, the club is still making money off them bc the are fining them. So, they do get something regardless.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    It depends on the club and the reason it’s dead. If it’s dead because the management is awful - then it’s likely there won’t be any changes to help increase business. The manager might be wondering why there’s nobody in the club - but it’s unlikely that he has the foresight to understand the need to change.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Is this Skin Cabaret in Scottsdale a dead club? That they have buses suggests to me, along with other things people say, a geriatric clientele. SJG Where saving is the hardest The worst cities in terms of savings potential are largely located in the Western U.S. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, California, came in at No 1. [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion