tuscl

Strip club's fine system laid bare: Dancers penalised $100 if they wear g-string

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
It seems that strip clubs all over the world fine dancers for a variety of infractions. Does anybody know of anything stranger than fining dancers for wearing g-strings?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic…

31 comments

• jackslash
    6 years ago
    Another version of the story:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/1…
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Doesn’t Follies have a similar policy? Strippers have to give at least 3 BJs before they can leave?
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    It seems reasonable to me. If the dancers know the rules when they sign up - they should obey the terms of the club.
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    The fine i found interesting, was strippers snitching on strippers for doing OTC. Most of the advice given on this board is to ask for what you want. I always had a hunch that the strippers that werent down to play would tell management and you would be known as the john if you asked for something extra. sure some strippers would agree, but eventually there would be enough no girls, that management would establish the pattern that youre a john, by the amount of no girls telling on you.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    The funny thing is many of the things they can be fined for the club knows the girls do and some of them with their acknowledgement even if it is not official.

Really they can fine probably anyone they want as a means of control.

I know I heard first hand about the clubs in Detroit ( some of my first comments on here I raised the question and I was told by a dancer it wasn't a big deal)
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    It’s probably not any different than any other job. Set up all these rules that are rarely if ever enforced, but if management wants to get rid of you, now they have a whole list of “rules” you have broken solidifying their case against you.

Same scenario with a strip club and strippers.
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    Also, i think SC establish fines to get rid of the girls they dont like because they know girls have an experation date. when strippers are young and hot, SC will allow them to get away with behavior they could be fined for later on. Some strippers dont know this and feel the SC has there best interest when in reality they should max out thier earnings. Get as much as they can, as soon as they can.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    My sense has been at the deja vu clubs here, aside from control and some of the other explanations above, fines are a nice source of incremental income for the clubs.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    In my view - the rules and fines are poor attempts to herd a bunch of cats. No offense ladies!
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    There are several strippers who wear g-strings who I plan to penilize
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    It is bad when strip clubs are run that way.

DV insists that following the advice of their lawyer and likely all these contractor status suits, they impose no more fines.

And in their TJ place they don't regulate the women or get money from them at all. This is the way it should be. And this should go a long way in making their place as good as any in TJ.

And in our own underground Mexican Bar table dancing places, it approximates that. Not totally the same, but very flexible relationship when you are feeding a girl money in small increments at your table. And the girl who can engage well with you there, she is the girl you would be best to be spending private time with.

So the way that would apply in a UHM club with the back rooms is, no dance buying, but a front room makeout session. Then when it is time for your own pants to come down, you invite her to the back room.

SJG
  • wiffle shwaffle
    6 years ago
    I started working a Deja Vu near Detroit and it is completely different from what I'm used to. I can confirm, at least in regards to this location, the independent contractor status is taken seriously and none of the staff tells me what to do at all. The only fine we have there is $150 for a missed shift and another fine for breaching contract (not working the minimum amount of days per week).
    The girls are allowed to drink (but they have to bring in their own).
    Legends has a few fines. Missed shift is $50. Two girls in the bathroom at one time is $50. Not so much a fine, but the freelance "fee" is $50 added to tip out. Once, an extras girl (who has been reviewed before) was fired for stealing a wad of cash from a customer while he was counting what he owed. She just grabbed it all and walked away. She was fired for that and her rehiring fine was $500 and had to be paid in full.
    Bouzouki had a MILLION fines for little stupid shit and they were never enforced. Just empty threats of possible fines.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^ So I take it then that you are a female dancer. Thanks for posting.

Do you agree that the club should try to reduce unnecessary rules, and also to not get in the way if a dancer and a customer are getting friendly in the front room, not try to force things into the dance booths.

SJG
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    After seeing a pic of the complaining dancer my thought is the club owners should enforce a rule on themselves, hire a decent looking dancer.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Any dancers reading the above, please don't take offense. Some of the people who post here have a hate-love with the women who work in strip clubs, and all the more so if they are getting full service from them. Basically these guys are jealous of the fact that women can get money that way.

SJG
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    Any dancers reading the above post be advised that the poster is a stalker creep known as the sleepy time rapist who is also known to have scared many dancers off this forum because of his penchant to PM them trying to gather personal information from them.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    As entitled and flaky as many strippers are, if there weren't any rules it'd probably be close to impossible to run a a strip-club - many of these dancers are ill-equipped in many ways and why they can't hack-it in the real-world in a real-job and seem to have issues even hacking-it in a titty-bar - although some rules do seem out-of-line like not being allowed to work for a competitor and trying to dictate what a dancer can and cannot do on her own time outside the club.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    "can't hack-it in the real-world in a real-job"

This is an unwarranted and unfair dig.

The best clubs do not use a schedule, they let the dancers come and go as they please. And with the highest mileage places, the boss does not want to know what they do.

The girl decides when to take guys behind her Chair Fort from the early days of UHM in Dallas and Houston, or into the collective VIP Room at Arnie's near Chicago, or onto the couches in the specially darkened corners at dives across the country, to finish what they've already started with their front room makeout session, or out to their mini van as was the case in one local Mexican Bar, or just for what they call arriba in TJ.

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I've read many reviews of nude-clubs where the reviewers are upset b/c most of the dancers don't get nude on-stage and it seems to be up to the dancer's discretion.

In Miami/South-FL clubs, it's nude on-stage and every-dancer gets full-nude so I assume they are told to do so by the clubs - it's kinda the South-FL standard.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I've read many reviews of nude-clubs where the reviewers are upset b/c most of the dancers don't get nude on-stage and it seems to be up to the dancer's discretion.

In Miami/South-FL clubs, it's nude on-stage and every-dancer gets full-nude so I assume they are told to do so by the clubs - it's kinda the South-FL standard.
  • mjx01
    6 years ago
    One club I frequent 'fines' dancers for being late to shift... it was implied that at least some dancers had an arrangement with the shift manager to 'get out' of the fine
  • wiffle shwaffle
    6 years ago
    I believe all SCs need to keep in mind their dancers pay them to work there and it would not be a SC without the dancers. Bouzouki, for example, is the worst managed club I've ever worked at. I was constantly told what to do and who to talk to. Literally all other clubs here I've worked at in Detroit "get it" and have never given me the issues Bouzouki did - (Silver Criket, Truth, BT's, Legends, Deja Vu, Centerfold).

At Deja Vu, we're told at least one of our songs on stage needs to be nude. I take mt top off second song, and bottoms third song. Some girls take tops and bottoms off third song. Some girls just wait until the near end of the third song to take their bottoms off (if nobody is tipping). We are told not to grind on customers in dancea if doing a nude dance, too.

As for the "can't hack-it in the real-world in a real-job" thing, I have two college degrees. I had corporate jobs in info tech and remote desktop support. I can program and run command line Linux. I'm a fuckin nerd.

But I strip, not because I can't handle a "real job," but because I choose and want to. I have an autoimmune disease and sometimes I just can't physically get out of bed. Corporate jobs don't care and you're still expected to show up. As a dancer, I can just call in or opt to make up the shift another day and still have my job. I'm also a night owl and extremely into physical fitness and keeping an active lifestyle, so dancing is perfect for me currently.

Others strip because they might have no other choice. They are also usually the stereotypical dancers.

Back to the topic, the comment above mine, every club I've worked at (except Deja Vu) has late fees for showing up after your shoft starts. It's very typical. Bouzouki and most others are $10/hour. Legends is more expensive at $10/half hour. The latest I can show up to wprk at Deja Vu is 9pm Sun-Wed and 10-11pm Thurs-Sat. Showing up after the cut off gets you sent home.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    6 years ago
    I wish I could go fix my typos. 7:30am typos are killing me.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    I once overheard two dancers talking.

Dancer A: "I got fined $50 for coming in late."
    Dancer B: "I never pay fines. I just give the DJ a blow job."
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    In many clubs dancers seem to get away with many things they can't at almost any other job:

* hide in the dressing room and not tend to customers

* play on their phones and completely ignore customers

* get stoned (drugs and/or alcohol)

* give shitty customer service and ripoff customers

Yes, I know, it does not apply to all dancers and yes they are "independent contractors" but IME if left to the dancers' own devices many clubs would probably not be able ti function (letting the inmates run thr asylum thing) .

Additionally many of us know of strippers that try to work a regular job and feel that being required to be on time and work a full 40 hours is unacceptable.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Even as an independent contractor, if one is using someone else's facilitates there are gonna be rules that need to be followed and the person utilizing the facility just can't do as they please
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Large upscale strip clubs have millions invested and they need to provide a certain level of customer-service/experience so that customers wanna visit their establishments - any independent contractor that's hired by someone else is gonna have stipulations wrt how the job is done.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    6 years ago
    Papi, mentioning dancers on their phones... I do agree with that wholeheartedly. The only time I personally feel it's acceptable or okay is when the club is dead.
    Silver Criket is the only club I've worked at where there's a fine for being on your phone. I can't remember if it's $25 or $50, but they do enforce it for dancers.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Papi and Legends, everything you say is true at some clubs. Part of it is just what the girls are being expected to do, which makes it different from any other kind of a job. And so often they do get to do things they could not do at any other job.

And so yes, like at the San Jose Pink Poodle, there are rules about getting the panties off. But that is a no touching club.

We had a bunch of videos, before youtube took them down, plus written accounts, at the TJ Honk Kong bar no one really worries about that. Visual display is not that big of a deal. So usually the little outfits don't come off until someone gives her money, and often that is for abajo, he wants to daty her at stage side.

At some US dives, written about Passions NOLA, they don't even use the stage. They just stand around it, until someone shows interest. Then they go and sit on his lap and start licking his neck and nibbling at his ear lobe.

Strip Clubs are an American invention. Its cause of what our law prohibits, but what our constitution says the law cannot prohibit.

In other countries they have less nude shows, but more direct engagement. And in US dives it can approach this. Our Mexican Bar underground did not used to have any stages.

And as widely written about Cha Cha's in Chicago, it had no stage, but table dancing with no real limits. It may have been front room FS. Now gone.

So the best clubs don't really need anybody cracking any whip, as that kind of stuff does not matter.

SJG

Led Zeppelin 1969
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-WSbMW7…
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Dancing is a job. Employers have various methods of incenting their employees/independent contractors.

This is no different than an office worker exposing the horrors of office work. If I show up to work in a g-string - and clear platforms - I’ll be in big trouble! A fine will be the least of my worries.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Ha Ha Ha.

But strip club dancing is a different kind of a job. What the women are being asked to do cannot be forced.

DV insists that it in no way regulates the women or imposes fines or gets any cut from them, in TJ.

At the best of our underground places, no schedules, dancers come and go as they please, and they put this to maximum benefit. And while nominally only topless, all manner of pussy flashing, licking, and entering was taking place. Originally no stage.

No need to boss the women around in such a situation.

Think about this!

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion