tuscl

OT: 911 Operator Doesn't Want to Talk to Anyone

TheeOSU
FUCK IT!
This is unbelievable! This crazy woman only received a 10 day jail sentence plus probation for hanging up on thousands of 911 calls.

Granted there are some frivolous 911 calls but this crazy woman most likely left many people helpless in emergency situations.
I believe this news report is only the tip of the iceberg.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/911…

10 comments

• jackslash
    6 years ago
    The best and the brightest don't become 911 operators.
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    I suppose that's true Jack and the fact that she worked for a year and a half before she was caught doesn't reflect very highly on her superiors either.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    It means no one was monitoring her calls which technically is a violation of the standards a 911 center is supposed to perform.

They did eventually flag her for it but one of the red flags is when you an inordinate amount of calls under 30 secs to one operator or you see a number call in hand up, and call back in the hopes of reaching another operator ( both are tracked)
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    hand =hang
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    What a dumb bitch
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Two Saturdays ago I went to pick up my 88 y/o mom for a family dinner.

Was helping her get ready when she become non-responsive - I freak out - call 911 and rings and rings and rings like 20 times and no-one picks up to at least tell me to hold - I was calling on her landline and then simultaneously starting calling on my cell ph and just ring after ring - eventually after 5 minutes or so which seemed like 30, someone answered the phone - this was midday on a Saturday - f'ing unbelievable (all this time my mom is un-responsive.

Told the EMT guys the issues I had calling 911 and they said they were not surprised and that they had recently fired everybody and hire all new people - seems it got worse.

This is probably a bigger-issue than most of are aware off - and some of these 911-operators have little education and cop an attitude when a frantic person is calling.
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    Papi that's scary! People expecting a quick response when calling 911 is not unreasonable.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I don't know what's worse, this or the bogus calls that mobilize SWAT teams.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    6 years ago
    Typical. The government sets up a monopoly, forbids anyone else from competing with them, forces us all to pay for it, and then risks our lives by doing their job poorly.
  • Bavarian
    6 years ago
    The mail man who was not delivering the junk mail is probably facing more jail time than this 911 operator that endangered the lives of many.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion