tuscl

Sour grapes from a former Follies stripper.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
CHAMBLEE, GA (CBS46) -
In a recently filed lawsuit, the owners of Follies Strip Club claim Chamblee police violated their Fourth Amendment rights when they raided the club in February and found no violations. They say the search caused fear and confusion, in part, because the police came in armed and wearing tactical gear.

According to the club's attorney, the February 17 raid was excessive and there was no reasonable basis for it.

When she heard about the lawsuit, a former dancer at the club had this reaction:

"That seemed pretty outrageous to me, given the amount of weapons they have inside the club," she said.

The former dancer, who asked to remain anonymous, told CBS46 the club's security openly carries guns every day, but she says it's meant for keeping the money safe, not the women.

"They're not there to protect you from getting molested or raped, like they don't care about that," she said. "The nature of the club is that customers are allowed to do whatever they want to you. You were there to provide more than just a lap dance. It was more than them just looking at you."

That dancer says she quit working at Follies after someone secretly drugged her drink. She escaped from that situation safely, but CBS46 tracked down another woman who says her friend was raped in the club under similar circumstances.

It happened one week after the February raid.

"I tried to talk to the management there, but they just wanted me out of the club until I told them I was going to call the police, then all of the sudden they wanted to handle it, don't call the police," she said.

The second woman we interviewed, who also wished to remain anonymous, says the dancer called her in distress on Feb 28 and later came to the conclusion she was drugged.

Police arrived and took the woman to a hospital to be tested for rape. So far, there has been no arrest.

The dancer's friend believes the club's lawsuit against police is just a distraction meant to keep police from doing their jobs.

"Everything's out in the open there. It's a big party, and you can't get in any trouble because, hey, the cops can't come in," she said.

If a business sells alcohol, police and fire marshals are allowed to stop by for an administrative check any time they want without a warrant. It's one of the few exceptions to the Fourth Amendment. The club's ownership argues the February raid went beyond a routine check.

The club is also fighting against a recent ordinance that forces strip clubs and businesses serving alcohol to close earlier.

CBS46 tried to get a response to the lawsuit from Chamblee police, but they're not going to talk about it

We also made multiple requests to the club's ownership and its legal counsel to comment on the lawsuit. They repeatedly turned down our offers to have a conversation on the record, even before the claims from former dancers surfaced.

Yes Follies does have armed security but they stay on the outside of the club. Never inside.

15 comments

• Mtent
    6 years ago
    Dude you're an asshole. These women were drugged and raped and you're calling it sour grapes? How would you feel if you were drugged and raped? ugh
  • Mtent
    6 years ago
    And yes the club is responsible especially telling them not to go to the police to report it
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    The article says the police took the woman to be tested for rape but does not say what the results were
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Dude they were lying about guns inside the club. That makes them have no credibility in my book faggot.
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    Wonder if this is the same dancer who had me bounced from Oasis. The consensus here was she must have gone to the bouncer and accused me of trying to mess with her drink.
  • rentz2
    6 years ago
    I said the lawsuit was just poking the bear.
  • bang69
    6 years ago
    I agree with Shadow
    6 years ago
    And i agree with rentz2 also.

The “bear” has nothing but time and nearly unlimited resources if they decide to make a project out of shutting down a situation. Look a Highliter in PHX if you disagree.
  • joc13
    6 years ago
    The TV story was funny cause when they talked about drugging a drink, they showed a picture of someone dropping a pill in a giant martini glasses - an actual glass. Everyone knows Follies does use actual glasses!

Someone getting drugged and raped is awful.

A former dancer complaining about high mileage dances and sex in VIP is sour grapes. If you're not aware of status quo at Follies before you start working there, you're not doing your homework.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I think the "Sour Grapes" was a reference to the club's bottle service including Boone's Farm and Mad Dog 20/20.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    So - a dancer is complaining that the club only cares about money. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

I believe in the non-SJG club world - money is all that matters to most all clubs and club employees - and club’s independent contractors.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    Flag, I think it was grappa. Have you ever tasted that? Definitely sour grapes.
  • laplurker
    6 years ago
    How can you rape the willing?
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    In the strip club world its rape if you don't tip after being over-charged for mediocre sex.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    As others, dancers getting raped and/or drugged is of course unacceptable, but I question if this really happened or if it's unhappy dancers making shit up or dancers making shit up to feel better about what they've done - a club is a packed place that also has bouncers and staff so IDK how one can incapacitate a dancer and do with her what you will w/o anyone noticing;
    although I'll admit IDK very much about how those drugs work but I doubt this is a huge issue in clubs but then again IDK for sure.

Im general, not much can happen to a dancer w/o her consent, the dancer has a choice to stop a dance if she does not like what the custy is doing - a custy is the one paying and is entitled to receive the experience he likes, the dancer has the choice to provide that experience or pass.

A lot of these girls wanna have their cake and it too - they want the big stripper $$$ but on their terms not the customers' terms who is the one paying - some nutjobs on SW claim a custy touching their tit is sexual assault, in a freaking strip club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion