tuscl

Booking Hotel Rooms: Android Apps

Call.Me.Ishmael
Rhode Island
Subraman mentioned that he books his hotel room via a phone app while having drinks with his dates. This saves him money and trouble if his date goes badly or just doesn't show up. That's pretty smart, and not something I've ever done.

So, my question to the travelers, etc., is what is the best Android app for booking rooms last minute?

I'm in Rhode Island and occasionally Boston. Apps that are specific to places like Los Angeles, etc., won't help me. Also iPhone-only apps won't work either.

So, what's easiest and most dependable apps out there?

(I tried Google and mostly found top-100 listicles seeking to cash in on affiliate links. I'm hoping for more first-hand accounts.)

17 comments

• PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    I like kayak.
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    How come you dont book your book in advance using hotwire or similar app.? sometimes you get rates up to 65% off in 4 star hotels. i know dates are unpredictable but when you go to the SC it makes sense.
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    Priceline.com's Name Your Price if you need a good deal. Hotels.com usually has good deals if you wait until the last minute. If you need a hotel for a quick fuck session during daytime hours, try dayuse.com or hotelsbyday.com. All of these sites have apps you can use on your phone.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Hotwire and Priceline are the best. IMO if you always book at least a 3.5 Star you will never be disappointed. Also, majority of the time 3 stars are decent too but now and then you’ll get a subpar one.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Last minute it probably is hotel.com or if you know the hotel that you want to use most often I get a good deal booking direct on their website.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    For last minute plans dial the hotel directly. Its their vacant room so they are willing to work with you.
  • Titus23
    6 years ago
    Check out the Hilton Honors program. Great rewards, and you can book super last minute. I use it to determine if I'm going for the suite or the cheap double bed depending on how the nights going with my dancer friend.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    For those of you who live in New York City or SF, where only the most shitbox rooms cost under $150/night, then Recharge blows everything else away and there's no need to look at any other apps... Recharge lets you rent rooms by the half hour, in mid-range to high-end hotels. I can rent a room in a super upscale hotel for $50 for an hour -- that same room might cost me $350/night if I rented all night. It's a pretty great deal, and once you set the app up, it's super fast.

Of course, some of you are lucky enough to live in cities where you can get a decent room for $80/night, so you don't need Recharge anyway. But it's the right answer for NY and SF
  • joc13
    6 years ago
    Recharge and dayuse don't have any hotels in Atlanta yet. Haven't heard of the third that was mentioned so I'll have to check it.

I'm a planner at heart, which is why I'm more like skibum and have pretty much given up one-on-one OTC with strippers. Now, SB likes girls too, so we'll invite a stripper to join us, and if she never shows, we can still have fun together in the room I booked in advance.
  • Ch3ll
    6 years ago
    @Subraman and joc13
    Are there other apps aside from Recharge and dayuse? I've never used an app before to book a room and especially fof hour increments. The last time I remember renting a room by the hour I was a teenager lol.
  • a21985
    6 years ago
    Can't say I use it for the hobby, but I use Kayak as a must for all my non-work related travel (if not for the actual booking, at least to check general rates / best prices).

For those using it for OTC, there is an "around me" option when searching for hotels that I imagine would come in handy.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    well shit, I didn't know about dayuse, thanks sinclair. Now I have 2 by-the-hour apps, hurray! dayuse is much more limited (at least in this area) than Recharge, with hotels that aren't as high end, but it's good to have options
  • abqspencer
    6 years ago
    I use the hilton app...
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    I downloaded Recharge, but it only works in San Francisco and New York. Recharge doesn't seem to be in a rush to add other cities, having been around for two years already. The other thing I did not like was that it seems you can only book with a credit card. Both dayuse and hotelsbyday will let you pay for most hotels without a credit card (aka cash). This can be a good thing if you want to hide a paper trail from a significant other. It was almost as if the developers knew there was a demand for cheating husbands and boyfriends to fuck strippers and sugar babies. Neither of these apps have options in Rhode Island, but hotelsbyday has some options in Boston with regards to the OP.
  • bubba267
    6 years ago
    Besides Hotel.com, Hotels Tonight. Later usually has the best price. It truly is a last minute tool - less than 24 hours. Check price after noon to find best rates.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Trivago actually gives you the price of all of the sites and you can compare them against each other.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Thanks everyone. This has been very helpful.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion