tuscl

Facebook - How You Feel About It Now?

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Facebook has been talked to at length on here before and surprisingly a good amount of people here do not have an account.

As a New Years resolution I decided to “erase” myself from social media and shut down all my social media accounts except my Instagram, which I have never posted anything on. I just follow personal interests, and some random hot women. It is not linked with any of my families or friends. When people ask me if I have an account (like they want to “friend” me I even tell them I do not have an active account).

Who has deleted their account since all this bad publicity has come out on Facebook? Why or why not will you leave or stay after what you have learned? Some people are extremely upset they have been “exposed” while many could still care less.

22 comments

• Lone_Wolf
    7 years ago
    I just assume everything I put on FB is being mined. Not sure how anyone can be surprised by this.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Never had one or any other social media accounts unless you consider TUSCL to be one.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Facebook has always been the most intrusive of social media, IMO, although it's naive to think other sites aren't trying to do the same thing, they're just not as good as it yet. I still have my Facebook, which is strictly for keeping in touch with strippers. I do not have the app on my phone. I also have an Instagram (90% for keeping in touch with strippers) and a Snapchat (100% for keeping in touch with strippers), and do have both apps on my phone.

All of the above are "fake" profiles, that is, fake names, fake email addresses, none of my real friends or family on any of them. Which, of course, does not shield me from (say) Instagram peeking around my phone and figuring out that Subraman's real name is Cantinflas, and that my real address is "renting a room in Juice's van down by the river", etc.
  • max_starr
    7 years ago
    I do find some of the dancer's facebooks interesting....some of them have quite a few too! I made my own anon fb account when I was meeting CF's and ATF OTC.....what's really crazy is I noticed on the bottom of backpage ads there are instagram links or facebook links....that have nothing to do with the advertiser....I contacted one of these once and started chatting with a girl who was a dancer in Columbus...turns out she's a real crazy one...but she didn't post the backpage ad....and her phone# is diff than the backpage one...So I found a lot of these links are just mined from the web or bogus at the bottom of backpage ads...another funny thing is that this girl is a stripper around Columbus and agreed to a date with me just off me finding her fb.....of course I couldn't follow through on it because I got back with my wife and stopped the dates for now...
  • max_starr
    7 years ago
    I do post a lot less now on facebook and I'm careful about the information that I do post. I removed a lot of things like my employer and details like jobs and schools a scammer could use to impersonate me etc...really minimizing things nowadays on social media.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    I have long strongly disliked Facebook. Myspace is okay, but not facebook.

Facebook does not know my name or any name connected emails. The account I have is just when I need to check on something or someone.

I don't even have that for linkden, which I also refuse to use.

SJG
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    I deleted all social media accounts associated with my real identity last fall.

I still have a fake IG account, tied to my fake email account, with the app on my burner phone, that I use to follow hot girls, strippers, and sex workers.
  • a21985
    7 years ago
    I'm with @lone_wolf on this one. I had no delusions about what was happening with my data at FB, its almost laughable thr number of people surprised by all this. I've had an account since 2004 as a freshman when my college finally was finally added to the list of supported schools in the early days when it was college only. It's been part of my routine of how I keep in touch with people for 14 years, and I don't care to change that now.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Facebook. Shmacebook. I don't give a shit what people mine from my page. I don't deny people have been hurt, information shared, but they put it up there.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Facebook and Linkedin want everyone to present themselves like they are filling out an employment application.

So regardless of what the companies are like, you have to consider what the participants are like that they would go along with this.

There has been one after another of Internet social realms where people dump all their personal info, even home and work address and phone numbers. So stupid, like with Yahoo 360 / Geocities. They people learn better.

Used to be on MySpace that young women would have pictures and real names and ages, so they could be browsed. Then a few years later they were all changing gender and over 100 years old and with pics which made them unrecognizable.

Facebook and Linkedin are stupid social realms. Neither had, or has ever had, any info on me.

SJG
  • abqspencer
    7 years ago
    I think it's naive to think any website isn't mining your information in some manner or another.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    ^^^^^^ Tuscl is not!

They don't really ask for anything except an email address. The email I used never gets anything except reply and PM notifications from TUSCL.

But the point is, what does it say about facebook and linkedin participants that they give out all the info?

SJG

Jimi Hendrix, live 1969, very good!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17mh2oI2…
  • orionsmith
    7 years ago
    My opinion of Facebook never changed. I've had the same opinion of them for many years. Some thought I had a negative opinion of the site several years ago but it's free to use. I never put my employment history and all that personal information on the site. I bet the same people who seem surprised now probably don't even realize Facebook and other sites also log your internet history and Facebook keeps you logged in forever tracking your history I believe. This site in comparison logs you off in a heartbeat. Founder must not care at all about reselling our data.
  • orionsmith
    7 years ago
    A lot of female users would be upset if they saw the ads I see everyday on Facebook. Girls almost naked, some with camel toe pics, some with breasts half way out. However it's all click bait third party ads. Facebook has suggested I visit other strip club web sites.
  • orionsmith
    7 years ago
    One example of click bait ad. http://www.worldlifestyle.com/celebs/new…

I removed all the Facebook data.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    7 years ago
    Zuckerberg is no friend of mine.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I have a legit Facebook account. However, it’s on my non-clubbing smartphone. I make the assumption that all apps mine my data. So I keep the accounts separate on each phone. I don’t login using my club info on my legit smartphone.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    When it comes to abusing its users’ info, Google makes Facebook look like a piker. Don’t be evil, my ass.
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    My opinion on FB has not changed - I have never used it and never will. Same with Twitter and other social media. I keep my kids mostly off of these sites too. Once something is posted online, it lives forever and, IMO, there is far more downside than upside in using these apps.

Just look at what happened recently to a 21 year old basketball player from Villanova. He posted a goofy song lyric 7 years ago, when he was only 14 years old, and is now getting it thrown back at him 7 years later on social media and even in a press conference.

No thanks.
  • wildbourbon
    7 years ago
    I deleted Facebook from my phone a couple of years ago and then finally deleted my account altogether about a year ago. I liked Facebook for keeping in touch with family and friends but they finally lost me completely when they stopped showing all my friends' posts on my timeline, instead picking and choosing which ones they wanted me to see.

I also deleted Linkedin at the same time. Linkedin was just a competition to see who could post the most important job title on their profiles and never served a good purpose for me since I didn't need it for networking.

My Instagram and Snapchat accounts have never been linked to my personal email and I use them exclusively to post my photography and follow strippers from the areas close to me. If I haven't met you or don't have a good chance of meeting you (at a club or at a photo shoot), I won't follow you.
  • TheeOSU
    7 years ago
    "Zuckerberg is no friend of mine."

Then again you can make that statement about every other being on the planet. Lol
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Facebook!

I think people who use this, give their real names and personal info, are idiots.

https://www.democracynow.org/shows/2018/…

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion