tuscl

BYOB clubs..

Can you generally bring in anything you want into these clubs? Like a bottle of jack and just make your own mixers all night??

21 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    AFAIK usually you can - but certain clubs don't allow hard-liquor
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Usually if a club says BYOB, then it is a membership club. They may not want to advertise this, they may not even tell you that you are becoming a member when you let them scan your id, and pay the door charge. But nevertheless, you are, almost always.

In the vast majority of the country, no retail establishment can allow BYOB. So it has to be a private place, a membership club.

I think it is a good deal, a very good deal because it gets them out from under all the public sex and lewdness laws. It is the business model pioneered by Swingers Clubs.

It does not get them out from under the state criminal law against prostitution. But in practice it makes it very hard for LE to justify the costs and complexities of enforcing it.

Now as far as what you can bring in, you have to ask them. Some such membership clubs, like Sights in Newark NJ, do not allow you to bring in any alcohol. They feel that it makes for a better club, and with less problems. Though I have never been there, I am inclined to agree.

For those who say BYOB on their own website, the presumably you can bring in booze. But to find out the specifics you have to read what they say or contact them.

SJG
  • sinclair
    7 years ago
    Depends on the club.

1) Some will allow hard liquor bottles, but not allow any mixers to be brought in. They make money by selling the juice, soda, ice to you.

2) Some clubs will allow only beer and no hard liquor. They might only allow cans, no glass bottles.

3) Some clubs allow you to bring in anything you want, even your own mixers.

It is best to call the club beforehand. BYOB rules should be included in club reviews, but too many guys write shitty reviews just to get a month of VIP.
  • bassdrumhanging
    7 years ago
    Most ive been to allowed beer and wine. No liquor.
  • orangepicture
    7 years ago
    My primary club allows beer, wine, malt beverages and champagne and it can be in glass or aluminum, but no hard liquor. No open bottles either. They will also provide you a free ice bucket if you need it for wine/champagne. I'm half tempted to roll in there one day with a full boxed-wine package and see how they react.

I usually drink hard ciders.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    ^^^^ Orange, so is your club a membership club? They might not tell you straight up that it is, because some guys won't like that.

Do they get to do things that retail clubs don't, like public sex and lewdness, and overall be what some have called an 'off the hook' or 'orgy club'?

Might you be willing to identify it? PM me if you wish

SJG

Do not like this neoliberal Sam Liccardo. More people leaving Silicon Valley than coming.
    http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/article…
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    In Texas, byob nude means full alcohol. I travel to Dallas every so often and love this aspect of the town. Almost half of the clubs there are full booze byob.

In PA it varies county by county. Some let you bring full liquor and others only beer and wine, so you need to call the club and advance and check.

In NJ, byob means beer and wine.

In the Greenville SC area, byob means beer and wine. Not sure about the rest of the state.

In CT, the few byob clubs left are generally full alcohol. However, there are weird rules in CT which require you to hand it over to the club and have it served back to you at a per drink cost. Still cheaper than paying straight bar prices, but not as convenient as TX or parts of PA.

The Outhouse in Lawrence KS is full booze.

Players in Baltimore is full booze, but byob clubs in other parts of MD face different rules, so call ahead.

That is the full brain dump from me, such as it is,
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    What it really is is just the membership club status, and hence it not being a retail business. After that, it is just what ever the owners want to do.

If it were a retail business, then BYOB would be illegal. They could apply for a license to sell alcohol, but BYOB would still remain unlawful.

SJG
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    It sucks around here with full nude and full liquor.
  • orionsmith
    7 years ago
    In the South Carolina nude clubs or byob clubs are usually not membership clubs and I thought they usually only allowed beer. Best to call if you don't know. Rules keep changing. Used to be several byob clubs, now I have to wonder where they are.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Juice was planning to open a BYOB club but his was Bring-Your-Own-Bitch
  • groundball
    7 years ago
    Maryland/Baltimore BYOB clubs don't give a shit. The girls like liquor better, if you're in a sharing mood.
  • DandyDan
    7 years ago
    Most of the ones in Iowa only allow beer, wine and wine coolers. The Playhouse in Council Bluffs has its own liquor store and you can buy certain well known brands of beer there, but it's only in cans. There's one in Davenport I remember getting a beer there for a dollar. I don't remember ever seeing hard liquor at any BYOB club in Iowa other than the now defunct Shotgun Geniez im Hamburg.
  • Longball300
    7 years ago
    Only one I have been to is Derrieres in SC and I have taken beer and liquor.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    In Pa - it’s best to check with the club. It may vary. I’ve brought only beer - in both bottles and cans - and I’ve never had an issue.

In NJ - I’d again recommend checking with the club. I’ve brought beer bottles and not had a problem.

Sadly there are many different laws in different states and counties - and some BYOB clubs impose their own rules on top of the local laws.
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    @groundball: If I remember correctly, Fuego had some weird rules regarding the containers that one had to use to bring hard alcohol in the club.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    When traveling, I like to just by my drink at the bar as I don’t have many options usually arriving to a club by cab/uber.

But how awesome is it if you live somewhere, where you can show up with a whine bottle of liquor at your table and all you have to pay for is ice and mixers. Bottles attract dancers like crazy, sometimes that’s good and sometimes it’s bad.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    In the vast majority of the country you cannot sell alcohol without a license. And letting people drink in an unlicensed public place is unlawful, just a few exceptions.

And if you have that license, you cannot allow people to bring their own. This is quite explicit.

So these places, " where you can show up with a whine bottle of liquor at your table and all you have to pay for is ice and mixers"
    must then be membership clubs. They may not tell you that you are on a membership list. But if challenged by LE, they are going to say that it is a membership club.

Then as far as exactly what they let you do alcohol wise, it is not a matter of laws, it is just the owners preferences.

SJG
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    shailynn posted: "But how awesome is it if you live somewhere, where you can show up with a whine bottle of liquor at your table and all you have to pay for is ice and mixers. Bottles attract dancers like crazy, sometimes that’s good and sometimes it’s bad."

I get to do it once or twice a year and it is awesome. It is the only time I deviate from Jack and drink Crown instead. I always bring in the big bottle with the purple bag and the bottle is almost always dead by the end of the night. I won't even get into how many of them will cozy up just to get the purple bag.
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    Just to add to this, Dallas is a particularly fun city for byob nude clubs. My favorite is Pandoras, but there are multiple options to try. I have even hooked up OTC earlier in the night and then returned to my hotel and caught some sleep before she arrived early in the morning after her shift.
  • TXbananas
    7 years ago
    I frequent the Clubhouse in Dallas, BYOB after 7pm. Actually no cover and FREE alcohol before 7, but I have only made it once in time to get a free well whiskey/water. BYOB here is any alcohol, no mixers--which are generally $6 at the bar (even those tiny 8oz Dasani water bottles). You can bring your own coolers in, and assume you could bring in a keg if you wanted to wheel it in the door.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion