tuscl

OT: Anyone glad the Olympics are over?

Cashman1234
He/Him - He’s a filthy pig. That’s him in VIP with another whore.
Monday, February 26, 2018 7:05 AM
I hate to sound like an old grumpy man, but I’m glad the Olympics are over. I feel like I should watch them every night - out of some odd reason to offer my viewing support to the athletes. I know that makes minimal sense. Is anyone glad the Olympics are done? It also seems way too close to North Korea to offer my full support to South Korea. Especially when they had one of rocket man’s relatives present for the opening ceremonies.

25 comments

• Bj99
    6 years ago
    I agree. My grandmother used to watch the completions leading up to the Olympics, for figure skating. I wish Olympic type sports were televised and had commentators, all of the time. I’d keep tv that way.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    “Competitions”
  • vincemichaels
    6 years ago
    No, watching the best of the best, our young striving for the starts is inspiring, even when the disappointment of that female Canadian hockey player over came her and she removed her silver medal in poor sportswomanship. You did great, young lady, you truely did !! To be in that final round, when so many didn't make it, is a reason to be proud in the first place.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Problem is, difficult to watch when the results are already displayed just about everywhere. However, I did manage to see the curling final without knowing the result in advance. THAT was fantastic to watch!
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I didn't watch any of it. To me it seems like they had to invent events in order to have competitions for the winter games. Of course I'm not a skier or ice skater. Now if the would have had snow mobile racing....
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    Lol, I read your post wrong. I do not agree. I want to watch Olympic sports all year. :P
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    I barely noticed the Olympics. Ratings were way down, so I wasn’t the only one. Social media is killing off all TV, even live sports.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    If they would provide more footage of the after-hours parties at Holland House - it would have helped - a lot! Some Nordic hotties - drinking and loosening up -
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    What Olympics?
  • PrimetimeSchein
    6 years ago
    I could care less lol
  • theDirkDiggler
    6 years ago
    I think the Olympics are the perfect length. Just a little over 2 weeks sounds so short, but it ends just before it gets too long in the tooth. The winter games are just an international skiing and skating competition basically with a little ice tube sliding and snowboarding thrown in. Oh and that sweeping on ice. I'm a lot bigger fan of the summer games, though. Although the first week of that seems to be non-stop swimming (although some of the girls don't look too bad) as if that was the only event going on, and the coverage always seems to be so obviously biased toward whatever the Americans are in medal contention for to the complete avoidance of the greatest athletes from the rest of the world.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I liked most of it but I have issues when did housekeeping become an Olympic sport I thought Curling should be on the H & G TV network or something like that.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I’m still confused why the Russians could compete. It seems a bit odd that they allowed them to compete as the Olympic Athletes from Russia. They should have made them not use any country name. A better name would have been - “The female athletes who will soon be stripping in the USA” - it might be a bit wordy but I like it!
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    They competed as individuals, but not representing their county.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    The Russians should have been competing as the "ROBs" :)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^AKA dirty housekeepers, their sweeping was very low energy, not like some of those other teams.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @ Cashman A better name would have been - “The female athletes who will soon be stripping in the USA” good one ;)
  • Tiredtraveler
    6 years ago
    As usual for the last 20 years there is to much commentary and interviews and not enough coverage. I did not watch any. Every time I went to read about what was going on it was a metro sexual athlete was bashing Pence or Trump or North Korea was doing something or other, or someone was bashing South Korea for serving dog in restaurants or how many condoms were given away in the olympic village and who was using them and why. Every Item on the list above I DO NOT CARE ABOUT AT ALL. If I want to watch olympic coverage that is what I want to watch not the sideshows and interviews that have nothing to do with the events.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    sc, "Now if the would have had snow mobile racing...." That would be great! AND demolition snow mobile!
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Given that the Olympics are only a few weeks every four years, I kind of enjoy them but I’m also ready to move on and I watched them less this year than prior olympics. It doesn’t help that the TV viewing audience seems to want to watch stuff I don’t much care for. If they used prime time TV less for figure skating, I’d probably enjoy it more.
  • vincemichaels
    6 years ago
    Beijing 2022 !! Asians everywhere, Clubber take note :)
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I enjoy the Summer Olympics a bit more. With women’s beach volleyball - and track and field - I enjoy the view. Too much clothing in the winter events!
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    vm, Was a feast this last one. :)
  • DandyDan
    6 years ago
    I had a real lack of interest in these Olympics. I think some of it was because they didn't have the NHLers for hockey. OTOH, that curling shot by the USA for the gold was great.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    DD, The fellow that made THE SHOT (SC reference #1 to validate post) was pretty much known for blowing (SC reference #2 to validate post) those opportunities. I would imagine that one will forever be etched in his memory!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion