tuscl

Olympics

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Has anyone been watching the Olympic Games this week. Some of those skiers and snowboarders are amazing.
Another thing I watched the woman’s ice hockey, I think that some of those gals are great, but those uniforms need to be fixed a bit to make them a bit more feminine. I don’t think they can wear the outfits that the figure skaters wear but there is room for improvement, for sure.
One last thing watching the Curling is boring I think I’d rather watch the washing machine.
What say you guys ?
I’m looking forward to the skiing & shooting competitions, I forget what they called it but I enjoy those and the Alpine skiing is my favorite.

19 comments

• ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    Curling boring? No way, baby. The strategy is remarkable.
  • Huntsman
    7 years ago
    Lindsay Vonn is my ideal body type.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Cloee can dance for me anytime.
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    I best den at da cow chips tossins
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    Dam auto corrector flipper phone...

I beat dem at da cow chips tossins
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    I love curling! The mixed doubles was a very interesting dynamic.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Twentyfive - Apparently you missed this.

Russian female curler.

https://www.maxim.com/sports/russian-oly…
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Curling is oddly satisfying to watch. I think they should send a regular person down those ski slopes, and up those cross country hills first, so we can appreciate how easy the athletes are making it look. I can hardly manage to get across a flat area in skis!
  • crazyjoe
    7 years ago
    ^^^ good idea
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    I wish I could snowboard. It looks like so much fun. Curling, however, is not a real sport. It is a satire made up by Canadians who wanted to troll America.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    I enjoy curling. Its a beer drinking sport like slo pitch softball. The 17 year old girl who won the half-pipe was amazing. Chloe Kim was deprived of a chance to win a medal 4 years ago because 13 year olds cannot compete. Having said that anyone who watched Shaun White win gold last night, knows that the gap between men and women snowboarders is bigger than the grand canyon. We freak because Ms. can land a 1040 and he's doing back to back 1440 and then 1260's. Cannot wait for the Men's downhill. Unless you have been over 70 on skis (I have only 2x lifetime) and these dudes go over 80, you really don't get what speed is. Been 165 in a car and 140 riding a bike and neither compares to 70+ on skis. You feel more vulnerable than you can imagine. Bill Johnson once said about skiing downhill: "Occasionally you fall and the question is never did he get hurt, but rather how badly did he get hurt."
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    It’s probably one of those posts in “You know you are a strip club addict when...” - but I keep thinking how some of the female athletes would look on the pole. I’m sure Lindsay Vonn has worked it. Some of those figure skaters have bodies that would look great on stage in a thong. There’s a long list of hotties - so I won’t go into detail.

I agree - regarding how crazy it would be to show a regular person trying some of those sports.

Isn’t curling similar to bocce on ice? It reminds me of shuffle board too. Some of the girls are definitely hot!
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Figure Skating???

Any activity that requires proper makeup, costumes and music selection is not a sport. It is an athletic exhibition.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    A bunch of the golf clubs here (up north) offer curling club in the winter. Gives the golfers so thing to do other than ski, I guess. I’ve been watching the olympics, what ever they show on free tv. Enjoyed watching Shaun And Chloe will gold in snowboarding. Also watched skiing, figure skating, luge, speed skating. Looking forward to hockey.

Twenty five might be thinking of biathalon. I’m not sure if I can see that event (maybe on during the day or on cable, dunno). I like that event since it involves shooting and just seems like weird event compared to everything else.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    Flag, technically there are only 3 sports: mountain climbing, auto racing, and bullfighting. If there isn’t a chance of death, your just playing a game, not a sport. ;)
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Then parachute jumping makes it four, but I’d question the sanity of anyone who would jump out of a perfectly good airplane. ;)
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    By Dominic77’s definition - clubbing in certain sketchy areas would qualify as a sport... there’s a chance of death, my heart rate goes up, I get sweaty, and there’s a definite way to win! Lol!
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I don’t care what you guys say curling looks like sweeping the floor maybe that how they get people trained to use a broom. LOL
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion