Economic issues facing club owners

SuperDude
Detroit, Michigan
These law suits are popping up all over the country. Here's the latest.

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/city-…

13 comments

• san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    These kinds of lawsuits against strip clubs have been happening everywhere, it goes back at least as far as the 1980's.

The devil is in the details. Contractor status will not be outlawed, but some clubs may need to change the way they try to use it.

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Yeah - been discussed on here b/f and many feel the clubs have kinda brought it on themselves by being greedy motherfuckers where they wanna control the strippers in every way possible but also not have to treat them like employees b/c it hurt$ their bottom-line.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    The club owners keep losing these law suits because they are clearly violating the law. Who would ever think a strip club owner would do that?
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Well, i agree about the club owners being greedy. Most clubs are just out to fleece everyone that walks through the doors for as much money as possible, without any regards to customer service. Unlike most businesses that understand the importance of customer service.

Otoh i do think most of these lawsuits are just bottom tier strippers trying to get a payday, because they couldnt make money as a stripper. If it was the fault of the club being greedy, it would just be easier to switch clubs.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Just noticed the article is about the owner 5 richmond, va clubs. In this case, you cant really fault any stripper that cant make money(and if they can, well they must be worth it). Its definitely the owner being greedy and sounds like all the clubs in richmond are in cahoots to keep prices high for no apparent reason.
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    I am gonna take the contra argument. I am a bull in this argument for club owners.

As a club owner you are entering a high risk venture that requires a high degree of business acumen, balls and nerve. Lawsuits are par for the course...patrons, dancers, employees, state institutions. Its the cost of doing business in this world.

Survival is predicated on your abilty to weather the constant storm.

What I especially appreciate is that they make these busineses that when I walk in the door i am treated well in this fantasy land and I dont have to deal with this bs. I happily pay my door charge, drink premium and valet. My premium goes to someone who has to deal with the dirty business I can just walk away from anytime.

Owners deserve a premium on their investment.
  • Roadworrier
    7 years ago
    That one guy owns five clubs in Richmond may explain the high prices and odd atmosphere. Note also there is a Paper Moon in Northern Virginia as well, Also high priced. Perhaps owners who brave public pressure and ridicule essence a little bit of credit, but monopolies are never a good thing for custies or the dancers.
  • Roadworrier
    7 years ago
    *deserve a little bit of credit
  • JamesSD
    7 years ago
    The best club in town actually treats the girls like contractors in terms of schedule, etc.

There's another club that treats them completely like employees
  • 79terrier
    7 years ago
    I remember when the Cheetahs (now Scores) dancers in Phoenix tried this in the mid80s. Best part was when they had a picket line. Local news was all over that.

The club won.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Contractor status is not going to be outlawed. Most clubs use it. But the devil is in the details. Some clubs need to be more careful about how they use it. And in some states the courts may not ever have really laid out the rules.

SJG
  • scgato
    7 years ago
    The problem is some clubs wanna force girls to a schedule when they are “contractors”. Managers will also say they will fire your ass if you don’t show up. Clubs are designed to fleece everyone.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Contractor status and no schedule is best! Want girls to be free to come and go as they please. Just like Mexican 'Hooker Bar'.

At times we have had it like this in South Bay, at one club.

:) :) :)

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion