tuscl

Two nights in downtown Detroit - what's everyone's favorites and why?

TheDude954
South Florida
Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:01 PM
Just found out that work is sending me out to Detroit for two nights (Sunday & Monday) early this summer. I tried to start looking into the local clubs, but was shocked to find that there are 23 listed on here for the one city. Never been to MI before, so I could really use a little local help to narrow down my options. So for those of you who know Motown well, what are your favorite clubs in downtown (or close enough to Uber to) and why? Happy to return the favor for anyone planning to head to south Florida. And if you don't want to post here, please feel free to PM me. Thanks!

25 comments

• shailynn
    6 years ago
    Spend 1 evening on 8 mike (a long cab ride from downtown) and hit up Colesium and Penthouse. Spend another night in Dearborn/Inkster (shorter cab ride from downtown) at Flight Club, and maybe BTs or the Lamding Strip. There is also Legends right downtown which has had mixed reviews but overall positive.
  • TheDude954
    6 years ago
    Thanks @Shailynn!
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    I spend it at the truck stop with $20 hookers
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    If you want a club downtown, I recommend Legends. However, Detroit clubs have been raided and may not have extras--if that's what you want. You can Uber to suburban clubs along Michigan Ave. BT's in Dearborn and Flight Club in Inkster are the best.
  • TheDude954
    6 years ago
    Thanks @jackslash Good luck with that @macktruck lol
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    Some solid choices mentioned in the posts above. There is one club I'd like to add in addition to those already mentioned in this discussion. If you like mid-tier clubs (ie, not too expensive, but not a dive either), your best bet would probably be Criket in Dearborn, which is also along Michigan Ave.
  • dancewdcpa
    6 years ago
    I echo the above...just a short ride out of motor city with Criket being comfortable and Flight Club having everything you could want but not as good a value as non-smoking Criket IMHO...
  • TheDude954
    6 years ago
    Much appreciated s275ironman and dancewdcpa. Now I've got a manageable list to start researching.
  • vincemichaels
    6 years ago
    Let's not forget the lower tier, I mean, does one go for fancy expensive ways to spend your cash. The Hamilton family in Wayne county owns several clubs, Bogarts and the 2 Henry clubs, South and North. Not fancy, but one will have a good time with some of the babes. Subis in Allen Park. Up on 8 Mile, I had personal experience with the Penthouse Club on West 8 Mile just yesterday. The VIP curtains are indeed down, dancers were not dancing on the stage and I left after 40 minutes. The place usually is jumping at 5 pm, not yesterday. It's dying.
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    Players is another club to consider checking out if you end up on 8 Mile.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Penthouse used to be perhaps the top club; but their recent issues w/ LE had them having to take their curtains down from the dance-booths and the latest reviews don't seem positive. When asking for club-info, always best to state one's preferences - e.g. type of dancer (white; black; slim; thick; 7-ups only; high-mileage/extras; etc). Also if there's a club-type preference (dive, mid-tier, upscale); and how sensitive one is to co$t; etc - if you have preferences.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    There were reports of some place on the highway running between Toledo and Detroit. About 1/3 or 1/2 of the way there, and clearly in Michigan. It might have been the sort of place MackTruck would like. But others like it too, maximum mileage dive. Anyone know of this? SJG
  • Htxx
    6 years ago
    Skip anything in Detroit until further notice. Instead, toward the airport and downriver is where you need to be going. In order (day one) probably after five too if it's a Sunday; flight club, Bogarts, Henrys north, cricket,BT's. Day two Subi's, Henry south, landing strip, flight club. Trust me I've done it before. In that order too by the way. You'll be physically and monetarily drained though! Sunday night start is the only kicker, criket and flight club will be your best bets. Travel time circuit day one (excluding starting point in an unknown location in Detroit as its a big city) is less than 15-20 minutes depending on weather. Day two circuit more like 35 minutes circuit to each door step. I'm planning on heading to south beach in a few weeks so I'll take you up on your offer.
  • TheDude954
    6 years ago
    Wow, thanks everyone. Tons of great info here, and lots of time to read up on all of them. @Papi, I will definitely be more specific next time. This time around I figured I'd see what the top 5-7 consensus places were and then focus on researching the reviews on those... Instead of going through all 23 alphabetically (still amazed by that). @Sal69 - I've read plenty on the south-Dade clubs, but have only frequented the Pompano Beach, Hallandale, and West Palm Beach scenes so far. Still happy to answer any questions I can help with.
  • Electronman
    6 years ago
    Sal69 should be writing a Lonely Planet Travel Guide to strip clubs. Good advice.
  • anthony6613
    6 years ago
    Players was super when I was just in. Collesium, I believe still has curtains up. That totally sucks about the Penthouse. What great memories in those VIP rooms!
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    Just FYI - Kendra Lust will be at Players on January 27th
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    SAN JOSE GUY SHUT THE FUCK UP TALKING ABOUT SOMEWHERE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN. THIS SHIT GETS OLD. GO PLAY IN TRAFFIC ON YOUR HUFFY BIKE.
  • DrStab
    6 years ago
    Sal has you hooked up. If you want extras, head out of town toward the airport. Heck, stop by one on your way out of town to the airport! Read the reviews for Criket, Flight Club, Bogarts, et al. Your budget will guide you.
  • WillMunny
    6 years ago
    Great info already provided, just a couple of notes to add: - For best bang for your buck, Henry's North (Inkster) runs $10 dance days on Mondays (all day), half the normal price. In my experience the dancer quality on Mondays may be slightly lower than other days, but the level of service and value can balance this out. - Virtually every club in the metro has VIP dances starting around $20-25/song, but you can negotiate with dancers for a "block price" for time and/or services instead - i.e. I'd like 30 minutes for $X, or services A & B with no song count for $Y plus tip. - You can either have this negotiation on the floor, or during your first dance so if you can't reach an agreement you're only out the cost of a single dance. - Know market rates for the club and experience you're looking to have. Especially if you let on that you're a visitor, some girls will start out witj an asking price around double what you should normally be paying. Reviews here should be helpful, you can also check the twosheds forums for City of Detroit and metro area clubs (not updated often but gives additional insight on individual clubs & pricing).
  • Doobiedoobiedoo
    6 years ago
    What type of budget are you looking at? Just like restaurants the nicer ones usually cost more. $$$ at the Cracker Barrel you could have an appetizer, soup or salad, dinner, coffee and dessert. Go to Ruth’s Chris and for $$$ You can have an appetizer and a delicious steak. Might get charged extra for zip sauce.
  • vincemichaels
    6 years ago
    As long as the overall crackdown doesn't expand in Wayne county, where all the clubs are, a good time can be had anywhere, but never forget to negotiate. Prices tend to drop fast upon PL resistance. It's a buyer's market.
  • TheDude954
    6 years ago
    @Doobie: The huge massive dance-club types are not my speed. Sometimes I like to go slumming in dive-bar SCs, but usually I prefer the traditional midsize, mid-cost type clubs. I find you get the best mix of hotness, value, drink cost, and mileage. But since I've never been to Detroit before, I felt like asking for a little group-think on the general lay of the land, and now I can go digging through the recent reviews on the 7-8 options that have been recommended above. Thanks again everyone, very much appreciated!
  • stanlee
    6 years ago
    Flight club and Penthouse hands down. Check my reviews especially 2015. I wish I had more time in the D specifically to visit these two clubs more often.
  • stanlee
    6 years ago
    FWIW I thought Cricket sucked. Bogarts too. Cricket was too ethnic for me. Mostly Hispanic on my night. Bogarts felt like sitting in an STD. too bright. No hot girls.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion