tuscl

Know Your Audience

DFreshPalace
California
While I am not going to apologise for my previous topic I will apologise for not knowing my audience. I thought we could all be adults and discuss some serious topics but I was wrong and I apologize for that. I promise you I will try and find better topics to discuss in the future though I can't always promise it may be the popular one.

I am a very passionist person who cares about women and will always defend them. I love what dancers do for a living. I love that they allow us to explore the fantasy world. I love to be able to enjoy the art of the dance and how well they use the Pole to entertain.

I fully admit about 80% of my friends are dancers, nude models, or in the entertainment field because I have more self confidence with speaking to them than I do just walking up to a pretty girl in a store or on the street. I will also admit I find most of my friends are of the female variety because I understand them more and I relate to them better.

I love taking them shopping not to spend money but so I can learn about the fashion they like. I Love the fashion shows I have had in the store or home later.

I trust women far more than I do men and I think that comes from what my mother went through.

So again I am sorry you didn't like my last topic and I will try to do better.

Thank You.

42 comments

• Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    For proper mindset on this board just imagine you walked into a biker bar... and the ones who are smart bikers are smart asses.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Apologies are for PUSSIES
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    mdb2203 you got issues, man. Just let it all slide. The less you care, the better off you'll be as member.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Reading this tells me this guy rarely (if ever) associates with civilian women. He’s very needy, and civilian women won’t spend their time with him.

His depiction of how he spends time with women makes him sound like a total creep!
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Fuck you Jackie.
  • realDougster
    7 years ago
    And now I think I know what you tried to say to me
    How you suffered for your sanity
    How you tried to set them free.
    They would not listen
    They're not
    List'ning still
    Perhaps they never will.
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    Bla bla bla
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    It’s not that we can’t be adults. When you make a statement like that and proceed w a lecture, it’s like you ate assuming that you are the only man here who doesn’t need a lecture ab respecting women. I honestly feel the same way when females do it. I get irritated at poledancer’s “listen up strippers,” rants but I know she’s sweet and doesn’t mean it that way.

If you want to open up a discussion, present it as a discussion, and not a lecture. You seem like a nice guy, but it really did come off as arrogant.
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    "While I am not going to apologise for my previous topic I will apologise for not knowing my audience. I thought we could all be adults and discuss some serious topics but I was wrong and I apologize for that."

^ Translation -> I'm not really sorry about anything. You all are immature.
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    SJG on molly...
  • rickthelion
    7 years ago
    Lions never apologize.

Lions go all wildebeest on those who expect an apology.

Do you expect an apology?

I didn't think so. ROAR!
  • DFreshPalace
    7 years ago
    BJ99 I saw your point and that's why I did this. I hope people think I am a nice guy. That is always my goal. As far as everyone who likes to name call and say other things. It really doesn't matter what you say or think of me tonight because as of now I am standing on top of the world. I have the BEST support team and people who really care about me are always there for me. I am broken but I am okay. Nothing can bring me down tonight.
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    Mdb nobody here doubts you are a nice guy. You dont have to prove that beyond what you stated. The question is what are you looking for here in your posts? Validation? I think that was done, its great for you. Now what?

Post a question, maybe a fun story others will enjoy, engage your audience. We love women too, look at that! Something in common. But you better have thick skin on some of the responses. There is allot of locker room talk in here soo as they say...man up. Hey, You might learn something too.
  • DFreshPalace
    7 years ago
    I am always thinking about story ideas. I write stories each day. Mostly for work as I work in Social Media and for a Morning Show. I also write a lot of stories about my life mostly because of the hell I've been through but how people have reached out to me to make me a better person. When I stated I was on top of the world I got a phone call from my favorite person. I had my first cancer treatment today prior to Surgery next month and with her working tonight she wanted to see how it went. Nothing can bring me down after that phone call. I honestly feel like the luckiest person on earth. So again I may not always be perfect but I try to fit in and will try harder as well.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Mdb, I'm sorry about all your health problems. However, you have to remember this is a strip club forum inhabited mostly by guys, and guys will give you shit. Don't take it personally.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    You may be a nice guy - and I’m sorry you have cancer - but you are definitely very needy and self centered. The last thing I need is a lecture from a creepy dude on a strip club website! (No offense Founder!)
  • DFreshPalace
    7 years ago
    Thank you.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @mdb2203 if you have cancer, I’m sorry to hear that, but if you really want to be a nice guy, and fit in the locker room don’t patronize us with lectures or feeling sorry for yourself. Nobody here want to deal with the Debbie Downer shit.
  • DFreshPalace
    7 years ago
    I always try to find interesting topics but sometimes I take things to heart when my friends are hurt so I write how I feel. I should have taken the one from the other night and kept it private rather than put it on here. I will try to do a better job.
  • Huntsman
    7 years ago
    Sorry you have cancer. It stinks.

If you want to be active here, I don’t think your difficulties are topic so much as tone. Strip clubs and a website about them are escapist. I come here to act like a horny dumbfuck. I don’t come here for serious introspection. If your tone is strident, over sensitive and lecturing, it’s just not going to work here. You’re as welcome here as I or anyone else is and you do need to “know your audience”. But it’s not a good idea to expect a group to be a different audience that you’d like to engage in a different way.

Hope your cancer treatments go well.
  • DFreshPalace
    7 years ago
    Stay tuned for a topic later today. I been working on.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    If it’s more of an article, you can always post it there. I think lecture type stuff, goes over better that way, and ppl still comment.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Bj99 makes a good point. We don’t need lectures here in the first place. But if you think you need to post some patronizing and lengthy lecture - put it in the articles. Remember to use punctuation -
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I think articles might appeal more to lurkers too, since it’s hard for someone who isn’t a regular contributor to follow some of these discussions, so if you really want to tell the world, articles are better.
  • DFreshPalace
    7 years ago
    I have a few pending.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Cool. You can always let us know that they’ve posted and ask for feedback, if you want it.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Yeah, that would be a good way to get attention.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Flagooner - I agree. But since I don’t read the articles - I support it! His long winded posts - with no punctuation - aren’t discussions.
  • DFreshPalace
    7 years ago
    I have 3 under review and working on 4th but right now I am doing my normal job until 2pm PST
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Here’s what seems odd to me - this guy posts that he was the victim of an online scam - but he says he works in social media? How can a guy work in social media - and not be aware of these online scams? This is a major inconsistency - and it points to trolling and a desire for attention!
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    LMAO. "Know Your Audience" vs "Consider the Source"
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    There is nothing wrong with this OP. I agree with what he is saying. People who are trying to give him a hard time, just because he maybe speaks in a little bit different sort of a tone, are just being jerks. TUSCL has no shortage of such jerks, but I still have the worst of them on ignore because they are not worth replying to.

SJG
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    mdb: You seem like a good guy who just wants to express himself. I, too, think tone is important. I don't think this is all just about not understanding your audience. It seems pretty clear that this writing is therapeutic for you, and you're being a bit self-indulgent. Or, to put it another way, you're doing some mental and emotional masturbation, and finding that we're not happy you're using us as your tube sock. We're not here to be your tube sock, man. We're here to be the guy who puts itching powder into your tube sock.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Subra, I disagree, our OP is just expressing himself, no different from anyone else. He does seem to come from a bit of a different place, but that is what can make a forum like this more interesting. If you don't like to read his posts, then just don't. But no reason to make oppositional posts.

SJG

Stones, Barcelona 1990
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWCYZtX-…

AC - DC
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4lPIehy…
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Is mdb a SJG alias
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    @san_jose_guy posted -> "But no reason to make oppositional posts."

^ Irony.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Hey that's right. And I hope people believe that, just like some believed that I was @cold'n'shallow. If they believe that than I know that they are not reading the posts, and so that I shouldn't bother reading theirs either.

I just don't believe in trying to enforce social conformity by using bullying.

SJG
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    @ SJG, there’s nothing wrong w the op’s point of view, or him expressing himself. The issue is that his attention getting title, “stop hurting women!” Is confrontational and assumes at the audience is hurting women. Besides that tho, he can take a confrontational tone if he wants, but should expect comments in turn.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    This thread is about exactly the concern of the op. If he has an issue w how ppl reacted to his thread and started a thread ab just that, I don’t see why we shouldn’t make suggestions and offer insight as to why he may have been taken differently than he’d hoped.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Bj99, I don't think our OP's thread title was directed against this forum or its members. I read it as a general commentary about the kind of thing which has surfaced about the entertainment industry and the political sphere as this last year was ending.

SJG
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    ^ I can accept that. Guess I’m used to things here being directed to us, but that does make sense.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    I do think many members of this forum have an anti-feminist position. I do not agree with this. But if they reacted against our OP's post title, I think this is the reason.

As I have always seen it, anti-feminism is completely misinformed.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion