tuscl

Forum Idea to Stop Spamming

Sunday, January 14, 2018 4:48 PM
Make it so that anyone can create an account, and post a review, but to use the discussion forum you have to have been a member for six months and written at least six reviews, with any spamming of the forum resulting in your account being reset, so that you have to wait another six months and write another six reviews before you can use the discussion forum again.

28 comments

• Dougster
    6 years ago
    Sounds like a good idea. But I say 5 months and 7 reviews. Otherwise great suggestion.
  • JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    Or do what rub Maps does and doesn't give you access to the forums to comment unless your a paying member
  • Dougster
    6 years ago
    Charge some small fraction of a bitcoin for every post someone wants to make. You could also work in a credibility system so if the post was judge good by other posters you would get part of your fee back. LOL! I think science can fix this problem quite easily.
  • anonlvone
    6 years ago
    what is rub maps?
  • anonlvone
    6 years ago
    i don't like your idea, because then anyone could just pay to troll. better idea would be to reset the accounts of forum spammers, and then force them to wait another six months AND require them to become paying members
  • JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    I've paid my right to troll tuscl with life time membership on multiple accounts so yes it's flawed logic but at least it supports the site and the owner and helps there to be a future to troll on a god damn beautiful and free site like this one Tuscl has more freedoms than America citizens do lol Rub Maps is the tuscl for massage parlors that get you laid
  • Dougster
    6 years ago
    @anonlvone: then adjust the fee up. Fees work great for preventing spam in other systems. Something I would have expected an IT guy like you to know. LOL!
  • JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    The best system would be a self governing one like on reddit If it gets enough dislikes it moves to the bottom and if it gets enough Ikea it moves to the top Only issue then would be multiple accounts :)
  • anonlvone
    6 years ago
    the reddit system sucks ass. its encourages mediocre posting.
  • Rick999
    6 years ago
    This would allow long term trolls to stay here dictating things but new members only here to talk about strip club topics out in the cold. Plus sometimes people like to talk about other topics. It is obvious if someone is posting a lot of spam or being a menace calling other users names. If I controlled the site, I would just suspend or block that user name for a month or longer if they were causing a problem that was hurting the site. The way some people treat their user names, they would either get the message or leave butt hurt and go away.
  • anonlvone
    6 years ago
    @Rick, are you responding to me or juice? I don't see how my suggestion would allow long term trolls to rule the forum when they would be getting six months bans for asshattery
  • JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    Just shut the site down LMFAO
  • anonlvone
    6 years ago
    i'm sure i'm not reading this correctly. you're saying if you can't troll the forum you don't want anyone else to be able to use it?
  • Rick999
    6 years ago
    Just saying at some point in time many members here could have been accused of making off topic posts or something that someone doesn't like. Crossing the line in my opinion is name calling other people or posting the same crap a million times. You can say a post is idiotic or doesn't make sense but calling posters morons, stupid, bitch, etc crosses the line in my opinion except in the case where they verbally attacked the poster first instead of the argument. another exception would apply to rob's in the club. I think it's ok to call them rip off bitches. They stole your money. Calling them a criminal isn't the right word. Bitch is more appropriate. A hacker posted thousands of user names and passwords back a few years ago and many accounts were inactive. A smart user could still spam the board with hundreds of old accounts making it look like lots of users. If a hacker did it before, they might be able to do it again plus all those old accounts could be used by anyone who downloaded the database.
  • anonlvone
    6 years ago
    @ rick - i said spamming, didn't say anything about occasional off topic posts or flaming. and hackers have better things to do with their time than spam TUSCL
  • Rick999
    6 years ago
    I just didn't like the idea you can't post if you decide to abandon an old user name and go with a new one to be more anonymous. There is no easy transfer option to keep any credits for reviews but start over with discussion topics. Stopping new users from posting would stop new dancers from posting plus everyone else if they had a question or wanted to talk. I wouldn't like it if I just joined and paid money but couldn't post to the discussion board.
  • Rick999
    6 years ago
    Spamming could be an automatic rules violation. I see no problem with that. I don't control this site though. All I do is make suggestions. I think the only reason I do that is because I keep visiting and find the site useful at times and it's like a strip chub with all the drama of knowing some strippers. I think some people like the arguing and drama. Others just want to sit quietly, drink their beer and look at tits, ass, and pussy.
  • JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    :)
  • lotsoffun201
    6 years ago
    Maybe LE wanted the info from here for the fake passport guy and not someone else???
  • anonlvone
    6 years ago
    how about this? life continues as usual for the non-spammers, including new accounts spammers get a six month ban from the discussion forum, have to become paying members to continue to use the site, and have to contribute six club reviews in six months to get back posting privileges on the discussion forum founder is the sole determiner of what constitutes spamming
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I enjoy the site just the way it is, for both info and fun.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    going beyond ‘fun’... spamming is an immature act.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    This site is awesome. You can.... 1. Get a passport 2. Learn how to make lasagna 3. Get bitcoin and stock advice 4. Learn how to deal with you Mom if you live with her (thanks SJG). 5. If you’re 45 and still a virgin, you can get advice on how to fix that issue. 6. Fuck up your marriage real quick.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    I don’t see why the spamming is an issue for members, since members can just ignore someone.
  • lotsoffun201
    6 years ago
    Well said shailynn LOL!!!
  • anonlvone
    6 years ago
    @ shailynn - lol at #6 @ BJ99 - ignore doesn't always work. sometimes i will accidentally respond to someone i have on ignore because the feature isn't working. it's also awkward because it means i have to be logged into the site all the time or else i see all those spam posts. it's also awkward because sometimes i don't realize that someone in a thread is responding to a person i have on ignore, so my comments are off. and finally, all the spamming, even if i don't read it directly, is indirectly creating a lot of hostility on the board and just generally makes the board a much less pleasant place. the spamming leads to flaming, and the flaming makes everyone lower their standards of discourse. i'm not asking to change everything from top to bottom, i just want the endless ridiculous spamming and flaming to end.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    @ anon, that makes sense. I don’t ignore anyone here, so I didn’t realize that stuff.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    6 years ago
    @anonlvone, Yes, you're right. It may lead to lower standards of discourse. That makes sense. Anyway, tell us all again, what are the Top 10 Reasons to suspect that a person might be a faggot? Truly you have helped us restore the lost art of civil conversation.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion