tuscl

Why do strippers charge SO MUCH MONEY?

Thursday, November 16, 2006 8:02 AM
Why is it that some strippers charge SO MUCH MONEY? Why do they OVERVALUE the price of their SEXUALITY and/or their AFFECTION?

7 comments

• casualguy
    17 years ago
    I figure they must have money to burn if they want to pay whatever the stripper asks for. Except when prices are not negotiable then they must be very horny to be willing to pay some dance prices.
  • RomanticLover
    17 years ago
    What do you think of the men who PAY prices that are OVERINFLATED? Do you think that they are PATHETIC, DESPERATE LOSERS?
  • RomanticLover
    17 years ago
    What about the money?
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    Of course RL. Just look in the mirror. I sometimes get emotionally desperate after being told at work we need to do this and this and this and this and oh it needs to be done by tomorrow. Then the guy telling me this sets up a meeting an hour or two earlier than I normally go into work for us to report on our work. Then after I and I should stress "I" work hard to get things done and then get up long before the sun comes up, I go into work and my email message from him says, meeting has been resheduled at 11 am. Some of us need to relax and forget all about work.
  • RomanticLover
    18 years ago
    Are some men who go to strip clubs EMOTIONALLY and SEXUALLY DESPERATE?
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    The market. Why do dogs lick their balls? Because they can. Why do strippers charge what they charge? Because they can. Strip-clubbing services are one of the least regulated free markets out there right now -- strictly cash, entirely un-recorded, service-for-money, no need-basis at all (entirely for pleasure, like a cruise or a lollipop, not like gas for commuting for Ramen-o-Noodles for dinner).
  • Spewbie
    18 years ago
    What you consider "overvalue", others may consider reasonable or affordable. Economics says that if the demand for a particular girl is high (for her limited time), she can charge a little more and make more money. If she charges too little, she will lose potential income. I'm not saying that stripperscharge too much or too little; I'm saying that what they charge is usually based on a balance between what they charge for their time and how much time they can get custys to pay for. I would not consider stripping to be an easy job. It's tough on the dancer's body, emotions, and schedule. Girls are only able to work for a limited period of time (while their body still looks good and their joints still bend) - just like athletes who get paid big dollars in high-injury-risk sports. Many girls look at men with an altered perception after dancing (which is a long-term issue). Girls (usually) have to pay stage fees (a fee to dance at the club) and are required to work on slow days (with few customers) if they want to be able to work on busy days. Girls risk the embarrassment of being seen by family and/or friends. Also, stripping limits options for other careers as the general public does not usually sympathize with the plight of a dancer (I would include you in this generalization). Most girls can't overcome the embarrassment of showing their entire body to some stranger for nothing more than money; many girls never learn how to sell their performances and fail to make money. Stripping is not an easy job. It takes a lot of trial-and-error and sales skills for a girl to become successful. Also, typically the club sets rates and the girls can negotiate a little, but they don't want to undercut their coworkers (at the same club). You ask why strippers charge so much? The short answer is: because men will pay it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion