tuscl

Chicago Strip Clubs

dennyspade
Illinois
Thursday, November 23, 2006 8:57 AM
OK -- I have been to almost (85%-90%) every club in the Chicagoland area and have seen the insides of "JackShacks", Lingerie Bars, Glitzy ShowBars and Hole-in-the-Wall Brothels. There is no rhyme or reason on lap dance prices: $20 will get you a nude 2:30 dance at the SKYBOX (yet you can get 4 for $50 with the same girl (paid-in-advance.) $5 will get you a bikini-clad, full-song, hands-on lapper at AllStars Bar in Lyons. TUSCL Favorite Industrial Strip charges $55 for a 3-song nude lapper in private. Jimmy's Gentlemen's Club will get you a full-song lapper for $15 and Club 390 charges $20. Are you guys seeing a wide variety of pricing in your area ? Does the type of venue matter? Quality of talent ? It's a strange market right now. Most Chicago clubs are experiencing sparse crowds and the talent is moving from club to club with limited success. Have we reached a lapper pricing plateau?

9 comments

• happylap
    18 years ago
    Thanks, denny. Is it worth adding to the tuscl database? Chicago is definitely a strange market. I figure it’s local laws not state laws that make it so weird because in St. Louis all the good clubs are on the Illinois side of the river and they are much better than anything around Chicago. In the city you’ve got odd-ball places like the Admiral Theater and Scarlett’s. I been to both of those only once and that was years ago. There’s a two or three places on the north side around North and Clyborn but I don’t think they are much for lap dances with contact, as far as I know. Out in Melrose Park you can get a lap dance (if you can call it that) on a bar stool in front of all the other customers for $10—maybe more if you want to cop a feel. Maybe the best for contact lap dances is All Stars in Northlake but if I remember correctly they go for about $30 a song. As dennyspade mentioned, Industrial Strip, across the state line in Hammond, has excellent, all-nude lap dances with two-way contact (just not the kitty). But then they have those stupid pasties! I think that’s the most illogical thing I’ve seen in a strip club. Recently I was in Portland, OR. That’s another weird place….
  • dennyspade
    18 years ago
    OK: All Star Bar & Grill is just a bar, which lies on that unincorporated corner between McCook and Lyon. It's located on 47th Street near the intersection of Joliet Road and 47th. All Star Bar & Grill 7949 W 47th St Mc Cook, IL Phone: (708) 442-8600 They have Big Screen TV showing sports events, several TV's throughout the bar, a good kitchen if you like burgers and bar food, a "regular cleintele," owner is an ex-LE type and you will find an ethnically and socially diverse clientele. The Lingerie Dancers charge $5 for a full-song jukebox-driven lapper, Although you can touch, they keep their bikinis on. If you are a voyeur, this is not your place. If you like good conversation, good drinks and a fun atmsophere, you are only minutes away from Midway Airport.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I figured Denny was referring to this, which is in TUSCL, except that it's not very close to Lyons, and the reviews talk about $20-$30 topless dances but not $5 bikini dances. Allstar's Gentlemens Club 11645 W Grand Ave Northlake, Illinois (708) 409-9500
  • happylap
    18 years ago
    2jiggab: I found 2 possibilities: All Star Bar & Grill 7949 W 47th St Mc Cook, IL Phone: (708) 442-8600 All Star Beauty Club 7501 W Cermak RD Riverside, IL Phone: (708) 447-8768 It might be the one in McCook. Probably not the one in Riverside but you never know. If it exists we should get it into the TUSCL list. Post here if you get any new info. Better if dennyspade gives us the scoop.
  • 2Jiggab
    18 years ago
    Dennyspade; where is Allstars Bar in Lyons. what is their phone number or address that price seems like a great deal if I ever seen one! Thanks
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Yeah, the girls quite often resist common-sensical market solutions. And a PRIME factor is the fact that many customers simply don't know what the going rate could be, and therefore are easy marks for inflation. More educated customers would make for lower prices, in nearly every market I've ever read about. Thanks to TUSCL, at least SOME of us are more educated. We need to figure out how to get the word out MORE, to guys who only go to strip clubs once in a blue moon, to help convince those suckers not to part with their money too easily, to limit them from driving the price up for the rest of us.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    As far as I know, Chicago area clubs have set dance prices and don't permit the kind of bargaining Shadow and Book Guy describe. That's the case with much of the midwest, at least Michigan and Indiana. I think the wide range of price vs. value that Denny describes is a result of the very poor supply vs. demand around Chicago. Clubs approach it differently, either figuring they have a near monopoly on pussy and jacking up prices, or realizing there are a lot of alternatives to strip clubs that are cutting into their business, and trying to remain competitive.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I agree with Shadowcat that most girls would make more if they lowered their prices. But often it's the club, not the girls, who set prices. And the clubs must make more from the higher dance prices or at least they think they do. Personally I think they're losing customers because of high prices. They don't seem to realize that their competition is much broader than just other strip clubs. For example I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather get a massage than go to a strip club, it costs a lot less and provides many of the same benefits.
  • parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    The Chicago strip club model was designed by an evil crack addicted sadist.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion