Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

Ethereum vs Ripple

Dougster

8 yrs ago · 1 min read

Looks like they are jockeying for 2nd place for market cap in the cryptocurrency space. Which one are you cheering for? Which do you hold. I like Ethereum because it is less corporate, and more disruptive. Plus those zk-SNARKS gotta be a winner.

Replies (9)Latest

Profile picture for wildbourbon
wildbourbon
•

I've bought a little bit of both. I like Ripple but it's a PITA to buy right now compared to Ethereum.

I wish the marketplace was easier to navigate...

Profile picture for skibum609
skibum609
•

I am cheering for every investor to lose everything and do a 1929 off a building.

Profile picture for san_jose_guy
san_jose_guy
•

We are witnessing the progressive corruption of Dougster. Unlikely he will even last as long as his mentor, Bernie Madoff.

SJG

Profile picture for ime
ime
•

XLM is gonna be a big winner. IBM backing and FairX, glad i got in at under 30 cents.

Profile picture for Dougster
Dougster
•

skibum609: "I am cheering for every investor to lose everything and do a 1929 off a building"

And you say there is something really wrong with me.

Profile picture for HungryGiraffe
HungryGiraffe
•

I’m impressed by the simplicity and low transaction costs of Ripple. Great for supply chain management. Has big bank support, including American Express.

Profile picture for Dougster
Dougster
•

Big bank support is a negative for me: at least from the perspective of me investing in line with my ideals. For a purely investment POV, however, hard to argue it is not a plus and the big rally sure seems to support that.

I would be disappointed, however, if, after all the effort people put into decentralization the market voted on a centralized solution as its favorite. In the end, though, if that is the will of people so be it! I too would jump on the train at that point if it's clear it's going to be the winner.

Still early in the race, however, IMO.

Profile picture for twentyfive
twentyfive
•

Eastman Kodak just announced a crypto currency they are going to use for payment of photo images using blockchain technology.

Profile picture for Dougster
Dougster
•

Buy! Buy! Buy!

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement