tuscl

Great line from a s.c. manager

Sunday, December 10, 2006 6:30 PM
Heard earlier this week from a manager, as he watched shift change: "This business is like being a horse trainer: I have to feed 'em and clean up after 'em, and someone else gets to ride 'em."

11 comments

• DougS
    18 years ago
    For obvious reasons, we never got past the "talk" stage of opening a club, and thus we were never too serious. Besides the wives not approving of that sort of business venture, the next big hurdle was trying to find a location. The SB area is not very receptive to SCs. To be honest, when thinking/talking about opening the club, surprisingly all of the pleasant aspects of club ownership came to mind, however dealing with the sort of people that would want to help me "protect" the club never occurred to me.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    "It's a real nice club you got here, Doug. You know, it would be a shame if anything happened to a nice club like this..."
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    I think anyone who considers getting into a major-cash business that functions on the fringes of "typical" society, needs to seriously consider his potential relationship to organized crime and shake-down squads. I can't imagine a strip club opening just about ANYWHERE in the United States without it soon receiving a visit or two for "protection" money from a couple of goons whose last names end in vowels.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I've only ever known two club owners and they were both sampling the goods with some but not all of their dancers, probably far fewer than half. In one case it was a pretty direct exchange of favor for favor (eg. better work shifts), in the other it was more a case of girls partying at his home with free drugs involved.
  • DougS
    18 years ago
    Chandler: It just adds to my desire to open my own club. A few buddies and I have always talked about opening a club, because we've all been to plenty of clubs and know how a club SHOULD be. We also worked together for a restaurant "holding company" (a franchisor and franchisee of at one time 2,000+ restaurants), so we know a bit about food cost (bev), running a business similar to a club. The only downside, and biggest reason we've never done so is there's no one in hell our wives would allow it. (a slight tactical problem)
  • DougS
    18 years ago
    It was kind of jokingly asked above, but let me officially put it out there. I've always wondered if the owners, DJs, bartenders and bouncers, were able to sample the goods. I assume that working closely with the girls and becoming friends with them, probably opens some windows of opportunity. From discussions I've had with "my girls", I've heard of a particular club's owner making girls perform acts on him as a way to get back in his good graces for constantly being late, or breaking a club's rules. I believe it's true. Just curious if anyone else had heard, seen or has knowledge of club staff getting priviledges with the girls.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Doug: I'd say it's more common than you're probably aware of, but not as ubiquitous as you might imagine. For example, at my home club, the previous manager was notorious for trying to pressure every single stripper for sex, and succeeding with many of the weaker ones. The current guy is more subtle. He mainly selects one favorite at a time for his fuckmate, although he goes through them as fast as he can hire a new one. Also, most of the bouncers used to pimp some of the girls, but the manager now doesn't like competition, so he fires bouncers who get too involved with the strippers. In general, it's like any workplace with young people who get romantically involved, with the added ingredients of unequal power relationships, truckloads of cash flying around, low morals, and eroticism on display.
  • ssewarrior
    18 years ago
    I don't know about the typical help (unless there is a connection made with a dancer here and there) but I know Papa gets his when he wants it.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Was he referring to customers? If not, who's riding who in that club?
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    I think the managers and DJs get some kickback of the "get to ride 'em" variety don't they? They're advertising for DJs and bartenders at the Bourbon Street Hustler clubs here in NOLa, ya think I oughta apply just to find out?
  • ssewarrior
    18 years ago
    That's hilarious. But we all know that "Papa" gets his in the club right! :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion