tuscl

Web Programming, HTML, CSS, and more

san_jose_guy
money was invented for handing to women, but buying dances is a chump's game
Tuesday, December 19, 2017 3:59 PM
Suppose I want to have a line of text, say a paragraph. I want all the text to be blue, except for one word. So I use CSS to style it to blue. But suppose that one word is to be red. Can I make it red by using CSS, or do I have to use deprecated HTML methods to do this? SJG Dizzy Gillespie United Nation Orchestra [view link]

106 comments

• NaturalSelection
    7 years ago
    Literally thousands tutorial web sites devoted to these topis and you pick TUSCL to ask this? [view link]
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    well if you didn't get kicked off that computer nerd forum maybe you could have asked them.
  • NaturalSelection
    7 years ago
    <p style="color:blue">SJG is a <span style="color: red">fag</span>!</p>
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @SJG is definitely a gay cocksucker!
  • NaturalSelection
    7 years ago
    Hahaha, Founder doesn't allow tags. Replace square brackets worn angle brackets. [p style="color:blue"]SJG is a [span style="color: red"]fag[/span]![/p]
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    For all the time he spends on the computer and he still doesn't know about Google...
  • wildbourbon
    7 years ago
    Technophiliac SJG is fingering his keyboard again in the front room. When the computer prompts you to "insert disk", don't.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    I think he is just starting another thread where he replies to himself 100+ times. Fucking autustic basement dwelling gravy slurper.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    I guess this is the way to do it, SPAN. That can work within a paragraph, so inline styling for the paragraph, and then for the span. Never before knew it could be used it that way. [view link] And for all the others who have posted on this thread: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Font List: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Curious Fonts [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    SPAN works. This is great, for getting colors off of an image. Better than what I had been using, more colors. [view link] SJG
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Here's some code: crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    crazyjoe bump
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    For Shailynn: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Google Fonts, very useful [view link] SJG
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Those are nice fonts. Maybe if you design Mamisan a nice new banner she’ll let you sit in the lobby and ogle the massage parlor attendants for 30 minutes.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    ^^^^^^^^ Maybe if you make some new banners for the West Texas Christian Glee Club, you mom will let you out of the attic. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Bruce Perens' Open Source Series AJAX Creating Web Pages With Asynchonous JavaScript and XML by Edmond Woychowsky SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ Outstanding book, need to spend more time with it. Actually similar to things I was already thinking of. AJAX is a technology for making web pages. But also talks about Ruby and Rails. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    So in hand now: Jump Start SASS by Hugo Giraudel and Miriam Suzanne, published by sitepoint. Sitepoint is the big web programming advice forum? [view link] Yes it is, publishes lots of books now. So they talk about a pre-processor for CSS. I like pre-processors. Does it run when you upload to the server, or do you have to make it run on the server? 2016 book. SJG Magic - Enclosed 1969 (FULL ALBUM) [Psychedelic Rock] [view link] Bold - Bold 1969 (FULL ALBUM) [Psychedelic Rock] [view link] Also now in hand JavaScript & jQuery, by David Sawyer McFarland
  • TrollWarnBot
    6 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy: san_jose_guy - commonly referred to as SJG this forum member is usually mocked or ignored, his comments should NOT be taken in any way as legitimate
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Jump Start SASS by Hugo Giraudel and Miriam Suzanne, published by sitepoint. So SASS is a preprocessor for style sheets. They say it was originally done with C/C++. But now it is in Ruby, a Ruby extension, knows as a Ruby Gem. So you write in .sass and it will make it into .css. So sounds like it does not run on the web server, but it runs on your development computer. Sounds good. They show telling it to 'watch' your .sass source file, like to do the peprocessing on its own. Not sure how this works. But Unix does allow daemons. Is this how? Anyway, preprocessors are often a great way to go. And there are others for this kind of need. To be honest, I read the very complete book, and to me it seems like overkill. I cannot see why one woujld need to much complexity in just making their style sheet. But, this gets into something else I find interesting, Content Management Systems, like for publishing books and articles on your website. [view link] JavaScript & jQuery, by David Sawyer McFarland SJG want to watch: Chronic State [view link] an anti-marijuana film
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    JavaScript & jQuery, by David Sawyer McFarland Excellent book, McFarland a most suitable author, and O'Reilly a great publisher. O'Reilly really did change the nature of computer books when they started. JavaScript is great. Few use Java, and JavaScript has very little to do with it, but JavaScript is great. I am now lifting my negative view of ClojureScript, I will read about it. JQuery is a library of JavaScript code. Book also talks about Ajax technology, requesting the JSONs. SJG Katherine S. Newman, on campus safety, 2008 [view link] Why 20-Somethings are Moving Back Home [view link] Katherine Newman - America's "missing class" presentation [view link] Elliot Rodger The Virgin Killer 2014 Isla Vista killings Documentary [view link] The Secret Life Of Elliot Rodger 2020 FULL Interview [view link] Channel 4 Elliot Rodger The Virgin Killer Full Documentary [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Build Your Own 2D Game Engine and Create Great Web Games Using HTML5, JavaScript, and WebGL [view link] People at the University of Washington. SJG BBW Boob Out / Crotchless [view link]
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    OMG!!! Lol
  • drewcareypnw
    3 years ago
    I'm pretty sure a lot of this post was created by a bot.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Build Your Own 2D Game Engine and Create Great Web Games Using HTML5, JavaScript, and WebGL by Kelvin Sung (Author), Jebediah Pavleas (Author), Fernando Arnez (Author), Jason Pace (Author) [view link] These guys are with University of Washington Bothell Jason Pace is with the Digital Future Lab at University of Washington Bothell [view link] SJG Magic - Enclosed 1969 (FULL ALBUM) [Psychedelic Rock] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    WebGL [view link] [view link] [view link] Established Game Engines, Unity, Unreal Engine, Panda3D HTLM5 offers SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) SJG [view link] [view link] Same girl that is in a lot of these pics, but now with blindfold off [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Github and StackOverflow SJG Martinism [view link] Also, another girl that is in some of this [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    NetBeans IDE Apache NetBeans [view link] Connector Google Chrome Plug-in SJG [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    HTML Canvas [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    first use of HTML Canvas <canvas id="myCanvas" width="200" height="100" style="border:1px solid #000000;"> </canvas>
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^ oops, first time that has happened. TUSCL was sending my example HTML back to my browser. It was supposed to be "<canvas id="myCanvas" width="200" height="100" style="border:1px solid #000000;"></canvas>"
  • SanchoRG
    3 years ago
    You can pay guys on fiverr to do most of that for you these days
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    [view link] Thanks, SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    WebGL tutorial, intended for working with the "canvas" tag. [view link] [view link] SJG [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    JavaScript Tutorial [view link] SJG action uniform [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    HTML button [view link] HTML canvas [view link] ^^^^ This stuff has been added since earlier times I used HTML. They are also making JavaScript go into it more seamlessly. SJG says this is open crotch [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    HTML5 Games Creating Fun With HTML5, CSS3, and WebGL Seidelin, Jacob Learning HTML5 Game Programming a Hands-on Guide to Building Online Games Using Canvas, SVG, and WebGL SJG [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    JavaScript & jQuery McFarland, David Sawyer [view link] SJG TJ Street, new [view link] TinyIslandgurl [view link] Martinism [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I think my web host is letting me down on some old accounts, not really spooling out the current version of my index file. Confusing me. SJG Jeff Healey - All Along The Watchtower [view link] TJ Street [view link] OMS Martinists [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    HTML Validator: [view link] SJG TJ Street [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I have 2014 3rd edition: JavaScript & jQuery McFarland, David Sawyer But looks like it is really HTML4, not HTML5. And jQuery and UI jQuery look to be about better data input forms, something like that. Might be superseded by HTML5. So I will go to: Learning HTML5 Game Programming A Hands-on Guide to Building Online Games Using Canvas, SVG, and WebGL (2012) by Williams, James L. SJG CinnamOn [view link] DominaaLovee [view link] TJ Street [view link] [view link] [view link] Bound In High Heels [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    JavaScript Form Validation [view link] Need to use this now. Everything else working SJG ERIC CLAPTON & PETER FRAMPTON - "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" (HD) [view link]
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    ^^^ five and a half hours today you’ve spent at the library posting nothing but meta narratives in a vacuum. Not one reciprocated and you still exist!! Why?? Tye library closes in 30 minutes and your spamming will cease and we will all breathe some relief until you do it all over again tomorrow with your fake organization your building. What a waste!!
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Meat, your spamming and harassment know no bounds. That Circle Jerk Room has a linoleum on concrete floor. Going to bore some holes in it and install some rings, and then shackle you to them by the ankles, make sure you stay in there. SJG
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Would you please go stick your dick in a live electrical outlet?
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^^ Would you please get your as in the Underground Circle Jerk Room, and stay in there until you learn to use ignore, or until your mom calls you to drive you to the next West Texas Christian Glee Club event. Web Forms [view link] SJG extremely well composed picture, better than 98% of what is in the dancer directory [view link] Boob Fest, Miami FL [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    In hand: Learning HTML5 Game Programming A Hands-on Guide to Building Online Games Using Canvas, SVG, and WebGL (2012) by Williams, James L. about 225 pages, small book. Worth taking time to read it. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^ This book is dated, and I don't really need to spend much time with it. It is James Lamar Williams, a bay area code developer and author. [view link] talks about HTML5, which I guess goes back to 2009, and it may have originally be just a draft. Talks about AJAX about SVG, Scalable Vector Graphics about WebGL about RaphaelJS and about a lot of stuff he was involved with which led to Google Groovy. For myself I do my best to avoid things like Google Groovy. But some of their stuff actually plugs into the browsers to extend them. SJG OT: Assembler, C/C++, Embedded Systems, Machine Architectures, Development Syste [view link] Awesome [view link] ankle straps and good colors [view link] James R. Williams [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    JavaScript Form Validation [view link] HTML Forms [view link] and input and other tags SJG SJG Leftist Future [view link] Awesome [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Use stuff like this with the new HTML5 audio tag [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    HTML audio [view link] This seems to be little audio blocks you can run, in the above example, and on my own practice web page. But for games and lots of other stuff you want fully embedded audio. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I can take the 'controls' attribute of of the 'audio' tag, and then control it from within the web page, while removing the control graphic from the page. I have downloaded audios, but on my web host I have not been able to upload them yet. No problem though in making the web page respond to keyboard actions. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    JavaScript Audio [view link] ^^^ This is more HTML DOM, not what I need. This looks right: [view link] SJG WOW! The Devil’s Daughters w/ Danny B Harvey - Rock Boppin’ Baby [view link] Beth Hart - Baloise Session 30.10.2018 [view link] Drum Hand [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Maybe what I tried to upload before was MP3. Now I have WAV uploaded. User can control playback via the keyboard, NOT THE MOUSE! [view link] SJG Drum Hand [view link] nextjs [view link] Next.js is an open-source development framework built on top of Node.js enabling React based web applications functionalities such as server-side rendering and generating static websites. React documentation mentions Next.js among "Recommended Toolchains" advising it to developers as a solution when "building a server-rendered website with Node.js". [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Okay, so there is the HTML5 'audio' tag, and it has attributes. src controls (makes a UI) autoplay preload (none|metadata|auto) And then there is the JavaScript 'audio' element, and it has properties. I think in the more traditional terminology for object oriented langauges we would call it an object and it has methods. But as this has all developed it is an element and it has properties. This book actually shows how to generate your own sound clip data, and then to play it. So playing back a midi sequence can the be real. But computer keyboards work by columns and strobes, so they can never do polyphony. play pause paused (gives a boolean) loop (which gives a boolean) currentTime (gives you the current time) volume ( =0.75, meaning 75%, seems to be the default) muted (true sets it to 0.0, false sets it to 0.75) canPlayType() ( returns probably, maybe, or an empty string to mean no) Still don't know how to change the src on the audio tag, but from within run time JavaScript. Mozilla Audio Data API (has links to other materials too) [view link] so you are using the property mozWriteAudio(...) mozCurrentSampleOffset(...) mozSetup(...) Basic concepts behind Web Audio API [view link] SJG discussion of next.js [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Mozilla, Web Audio API [view link] UI web audio API [view link] web audio API [view link] [view link] w3c [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    They can't write books fast enough to keep up with this. And then with all the HTML tags and attributes, and the JavaScript elements and properties, you need to have online documentation. Christina Aguilera - 2019 The Return of the Slutdrop [view link] [view link] Chaka Khan - What Cha' Gonna Do For Me (Official Music Video) [view link] CHAKA KHAN 1985 I Feel For You [LIVE Ohne Filter Extra] GERMANY] [view link] Chaka Khan - LIVE - '85 - HQ [view link] Chaka Khan (Ain't Nobody) rare 80's performance ( on just one channel) [view link] Chaka Khan - Melody Still Lingers On (Live, 1981) (Night in Tunisia) [view link] Dizzy Gillespie, Arturo Sandoval,"Night in Tunisia" [view link] Roundabout (2003 Remaster) [view link] Yes - Performance for Belgian TV (1970) [view link] Yes 1969 [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    HTML5 Games by Jacob Seidelin, 2012 So we have AJAX using XMLHttpRequest and that revolutionizing web pages. But no way to continually poll the server. So we have Comet [view link] But now we also have WebSockets. Sounds kinda like the Unix TCP-IP Sockets [view link] And now we also have this WEBGL, glMatrix, and GSLS, for 3D, and it seems to have some matrix capability. [view link]. and then what is this e.keycode ? [view link] gives you the keycodes when you press the key [view link] maybe this is a good place to start [view link] SJG [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Introduction to web APIs [view link] Introducing JavaScript objects [view link] Object-oriented JavaScript for beginners [view link] JavaScript uses special functions called constructor functions to define and initialize objects and their features. Gives example of: Web Audio API [view link] SJG MistressViolet [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    React [view link] best place to read first: [view link] JavaScript e.keycode They seem to use event.keycode [view link] [view link] also looks good [view link] SJG more TJ street, getting to be warmer weather, so less clothes, and the stupid masks off [view link] [view link] good! [view link] [view link] [view link] Los Angeles? [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    DOM API [view link] event [view link] DOM spec for event [view link] UI keyboard event [view link] Keycodes [view link] keyboard codes list [view link] Standard "101" Keyboard Layout Desktops and Laptops both seem to have function keys up to F12. [view link] function section [view link] [view link] SJG War - The World Is a Ghetto 1972 Full Album [view link] [view link] Los Angeles [view link]
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    Ii like this Christina Aguilera video [view link] The official policy of USO clubs in WW2 stated that clubs are open to military service members of all races. However, depending on the geographic region this was not typically the practice. This video is likely historically inaccurate
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Still following HTML5 Games, by Jacob Seidelin He talks about Web Sockets, to be able to have multi-player games which communicate with a common server. Sounds similar to the UNIX TCP-IP sockets. Now he is talking about using node.js, that is running JavaScript server side. Never been particularly enamored with that. He indicates that there are other ways, though he doesn't seem to go into detail. So have to learn more online, as it always is, far more to this than what can be books. [view link] SJG MonaLisa Twins [view link] The Jeff Healey Band - While My Guitar Gently Weeps (live) [view link] The Jeff Healey Band - All Along the Watchtower (from See the Light: Live from London) [view link] Pigers [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    WebSockets [view link] for the Server [view link] A WebSocket server can be written in any server-side programming language that is capable of Berkeley sockets, such as C(++), Python, PHP, or server-side JavaScript. So yes, it is like Unix TCP-IP Sockets, good! [view link] If I am going to write something like that it will be in C/C++ But as to what is available PHP [view link] [view link] [view link] SJG The Bootleg Beatles-Drive My Car (I guess this is a tribute band) [view link] Rainbow - Highway Star - Live at Monsters of Rock in Bietigheim-Bissingen 18.06.2016 (seems to have Ritchie Blackmore, at least I think that is him) [view link] [view link] Thin Lizzy Live, 1978' [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Modernizr, feature detector so you javascript app can tell what plug ins are resident and what the brower can do [view link] SJG The Bootleg Beatles-Drive My Car (I guess this is a tribute band) [view link] Rainbow - Highway Star - Live at Monsters of Rock in Bietigheim-Bissingen 18.06.2016 (seems to have Ritchie Blackmore, at least I think that is him) [view link] [view link] Thin Lizzy Live, 1978' [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    [view link] [view link] so I think I just use the "src" parameters, same as in the HTML tag humm, I need to try this to know, as this stuff and the documentation are complex. [view link] SJG Pigers [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Need to bring out JavaScript 'switch' to more fully decode the keyboard [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    in JavaScript: console.log console.warn console.error SJG [view link] harnesses becoming more common, this one also has garter straps on it [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    console.log [view link] [view link] I read this stuff and I still have only a limited understanding. This stuff has to just be tried out, and then one will learn more holistically SJG [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Because HTML, CSS, and JavaScript are not checked by the browser, it can make it very hard to find errors and very hard to sift through what the browser is doing because it thinks it can infer what you meant. Were it up to me it would not have been done this way. Making progress though. So much stuff, more than can every fit in a few paper books. All the "elements" and their "properties", which really means class instantiations and their methods. But there are so so many, and you really need to know the whole story to be effective. And then since JavaScript is interpreted, anything computationally intensive has to be written in low level compiled language and made into a plug in. This is complex, but it is worth mastering and staying current. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion