tuscl

Off topic Was someone at abc shorting the market or seeking revenge against tru

Saturday, December 2, 2017 9:27 AM
ABC issued false news on Friday tanking the Dow 350 points before stocks recovered and people found out the news reported was false. Trump or higher ups ordered talks with Ruseians to discuss ISIS after being elected. ABC reported it as otherwise and the markets dropped like a rock on the fake news. Crime? Lots of people could have lost money or made money in minutes. I think Bitcoin may have gone up 10% but wasn't watching it. Seems like if should be a crime to report fake news that affects the stock market and people's savings or investments like that.

6 comments

• Dougster
    7 years ago
    Of course manipulating the market with fake news is illegal but there is a burden of proof.
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    I will plan ahead next time with buy orders at key levels. I saw one ETF drop 10% in minutes then recover 7% before the day was over and the news that key information was left out was slow to be reported. I guess we should expect a lot more fake news since profit is easy to do with some inaccurate reporting that isn't instantly corrected. A little piece of fake news could tank any stock, etf or even Bitcoin 50% in a day and then watch it recover. I suppose if no one at ABC profited, they will just laugh it off, can't prove anything.
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    I consider fake news a lot more likely or inaccurate reporting since not only is there a profit motive, but a revenge motive against Trump by tanking the market with fake news since Trump uses the market as a measure of success. They should wait until next year in my opinion when people will stop waiting to sell stocks with cheaper tax rates. Tanking the market can hurt millions of investors as well. If they had waited 10 minutes I would have sold a stock that was up yesterday. Crossing my fingers, I stayed in it. Was still up by end of day but not as much.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    I agree it's a good idea to always have limit orders in a ridiculously low prices that you would buy at and ridiculously high prices you would sell at. There's no cost if they don't triggers, and every couple of years or so some freak event will happen what will cause them to trigger (e.g. when Ethereum briefly dropped to $0.10 this year).
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Conspiracy theories are getting more and more ridiculous with every new one that comes out.
  • etsutwigg222
    7 years ago
    Not a conspiracy, just dipstick reporting stuff without detailed confirmations. No penalty to them for inaccurate reports, so they will continue!!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion