tuscl

Getting To Know Non-Dancing Staff At The SC

Yes, I know we're all there to see the dancers and get to know them as intimately as possible. However, I think the experience can be helped by getting to know the bouncers, waitstaff (if your establishment serves booze), and floor managers. At two clubs I frequent (one serves alcohol the other BYOB), many of the staff know me by name (or at least by face). If I'm waiting for a certain dancer, I'll chat with the bouncers or floor manager. In the case of the BYOB joint, the floor managers are mostly all former dancers themselves and remember me from when they danced. At the beer joint, the female waitstaff will also greet me with hugs and will offer to see if a certain dancer is in the dressing room and will get them sometimes for me (I make it a point to tip her as well when she does get the dancer). The bouncers know that I'm not a problem and if something was to happen (I've never been confronted by another customer or dancer but you never know in this day and age) I know they have my back.

What are your thoughts on getting familiar with all the other staff at your local SC?

15 comments

• clubdude
    7 years ago
    It's a good ideal. I've received more than my share of free drinks (from the bartender) at a few clubs. Also, the dancers see you as more approachable (or big spender...little do they know), when the manager shakes your hand as you enter.
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    In my experience it depends entirely on the club. In some clubs it can help smooth things along while in others it is more of a hindrance than a help. My two local haunts are cases in point.

In one, it hurts me because they don't want their dancers leaving early and I've developed a bit of a rep for sitting with dancers who suddenly develop serious illnesses and need to leave. The managers are great to my face and even chat for a while with me when it is slow, but behind closed doors, when a girl who I like is trying to get out of the club, I'm sure that being on their radar is working against me. Shit like this is why I've always said that I don't want the managers to know shit about me if I can avoid it, especially in nicer clubs.

Now in a divier club down the street, having the manager's Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval has definitely greased the skids with newer girls who don't know me yet. In that club, it has been well worth the time and effort to get to know the manager and staff, even if getting to know them includes paying some early departure fees for the girls involved (nothing too outrageous).

I could recount a number of other examples in different clubs over the years, but I think the point is clear. It depends entirely on the club and the people involved. My default setting is to stay under the radar until I can get a handle on the vibe and the people and that has worked well for me over the years. If I sense a benefit from getting to know the staff, it is never too late to shake a few hands and chat a bit.

The one exception is bartenders. I always play nice with the bartenders and that almost always has benefits, especially since I usually sit at the bar.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    The staff at a few clubs know me as a semi-regular, and as a result I occasionally get some small benefit out of it. But for the most part I don't socialize with the staff. I'm there for nude women, not to grease bouncers. I tip well for good service but that's it.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    I wish more of the staff at the clubs i go to were hot ex-dancers. However, one club did have seem to have a lot of female floor hosts/managers and they just seemed cold and not all that flirty (didn't seem to be former dancers) although they looked good enough...
  • BruiserKC
    7 years ago
    @vincemichels...Relax, moniker is after my favorite pro wrestler Dick The Bruiser. Thanks for your service.

@rickdugan...that makes sense. I just do small talk with the ladies and staff. They don’t need to know everything about me as I am not their friend nor do I intend to be. It’s strictly a business transaction between customer and dancer and that’s it. So I tell them enough to have interesting conversation but nothing else.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I'm on a first name basis with 1 manager and a couple of bouncers at Follies. It has it's perks and I feel like they will have my back if needed.
  • wildbourbon
    7 years ago
    I also find it generally advantageous to be friendly with the staff...and it doesn't take much money. At one club I used to go to a lot, I tipped the doorman maybe $7 over the course of 3 visits. He ended up giving me $100 worth of free entry cards, which was great at this club because they don't give free coupons online and each card is numbered and signed by the manager.

At another one of my favorite clubs a sirloin dinner is $8.50 and a beer is $2.50. I give the waitress $15 and tell her to keep the change (which really isn't that great of a tip) and she always brings me a bacon-wrapped filet instead of the sirloin. I end up getting much better meat and it's cheaper, with a tip, than ordering the filet off the menu.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    i don't make any effort to socialize or get to know the staff, but i'm not saying it isn't advantageous. i wouldn't really know.

i know this thread is about the NON-dancing staff, but i still feel like this is relevant to this thread in a way

one time i went to visit my CF at her club, and for the first 10 minutes or so i didn't see her anywhere, eventually she came from the back and made her way over to me. long story short, my CF mentioned to me that one of her dancer friends had noticed i arrived and told my CF that i was in the building.

i was surprised by this. i didn't know i was somewhat known at this club--because i only get to this club once every 3 months or so. but i guess people are more observant than i thought. *shrugs shoulders*
  • eyeofodin
    7 years ago
    " I know they have my back. " --- think again, I spent eight years working in bars, nightclubs, dance clubs(discos) and even a short stint in a SC during undergrad and grad years. Sat door, worked the floor, bar tended and spent five years as a floor manager or GM of multiple clubs The staff does not have your back. For the most part, consider a smile from the staff getting "grin fucked" - there are exceptions but that is rare and reserved for those they drink with outside the home club,
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I would imagine it only helps to be friendly with the staff and those that do it seem to get benefits from it.

It's not my nature to chum it up and I usually keep to myself in public unless someone initiates the exchange
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    The waitresses and bar tenders can be fun. Sometimes easier to engage with than dancers.

SJG
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    @GoVikings "i was surprised by this. i didn't know i was somewhat known at this club--because i only get to this club once every 3 months or so"

The girls keep a bulletin board in the back where they pin up pictures of PLs with the stripper's names written on them so they can keep track of who each guy "belongs" to. ;-)
  • Roadworrier
    7 years ago
    Joc13 yep, I could stay away from the club for a few months and the bartender would remember me and know my drink, and gals would remember me. So I believe it does happen courtesy of the bar and VIP cams. Big brother is watching you. Another topic above was that sometimes the staff (waitresses, floor managers) who are women tend to be a little more standoffish. A dancer I know has evolved into the “house mom” on certain nights which means she has responsibilities to keep the gals on the straight and narrow......so their job is something different than entertaining whatever is in your pants. I know it impacts her perspective.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    joc13 haha lololol :-)
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Back at one of my former favorite club, I knew two of the waitresses, they were 2 of the best waitresses I've ever seen in all the years of restaurant work that I did. It had benefits, they always took care of me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion