Which blockchain company to seek out?

Mate27
TUSCL’s #1 Soothsayer!
I know way more about investing than any normal person needs to know, yet I still prefer to approach it from a behavioral aspect due to the specifics bore the crap out of me. Knowing that blockchain is going to revolutionize how we transact in the future, how does one decide which company to purchase shares of?

Read an article in today's news that hinted toward ConSenSys and a couple others, but still doubt from those options that I can do better than throwing a dart at the board for my selection process.

First of all, do you believe as I that blockchain is the next technological breakthrough? If so, any insights on how to select a company(s)? I doubt there is an etf, but that wouldn't surprise me either.

23 comments

• inmonger
    7 years ago
    I am retired ad spend a lot of my time reading about investment opportunities. Believe it or not, Overstock is a company that is spending a great deal of time and money on block chain technology. By the way, it was up around 20% today even though it was a "down" day.
  • inmonger
    7 years ago
    As to your question about an ETF, I do not think one presently exists yet.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Shares of companies? Hmmm, that's a big of a different way to do it. Why not buy a few of the coins your analysis tells you is best?
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    I think the technology will be more valuable than the product it supports. Without the security, there is no product.

My analysis is more behavioral than analytical. Crackpot psychosis? This avenue seems more common sense to me of an approach than analytics, hence the macro movement. Plus big banks and a host of other businesses will have to embrace it, much like the internet.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    I found this to be a RIOT, considering g what happened last week with my $3,500 investment I placed a few weeks ago, shortly after posting this.

Call me lucky, call me good, but don't ever call me late to the dinner table cashing in on this winner! Although I will probably get back in it again eventually.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Lego
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @meat72: well don't be shy, modest. Tells us the details of what happened.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    I'm looking forward to the day when I can pay for sex with smart contracts.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    ...gimme that blow-job you promised, or you don't get paid.

My 19-yr-old "date" last night said that the smartest guys she knows want to work on blockchain applications.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Random: "My 19-yr-old 'date' last night said that the smartest guys she knows want to work on blockchain applications."

But haven't they heard really smart guys on TUSCL like skibum609, Lone_Sheep, and mark94 says it's all a bubble. (Well mark94 will you it's a bubble in one post and then in the next say it might go up or down or stay the same with equal probability.)
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Dougster, check ticket RIOT as I obscurely alluded to. I got out when my $3500 investment hit above $5100 Friday. Looks like I made the right call after the opening today and saw it has dropped.

Keeping this in my arsenal to get back in for a longer term play, but when something pops drastically as 50% in one week, it's a sign to take chips off the table. Another one to seek out is SQ but there is a company that is entirely putting capital towards a group of block chain companies. That may be worthwhile to diversify a little into this field.

Just read an article that Overstock.com is putting ventures towards blockchain so customers can pay with bitcoin.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    ^^^ Unfortunately my predictions are just as awful as the above.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @Random: yeah, but it's one thing to just be wrong and another to be wrong and belligerently arrogant and just dig in deeper and deeper as the evidence mounts.

@meat72: Wow! Nice chart!

• Mate27
    7 years ago
    Thinking of getting back in via DCA. Hell its only a handful of dollars per trade. Ride it!
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Inmonger, I saw the investment fromOverstock.com into blockchain. Impressive. Corporate America is getting on board despite what Jamie "Fag" Dimon wants to believe.

Also, new start up "360 Blockchain" has promise from a true ground floor opportunity. Keep in mind there will be dozens of sketchy start ups in this space, so choose carefully. An etf of block chains is coming soon, but I think I will try my luck with RIOT and "360 Blockchain" for starters. I missed the boat, possibly, on buying the crypto itself.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    RIOT starts out with a big move this morning. Others I'm following closely.

In the organization I'm building, wealth will be created by using hard earned income and investing wisely. Then stripper grade pussy will be draining us dry daily. The Women will be compensated nicely, and will benefit widely from riding the coattails of wealthy good looking studs like us. Only two requirements to join, you have to be handsome and rich.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    ^^^ LOL! How to sign up for your organization?

• Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    Meat that sounds like a sustainable plan for perpetual pussy. Why diddnt anyone think of this before? Sounds like you should patent this as "The Meat72 System". Those few words changed my life. You are like some kind of mongering Tony Robbins lol

FYI - I heard the US Federal Reserve is considering creating its own digital currency. They are being pragmatic since they have no control so "If you cant beat'em, join 'em".
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    That's right Uprightcitizen! Sustainability is the name of the game!

Dougster, by invitation only. Lol!!

By the way, another extremely large move up today. 100% move in two trading days!
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Cough!

Past $40. Up 5 times since I called it at $8.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Nice job, @Meat72! Congratulations on the big gains!
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    RIOT’s CEO just sold over $800k of his stock, after only 4 months of service.

Either a buying opportunity or a sign of done and ditch. He’s brought a lot of capital with Walk Street connections. Tread cautiously. I’m not adding, but have made solid gains.

360 Blockchain has promise. BKLLF
  • ime
    7 years ago
    I'm in XLM and XRP now and it is beautiful, my initial $1500 has almost doubled in less than a week.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion