tuscl

After hours alcohol

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I am never in a club late at night to know the answer. Do clubs have to stop serving alcohol at a certain time or can they go as late as the club stays open? If the local law forbids the sale of alcohol after 2AM do the clubs stay open and serve non alcohol drinks? I know the answer in Vegas. :)

14 comments

• Jascoi
    7 years ago
    in tj if the doors are open the booze flows.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    They have last call for alcohol like other bars do around here. Same time.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    In my experience - the clubs in NJ - close at 2:30 - and stop selling booze at that time. I’m not sure what the rules are for nude - non alcohol - clubs.
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    In North Carolina they cannot sell after 2 am and all of it must be consumed by 230. Clubs are cautious about liquor violations, I find the staff will be grabby about picking up unfinished drinks around 215.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Here in Michigan, they stop serving alcohol at 2am. It isn't worth flouting the state Liquor Commission.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    In Miami clubs close late (5:00 a.m. and some 6 a.m.) and they can sell liquor till that time - and even though they can be open very-late they are still not allowed to remain open past a certain time (except some clubs (nightclubs, strip clubs) in Downtown which can remain open 24-hours).

Dallas has a 2 a.m. liquor cut-off where alcohol cannot be sold nor consumed after 2 a.m. - the BYOB clubs stay open past 2 a.m. but force you to toss your liquor after 2 a.m. or take it to your car - some clubs that sell alcohol stay open past 2 a.m. but no alcohol is sold nor consumed.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Traveling all over it varies from state to state, and in some cases county to county. A safe bet is in most areas most clubs have to be closed by 2AM (in some cases 3AM) and "last call" is usually around 1:30AM. In my experience "last call" is more of a guideline than a rule.

• BigPapaSmurf
    7 years ago
    My current fave club (Delilah's in Philly) happens to have an after hours club right next door and many of the dancers and patrons go there after the SC closes at 2AM. I've noticed that it can be very hard to recognize the girls once they've changed back into street clothes though. And it seems like unless they know you as a regular they will be very standoffish once the party moves to the after hours bar. I would imagine the ones that are down for OTC go home with someone when the SC closes and the only ones who go next door are the ones who don't do that kind of thing. It's a weird scene. A friend of mine took home a dancer from there and ended up dating her for a year or so though
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    At the Honolulu clubs I would go to, there were two levels of liquor license. One ended sales at 2am and the other at 4am. The clubs I went to closed for the night when it was time to stop serving.

I have been to a lot of clubs that stay open as long as there is a critical mass of spending customers, though, switching to non-alcoholic drinks. I have heard rumors of one staying open serving alcoholic drinks anyway.

In Phoenix around 2001 or so, there was a law forbidding nudity after midnight, so the nude club I went to would turn into a pasties/bikini club for another couple of hours. There was no announcement of last call to see vulva or anything, though. It just seamlessly switched as though it had been that way the whole time.
  • anonlvone
    7 years ago
    It varies. Here the law says 2 am so during the weekdays a lot of clubs close promptly at 2. On the weekends they might stay open 1 or 2 hours after last call. Clubs that are BYOB routinely stay open until 5 am. This all seems very strange to me after living in Vegas.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Per everyone else: after-hours clubs in every jurisdiction I've ever been in, still have to stop serving alcohol at the mandated time, but can remain open after that.

Not surprised a few jurisdictions have other rules, like the dual-license scheme ppwh cited
  • anonlvone
    7 years ago
    Clarification: BYOB clubs won't allow alcohol on the floor after 2 am but will remain open until 5 am.
  • rentz2
    7 years ago
    Depends on the state and county.
  • anonlvone
    7 years ago
    could have sworn I said "It varies. Here the law says..."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion