tuscl

Lots of bad things happen at 2AM.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- A patron at the Wild Zebra strip club reported being robbed at gunpoint outside the Allens Avenue establishment early Friday.

Carl Matthew, 65, told authorities that he paid for a drink around 2:15 a.m. and told dancers he was headed to Club Desire. Two men rushed him as he got into his car on Poe Street. One pressed a silver handgun into his body and warned “don’t move or I’ll pop your top” and then checked his pockets, Commander Thomas Verdi said.

Matthews handed over about $1,300 in hundreds and twenties. The two suspects fled in a dark colored sedan, possibly a Buick, toward Eddy Street, Verdi said.

11 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    Yeah... I'm not surprised.
  • pensionking
    7 years ago
    Carl needs to:

1. Start hitting the early bird specials
    2. Carry WAY less cash
  • Eve
    7 years ago
    Life pro tip: Carry two wallets, your usual one with the most cash and then one with only as much as you're planning on spending wherever you go - Be it $5 or $100. Leave your main one in the car. That way if you do get robbed or mugged and you give them the secondary wallet, they only made off with a pinch of however much cash you're actually carrying.

Second life pro tip: Don't carry that much cash on you.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Life pro tip: listen to Eve!
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Lucky crooks! Seems somewhat stupid, at least to me, to rob a guy LEAVING a club!
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    He should have used the "Your shoes are untied" or "Hey, look over there" diversion and then open a full can of drunken monkey kung-fu whoop ass.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    At least ask them to pop a couple of rounds into the ground to prove they had a real loaded gun before handing over the cash.

:)
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    WZ is in an industrial area and is not nice. Their parking lot is dark. The entrance is on the side of the building out of sight of the lot. You would never see anyone approaching.
    They need to light and attend or camera the parking lot. Never mind tipping a parking attendant who sits in his shack and watches the cars, I do not like valet. The last time I was at The Caddy they still had a lot attendant.
    Letting your customers get mugged is really bad for business.
    Even in the lot at Henry 8 in Inkster MI is way more secure because the doorman has cameras on the lot and I have heard from more then one source that if you fuck with their customers it is a ticket to the hospital if the bouncers catch you or find out who you are. WZ is not a well run operation.
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    Sorry I meant to say: I never mind tipping a parking attendant who watches the cars I just do not like valet parking.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Don’t move or I’ll pop your top? That sounds like what a cartoon character might say! No threats of popping a cap in his ass?
  • whodey
    7 years ago
    Did Carl's wife put a couple of their friends up to this to stop his late night fun? Two men using threatening language that belongs in a 40 year old movie and driving a Buick as a get away car? That just screams 65 year old white men pulling a prank.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion