tuscl

Making it rain on the bartenders, instagram popularity, nyc stripper strike

chessmaster
Illinois
Wednesday, October 25, 2017 7:26 AM
Following this thread on sw about the strip clubs and instagram and it was very enlightening. [view link] Long story short, at the "urban" clubs in nyc only the bartenders and strippers with instagram followings are getting rained on. Thats right, all those "strippers" on instagram twerking are mostly bartenders! I thought this quote was really telling. (From sw) "Those bartenders are often making 2g a night twerking, serving hennesy, and posting pics on IG." Damn. Supposedly the bartenders all have augmentation(fake asses and fake tits, possibly more) and they dress like strippers and twerk and get "rained on" like strippers. Also they appear to have higher "standards" for the bartenders(isn't that always the case?) So the strippers are not getting their fair share. This has led to a "stripper strike" i guess until the clubs no longer allow the bartenders to twerk and dress like strippers(of course they dont take anything off though since they are only bartenders). Or until they make all strippers bartenders and no longer differentiate between the two(not sure if bartenders also pay house fee/tip outs or not). [view link] [view link] Thoughts? Im am very "anti rain" but making it rain on bartenders seems like an even worse idea.

18 comments

• Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    It sounds really odd. I’m not a fan of making it rain. It seems like a very easy way to waste lots of money - and get little in return - and to act like a baller (which I’m not). Since the bartenders are already making good money - then they don’t need my money - so it’s all good. In NYC it’s far too expensive to club - so this is just another reason for me to stay away from the city.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    To follow up - how can the bartenders get me a beer when they are twerking?
  • shanny72
    7 years ago
    One of the clubs I follow in IG calls the bartenders "STARTENDERS" and arguably bring in more custies than the dancers do. They are pretty much all surgically enhanced with tits and ass, but most have pretty faces as well. They also buy new matching outfits for every shift. And tip out. However, I don't think I would ever go to that club myself. I like the dancers to give me attention for my dollars vs me giving some IG babe my money for a shaking fake ass.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Several months ago the most popular bar tender that Follies has ever had, got up on top of the bar and did an impromptu fully clothed dance. The customers made it rain on her. I even threw in some money. She made several hundred dollars. Later she told me that she felt so bad for the actual dancer on stage at the time, that she gave her $40.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I really don't get the fascination with following instagram models.
  • lick-that
    7 years ago
    Oh Jeezus, don't get me started on IG. You see these IG hoes with K's followers, its soooo Sad and Lame to read their DM's if you know any of them well. Scroll after scroll of these "men" with no shame, no game, no pride, all leaving the exact same messages trying to holla, it's embarrassing really. At least the girls are selling something, otherwise why would anyone put themselves out there on Social media is beyond me. It does explain why their heads are all f@#ked up though. Inflated and fragile sense of self worth, thinking every man is dying to be with them. That's all they're bombarded with all day on IG.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Well, in some clubs female bartenders and waitresses can do everything dancers can, ITC and OTC. I've gotten along very well with some female bartenders. :) SJG Yardbirds [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    We really have lost so many of our regular posters. The new people are not aware of all the intense conversations which have taken place in recent years. SJG
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Fuck you
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    Well, the Internet is changing everything, so why not strip clubs and sex work? I guess there's a market for what the sexy bartenders are selling. So ... It's not too much different than how civil women complain about dancers competing with wives, over the price of pussy. Right? I think the dancers suggesting adjusting their business model by moving to mixed clubs from urban clubs is a good idea. Ultimately I doubt the bartender cabaret/burlesque shows will compete with HM/VHM, extras, or OTC/p4p. So there's that. It's capitalism. Compete. Find a niche. Compete.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I guess that may be a thing in certain NYC clubs - but I also put in on the SW-thread OP - i.e. yeah, IME w/ urban-clubs is that it's often more of a social-thing vs a monger-thing and these clubs are often treated as nightclubs to hang-out/party at vs getting your grind-and-grope on - so it's more of a party-vibe where a big part of it is the rain-making shit and that is often the only $$$ being spent, i.e. it's about the rain-making vs getting-dances. So the SW OP either needs to improve her hustle (since a lot of what I read from her came-off as whining and blaming everyone else like many a frustrated dancer who's game does not make them $$$) - or she needs to find a club more suited to her hustle. If it's a rain-making club and the hottest bitches are the bartenders and they are dressed to kill, then it's obvious they are the ones that are gonna get rained-on.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    "I think the dancers suggesting adjusting their business model by moving to mixed clubs from urban clubs is a good idea. Ultimately I doubt the bartender cabaret/burlesque shows will compete with HM/VHM, extras, or OTC/p4p. So there's that." The low mileage black and latina strippers that are used to getting rained on may or may not be welcome at the mixed clubs. A lot of white guys dont like the "urban" stripper look(big fake asses). Their main clientele is going to be the make it rain crowd, as papi chulo mentioned. I do agree that as an alternative they could go to hm lapdance or even extras clubs. That or they should find another line of work. But thats not for me to decide. Just what i would like to see happen. "If it's a rain-making club and the hottest bitches are the bartenders and they are dressed to kill, then it's obvious they are the ones that are gonna get rained-on." Lol. I think thats their beef. The bartenders are dressed like strippers and twerking(how they are also simultaneously serving drinks to cashmans point, i have no clue) yet i dont think they are paying house fees/tipouts.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    "... The bartenders are dressed like strippers and twerking(how they are also simultaneously serving drinks to cashmans point, i have no clue) yet i dont think they are paying house fees/tipouts ..." Rain-making is basically tipping - i.e. a bar-tender does not need to have to pay a house-fee in order to get a tip - these rain-making "strip clubs" are basically pseudo strip-clubs/nightclubs thus the dancers are gonna get pseudo results - mongers/PLs are the ones that spend heavily on strippers and most mongers do not make-it-rain.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Behind the bar there is usually some sort of a grating to walk on, and usually it is wet. So you don't want money going on the floor back there. Where would be the best place to literally make it rain on the bartender? SJG
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    It confuses me too. I have no idea how or where they are making it rain on bartenders. Apparently the setup in the clubs is such that the stage is behind the bar so even if you wanted to rain on a stripper you would have to throw it past the bar anyway. Makes no sense.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    A lot of clubs up north seem to have that setup where the stage is inside the bar (it may even be an ordinance thing?), thus the bartenders are actually closer to the custies than the dancers on stage
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    That’s true Papi. I’m not sure why the clubs are setup that way. It’s possible that they tried to make the most of a small space - and squeezed the bar and stage into a single area. It could also be local ordinances.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Sunnyvale HipHugger had the stage behind the bar. An old fashioned playing it safe idea. If you could get the bartender up on to the bar, lying down, that would be great. You could let it dribble down on her. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion