Fucking on Young N Dumb Chicken Heads
Damn near $5,000

21 comments

• FTS
    7 years ago
    :-)
  • etsutwigg222
    7 years ago
    Yep. Close to time to get out, take the profit, and hit the club.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    But skibum609 said it's all a bubble! (Good thing we know better than to listen to that idiot.)
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Lol!

That skibum sure talks tough. But he's almost always wrong. And sure is dumb!
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Lol!
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    I might actually sell my coins at this point I had a few grand invested back when it was a little under a grand

All because of illegal online poker in a free Country LMFAO
  • FTS
    7 years ago
    Why sell now. The way people talk about Bitcoin, it may go way higher. Do your research first, be smart.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    If you sell now, use your profits to get back in at a lower price
    Point, if it can even get lower. Trumps administration is supporting blockchain technology, security behind the crypto.

Recent developments have me changing my mind, although we are in the early stages, which often creates volatility. When you have legitimate Wall Street analysts believing in the crypto markets and government support for the technology, and everyone anti-central banking these days, that seems to me like a positive sign for the long term.

I like to say discussions on tuscl helped me process through why this can be a legitimate currency, even if it's an underdog due to its political risk.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Funny people are thinking of selling. It didn't just break through $5000: it smashed it. Very bad time to sell, IMO. Just #HODL in there. I don't think we'll see $10,000 since only 2.5 months left in the year, but what strength would you want it to demonstrate that it hasn't?

Funny that little faggot who is always wrong, skibum609, doesn't have much to say here.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Juice, are you implying you won bitcoins from a poker game? If so that would be some really illiegak shit, but I can believe it.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Wonder why Jamie Dimon says he will no longer talk about Bitcoin? Could it be he doesnt want to give out any more free advertising. My interests definitely piqued after he called it a "fraud" last month. Wall Street got a little anti-Dimon on his ass.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Yes I use bitcoin to play poker online and yes I'm building a nice stack on top of the natural growth bitcoin is doing itself

Alright guys I will hold
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    Juice you're doing really good with bit coin.
    Wish I was doing that good with my stock choices.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Lol...I took a gamble and it's paying off
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Lol!

• Digitech
    7 years ago
    Every few years/months I think to myself that it's too late to get on the bitcoin train. I mean I knew about way, way back but didn't act. Oh well. I think I seriously could be a multimillionaire if I had jumped on it back then.
  • FTS
    7 years ago
    I recently saw some graphs made by some very smart people trying to come up with a quantitative measure of the decentralization of the Bitcoin community. They used the gini coefficient at first, and then came up with a "satoshi coefficient." But anyway, the point is that one of the graphs showed the cumulative distribution of Bitcoin ownership among the wallet holders. In order to not have a crazy gini coefficient of 0.99 (in which basically 0.1% hold all the coins, really a steep curve), they limited the analysis to those Bitcoin wallets that had Bitcoin balances of... get this... greater than 135. Not 135 mBTC (milli Bitcoins), 135 whole coins. The gini coefficient was still something like 0.8.
  • FTS
    7 years ago
    Point is, there are thousands of nerds who bought hundreds of coins back when this thing was trading for less than $10. Hell there's a lot of people who bought tens of thousands when it was <$1.

I even talked to my brother, a computer software engineer, about this thing I had never heard of called Bitcoin back in mid 2016, when it was ~$500. I could have multiplied by 10X!
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    There are so many studies that have shown people are much better in investing performance when they aren't using there own money. Maybe even using somebody else's money because it is such an emotional attachment. One of the reasons why money managers typically underperform markets is they are constantly appeasing to other people's emotions and afraid of falling out of favor with them as a manager, so they are too conservative when the tide rises, and miss the bounce when the markets fall.

I was going to buy a few thousand for fun several times in the last year, but my own bias kept me away from bitcoin and still has. I may have missed this boat, but there are booms and bubbles everywhere. I haven't missed out on too much, win some and lose some. Kept some cash on the sidelines when markets dip, and buy when it does. Buying thousands of $$ into technology security like CERN and TCCO for long term plays the past two or three years has given me super strong returns along with emerging markets, small and mid caps.

My biggest bet to date has been staying out of VIP, so i can continue to invest 35% of my income into markets instead of the g-strings. That's anti-stripper shit right there.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Those of you worry that you missed the boat if you aren't in now: I think very little chance of that. Is it guaranteed to never dip below your purchase price? Maybe by even 20-30%? No way! It's very volatile as far as investments go. So either just purchase and don't look at the price or be prepared for the swings. If you can't handle them or are going to lose your confidence in the underlying thesis if it drop 30% then best just to stay away.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    I think the main people who got in early on Bitcoin were more people buying illegal drugs online or gambling. Then they look a few years later and realize they have a bunch they not around to spending... Then, of course, a few true true Libertarian/Anarchists who believe in it all along. \And a few generic tech nerds.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion