tuscl

My Bloody Valentine?

chandler
Blue Ridge Foothills
Do you ever fight with your favorite dancers or is it lovey dovey all the time? What's the closest you've ever come to a fight?

6 comments

• DandyDan
    18 years ago
    I don't know if I call it angry, but one of my favorites gets all pouty if I was spending too much time with one of the other ladies. I think it might have something to do with stupid clique wars in the club.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    I don't remember ever fighting but remember one favorite got so pissed she quit working the club for 2 or 3 months because she knew I was a regular there I suspect. Then she returned and was happy to see me again.

I remember another dancer seemed to be a bit pissed off about me spending too much time with another dancer. She seemed better after I told her I wasn't sleeping with the other dancer. I don't even know why she was so upset. drama queen I believe. I thought it was funny that I spend one hour talking to a dancer and then get accused of sleeping with her. Lol, maybe I should some time and then if I ever see the other dancer again, I can tell her remember when you said...
  • Clubber
    18 years ago
    I really wouldn't call it a fight, but after a numebr of years as my ATF, our circumstances changed. It was difficult to see her and I decided it was better to break it off with her. I quickly realized my mistake, but she would not even return my phone calls.
  • shadowcat
    18 years ago
    Yes. I did once. With my first ATF. It was very brief and very intense. I went into my favorite club knowing that my ATF would be there. We had talked on the phone. She was sitting with a customer. Not unusual. You wait. And when he splits, she joins you. I did notice that the customer was wearing a flower lei.He left. She came over, wearing the lei. She tried to slip it over my head. "Hey" I said, "what is this"? She replied "It's a lei and I bought it for you." "bull shit" I said, "if you bought it for me why was that other customer wearing it?" I suspect that the other customer bought it for her. I was pissed and headed for the front door. She followed me and asked "Don't you want your lei?" Hell NO and I left the club. A week later I got a 7 page letter of apology along with 3 I'm sorry cards. Making up is always fun...
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    A long long time ago when I was a stupid newbie I had an argument with my then ATF because she was ignoring me one night for a big spender. We got over it and I learned the first of many lessons about what motivates dancers. I've never had an argument with a favorite dancer since. I have exchanged words with a few women who wouldn't accept no for an answer.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I was expecting somebody to reply that no, they never fight with dancers, that's what you have a wife for.

I'll often exchange good natured ridicule with faves. I guess it's my way of showing affection. I feel more comfortable with somebody once we've gotten beyond worrying about offending each other. Of course that's not really fighting.

With an SO, our relationship feels temporary to me until it's been tested by a fight. I wonder whether it could fizzle out at any time over a minor spat, or whether we'd both care enough to spill some blood (so to speak) and still stay together. It feels more solid after we've fought though whatever bugs us and made up.

The one big fight I remember with a dancer came when I thought we had something more going on, but it turned out she wasn't so sure. She had broken up with an abusive boyfriend but kept letting him back in. I told her that was stupid, she told me she'd do what she pleased, and then the naked insults flew both ways. We made up after a while, but it was sort of superficial, so it didn't strenghen our bond or anything. I just learned not to think about getting seriously involved with her anymore. Such a schizo, but a hot schizo.

With dancers, usually neither side cares enough to put their guts on the line. If a fight were to start, the other side could just walk away too easily. So, at the most, you get little mock fights, where the customer sulks over not getting all her attention, and the dancer acts sorry and then they make up and carry on as though nothing ever happened. Other than that, it is lovey dovey all the time. A sweet thing, as long as you don't start believing there's anything real about it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion