tuscl

Cleveland Sports

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Can we all agree Cleveland is currently the epicenter of the sports world right now?

The Indians are on a magical streak looking to dominate the World Series this year.

The Cavs have retooled to fight the Warriors, and still probably not enough to get over the hump, it's going to be intriguing, and after all can anyone tool a team that can beat the Warriors?

Heck, even the Browns only lost by a field goal on opening week to the time likely to win the AFC North.

Too bad Ohio State lost last weekend and Cinci lost last night or we could have said "Ohio" instead of "Cleveland."

15 comments

• samsung1
    7 years ago
    Too bad the cleveland strip clubs suck
  • Longball300
    7 years ago
    Hopefully I will attend a WS parade this time around. It has been a great ride. Yes, the strip clubs suck; and not in a good way.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Rachel Phelps isn't going to be happy. :)
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    No, not by a long shot......and this is from someone who regularly attends Cavs and Indians games.

I've been commenting for the better part of five years Cleveland is on the rise as a city in many ways but the epic center? Hardly.

On a different note I've had pretty good times in the Cleveland clubs. Never been to places like Detroit which from the comments on here seems to be the end all to what clubs should be about.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Fuck baseball. Cleveland is reknown for it's river that catches on fire. :)
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    You can now fish in that river and the fish even have the correct number of eyes and heads.
    Yes the Indians are on a tear. I would not give shit about the rest. There are really no clubs in Cleveland area that are good by this site's standards.
  • dallas702
    7 years ago
    I am pretty sure someone else said that Manchester was the epicenter of the sports world. But I could be mistaken. There are crowds of very large people who insist that New Zealand is in fact the actual center global of sports domination - and they can back it up with real Maori warrior dances.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    The city they called the mistake by the lake is now the sports world epicenter?

What are you going to tell me next? That reality tv star Donald Trump is president?

That's crazy talk Marty. We need to send you back to the future. Let's get those 1.21 gigawatts into that Delorean so you can go back.

• shailynn
    7 years ago
    Well I was referring to American sports only...

When you have at least 2 professional teams play in their respective championships I'd say that's pretty rare. Only city I can recall doing that in recent memory is Boston.

Cleveland always gets shit on so I like to see something positive going on there for once.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    Since 2001: Celtics 1 world championship; Bruins 1 Stanley Cup; Red Sox 3 world series wins; Patriots 5 super bowl wins. Cleveland has one championship team so while I am thrilled for the Indians and Francona they have won exactly nothing. They do remind me of the Seattle Mariners team that won 120 games and lost in the first round of t he playoffs.
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    2009-Pittsburgh ( look it up)

As I mentioned above Cleveland is on the rise but a few things which have made me pause ....I paid $ 20 bucks to see the Indians play a Division leading team just a few weeks ago and I sat four rows behind first base......like what the hell. A team in the WS playing a division leading team and I can cop seats for $20 each four rows back of the infield.....not exactly what I would call support from the fans.

In a couple of the WS games in Cleveland last year there were as many if not more Cub fans in attendance.....again hello.....support.

Get a hockey team............no....... the monsters do not count.

Let OSU play the Browns and the winner gets to claim Cleveland........Cleveland has always been a football town.......and whatever you want to call what the Browns have been doing the past few years it isn't playing competitive football.
  • clubdude
    7 years ago
    As long as the Browns remain in Cleveland, the epicenter title cannot go to them.
  • motownkid
    7 years ago
    Cleveland - epicenter? Drinking some mistake by the lake cool aid. Dude - if you get sent to the Browns - you trying to figure out what you did wrong in your life to end up there. If you get sent to the whining Cavs and Lebron it is like a daytime soap opera and equivalent to purgatory. Respect only for the Indians - but again knocking at the door but not quite there. I am a die hard Yankees fan but as of late - as much as I hate to say it - I have to agree with Boston carrying the torch... for now...
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    Detroit since 01 - 2 Stanley Cups, 1 nba championship, 2 wnba championships (who cares right) several visits to the finals, several world series trips. I get that they're not doing shit now, but a championship season before last and world series trip isn't doing quite enough.

Boston has been good, but I don't know if there really is a clear "epicenter" at this point.
  • whodey
    7 years ago
    Come on Shailynn, Cleveland is not even the epicenter of sports in Ohio. That would be Cincinnati by a long shot.

Just to be clear, the epicenter is where every team tries to lose every game right?? LOL

At least looking at Cleveland's recent successes compared to decades of being loosers gives me some hope that Cincinnati can turn it around.

After all our city's motto is "We're in a rebuilding season, just wait until next season."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion