tuscl

Gender reversed analog of PL/stripper relationship

This is inspired by the most recent "PL in love" thread by the new guy. The PL/stripper relationship is doomed from the beginning because they met in a strip club, which is where she works. The relaship cannot become a traditional romantic relationship because it began as a job. As labor. As a thing she does for money.

(As an aside, though, Donald Trump's current wife was a prostitute, so...)

So I'm wondering, in order to get a PL to see the light, it would be helpful to do a role reversal; a gender-reversed analogy of the PL / stripper relationship. What analogy do you think works best?

Is it simply the principle of "don't mix business with pleasure". Like, don't shit where you eat, don't date your co-workers. No, I don't think that's a good enough analogy...

7 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    Good question, but what you propose assumes that logic plays a role in how a new PL will behave. The inclusion of a mish mash of luster, infatuation ("love"), desperation, ego, etc., mostly blocks logic as a useful tool.

I think that the only way for a new PL to learn is to go through the wringer at least once. And let's face it, some guys get fleeced multiple times before they learn, if they learn at all.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    I think you're a little off, and I will say this as most clueless PLs give a sigh of relief "relationships can occur starting out inside a strip club." And I'm not talking about Ricky Dugan dating a bathroom troll.

I could have married a stripper once, how? She saw me as a "grounded" individual who had their act together, which was really appealing to her since every other guy in her life was a felon, or jobless loser.

Jackslash wins strippers hearts by making good lasagna. Juice wins them over by giving them room and board.

Back to your question it makes perfect sense. If I was a divorced or single guy and a client of mine was a smoking hot babe (has happened several times in the past) no matter how much I'd want to, I would keep it strictly professional, no matter how bad I wanted to.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Just as we PLs fantasize about hot strippers meeting our needs, at some point in their careers strippers fantasize about finding a guy who will take care of them, both financially and emotionally.

A divorced 28 year old stripper with 2 kids, a loser ex who doesn't pay support, driving a 10 year old car, and living in a 2 bedroom apartment gets to know a 45 year old who is financially secure and treats her with respect. Could that work ? For a while. Eventually, the hot stripper will start looking like a dumpy couch potatoe. The stable guy will realize the ex stripper is incredibly high maintenance and demand she act responsibly. Fantasies end.
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    I recall BJ99 saying she had/has a boyfriend she met in the strip club. It would be interesting to her opinion on this exception to the rule. She seems fairly objective with her views on the profession.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I met my ex dancing, but he wasn't a regular, so it wasn't really like the pl/dancer relationships I see here. We hungout and he bought me a drink, and got a dance. He asked me to meet him for dinner, as a date, and I agreed bc I liked him. Then it was a normal relationship.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    I think nearly all of us have at least one dating or FWB story with a stripper, so it's certainly not impossible, but definitely improbable and not something that makes sense to pursue as your main goal.

I think the role-reversal here is: a girl who is not your type (for me it's a fat girl with a ghetto attitude, for others it might be a skinny back-ass white trash girl, etc) wants to date you. She's horribly grossly unattractive to you -- a 2, if that. Even if she can offer you something (gifts, whatever), are you going to start dating her and having sex with her? No, you're not, there's just about nothing that's going to get you over the hump of not being repulsed
  • FTS
    7 years ago
    By BJ99's account, it seems as if being in a strip club and getting a dance with a girl does not preclude the beginning of an unpaid romantic relationship with said girl.

Thread closed.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion