tuscl

Do you watch the bartender

Saturday, August 26, 2017 7:59 AM
DO you watch the bartender and look behind the bar before you order anything other that a bottle or can.
( I do this at any bar I go to I do not know)

Watching the bartender for a couple of minutes will tell you if it is safe to get a mix drink or shot.
1] is the bar area clean and the glass washing station clean with clean glasses and how does the bartender wash the glasses
2] is the bartender have clean hands and well groomed
3] what does the bartender use to scoop ice
(if they use a glass not an ice scoop do not get a drink with ice since it may contain broken glass)
4] are the bottles well ordered and clean
(I don't do well drinks so I look at the upper shelf bottle to see if they look old and if they do they may be refilling them with cheap booze)
5] look at the overall efficiency of the bartender, is he/she a pro?
I always am concerned about drink contamination whether intentional or accidental. So when is doubt something with a sealed cap opened at the table.
I also always keep my drink with me so a bottle with a cap works well.
I have had many friends get contaminated drinks either from the bar of contaminated while not paying attention.
One young woman I know only escaped being drugged because after her drink was spiked the friend who she was to meet up with joined her and notice her behavior and took her home. It was a reputable bar so they told the manager the next day. They did not know what happened because they have never gone back there.

12 comments

• mark94
    7 years ago
    I was drugged many years ago, so I watch my drink carefully and never leave it out of my sight. Beyond that, I don't take precautions.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    You've never been to Bogart's, have you?
  • sinclair
    7 years ago
    I only order bottled beer. Tap beer is sometimes not carbonated right and most bars are lazy and don't clean the tap lines out as often as they should, if at all. Last summer I asked for a soda at a strip club and was given Coke in a broken glass, though not visibly leaking. I did not notice it right away. I think I drank some finely ground glass particles.

There are some club that do not allow you to take your drink back to the private lap dance area (ie. Polekatz). This would be the perfect opportunity for club staff to slip a roofie in a customer's drink.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    I watch the bartender if she's hot. One time a nice looking bartender asked if I remembered her. I said no. She pulled up her top and flashed me and then asked again. :)
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    A bunch more reasons to use weed instead of alcohol. Not that I needed any more.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    I draw the line when I see the bathroom troll clean his toilet wand in the bar sink!
  • jackel0001
    7 years ago
    i buy one beer and that's it. bars or at home are for drinking. i will get the girls drunk for more fun
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    I watched the bartender today after reading this. I usually get bottled beer at that club, so it's not as much of an issue. Today I got a mixed shot, too, and she used a metal scoop for the ice. The shot was a popular one that the dancers drink often with no apparent ill effects, so it seemed relatively safe. Otherwise, if I'm not drinking beer, I'll often have gin, and the different brands are easy to discern by the flavor profile.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    in tj... except for shots of tequila... i drink bottled cervesa.
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    @jackslash yes I have been to Bogarts many times and I only get bottled water there or bottled beer and request the waitress to open the beer at the table.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    I like watchiing the barmaid leaning over the bar when she brings my beer.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    I don't think I'm as fastidious as you, but I pay attention.

I normally get bourbon neat. Hard to screw up.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion