tuscl

Slow Dancing on Stage at a Strip Club?

That thread about slow dancing at the hostess clubs reminded of something I'd experienced that was odd at the time and I've not seen anywhere else. At one of the Crazy Horse's (I think it was a CH, was it the one near Charlotte? can't place it...) they had this thing they did where all the dancers would pick customers to go up on stage and slow dance for a song.

I've done a lot of weird shit in clubs, mostly because it was fun, felt good, or seemed like a good idea at the time. That one slow dance on stage still stands out as especially weird years later. There was a playground element to it, since there were a lot more customers than dancers and you're very aware that people who didn't get picked are watching you up there under the lights.

Anyone else out there done one of these?

15 comments

• Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    Funny coincidence that you just posted this - I used to frequent the hostess clubs in southern California. I always liked being able to actually move with the music, plus have a girl in my hands that I could feel up and slither all over. Yes there was a club in NC (Teasers in Statesville, now closed) that had a "slow dance" song, but I don't think it was the same experience. The lights were too bright, and you need a few on-your-feet style songs usually before for you and the girl to settle into each other.
    The hostess club experience can be frustrating for PL's who are focused on mileage. You have to like trying out a variety of girls and figuring out who will do what. Sometimes you get a very "proper" dancer who stiff-arms you and won't get close. Sometimes you get someone quite willing to be pressed up against a wall and grinded on. The fun is in discovering that extra bit of chemistry between you and a semi-normal girl.
  • rane1234
    7 years ago
    For the girls that missed the prom
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    I was thinking it was for the PLs that couldn't get a date to the prom. But yeah, strippers too as a lot of them probably didn't make it to their senior year in high school.

Sigh....
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Weird. I wouldn't do it.
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    It wasn't unusual to meet strippers at the hostess clubs. They were just trying out something else to make money.
  • WetWilly
    7 years ago
    There was a club in the Tampa Bay area, Clearwater I think, which used to do this. Yes, it felt weird to me too, but she was hot.....
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I've never seen anything like that on stage but one day I did see a guy ball room dancing on the floor with a totally nude dancer. They were sitting at the bar drinking and every once in awhile they would get up and dance for an entire song. Must have done it 6 or 8 times. I was surprised that the manager let them do it.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Nope and never would

We got a dancer doing belly dancing doh
  • sinclair
    7 years ago
    They used to do this at Jaguars in Dallas. Dancers would grab a guy and take them on stage to dance. Some danced holding hand and shoulder like at a prom. Other ones would kind of shake and air dance next to each other like in a pop music video. Some dancers would grind on their guy. It lasted one song. It was a good three to four minutes of comedy relief.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I just don't like hokey lame stuff like that. Brings out my bitter side. :P
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    shadowcat. that dancing situation would be HOT.
  • K
    7 years ago
    A few years ago there was a guy at one of my regular clubs that would ball room dance with several of the ladies when things were slow. He'd tip the DJ to play something appropriate and they would dance in the corner of the bar. The ladies that knew how to dance enjoyed it. He tipped well and it was something different to break up the monotony.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    @shadowcat "I was surprised that the manager let them do it."
    Must not have been at Follies. Dancing with a stripper would be mild compared to some of the stuff I've done or seen there.

I've seen customers try to dance at Oasis and the bouncers shut that down fast! OMG, wouldn't want your customers having too much fun.
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    Sometimes club management is all for having side activity happening that puts hooks into customers to keep them coming back. Other club managers just want to keep things in line to minimize the amount of work they have to do. The thing about customers getting creative is that when you let some customers wander outside the lines, it takes more energy to restore order once others go too far.

Some of the craziest stuff I remember from clubs started with a drunken copycat. But for my own entertainment I prefer clubs to "just let them play".
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    joc13 - It was the at the Goldrush before it became a black club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion