tuscl

Club manager ever beg you to be a bouncer ?

Mr_Kay
Catch-22
I'm not a very large man. I'm 5'5" and 156 lbs but I'm a well known Karate Master in local Tournament's. Once the Club Management looked into this they have been begging me to be on staff. I'm just afraid it will destroy my fun

16 comments

• jackslash
    7 years ago
    Did you ask about employee benefits? Like free blow jobs?
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    I worked as a bouncer ( at a live music bar ) when I was in college. I learned more about life from that job than I did from college ( though I didn't put it on my resume ). Of course, that was years ago when the job didn't have the risks that it now does.
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    "Club manager ever beg you to be a bouncer?"

No. I've been mistaken for one more than once for reasons that are sometimes logical and often not.
  • BrotherFogHorn
    7 years ago
    The only bouncing I do Is dancers heads when they prays with me
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    If you are trying to stay anonymous, how did management find out about your karate prowess?
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    A few thoughts about being a bouncer from the old days.
    I suspect that many customers think of a bouncer as a tough guy who can win in a one-on-one fight. It was my experience that these types got fired pretty quickly. They are not conducive to a social gathering where most customers just want to have fun.
    The best security is an experienced door man who can smell trouble before it gets in the door. Loud and drunk is a bad sign. Deny them entry.
    Most trouble is a result of angry drunks. Train your waitresses and bar tenders to spot this before it gets out of hand. Cut them off, have a polite talk with them, or ask them to leave while it can be handled easily.
    The good news is that drunks are really, really bad at fighting. Take one step back when they swing at you and they'll fall on the floor.
    If things do get violent, don't handle it like a prize fight. Think of the velociraptors in Jurassic Park. Surround the customers with 3 bouncers on all sides, then lunge.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    good advice mark.

i got asked a couple of times. i shudda done it.
  • Chili Palmer
    7 years ago
    I thought you'd be bigger.

CP
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^ Strippers tell me that too.
  • DandyDan
    7 years ago
    I actually had it happen years ago at what used to be my favorite club. I don't think he really understood that customers don't want to be bouncers.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    Have you guys noticed the OP starts a lot of discussion posts, but doesn't participate in them after he has started it? He participated in his first discussion post but not since. He has commented once on a couple other posts but that is it. I also find his story about wanting to stay anonymous on this site because he doesn't want people in his town to know he goes to clubs faulty. If the club figured out he's a karate champion, how is he not known in the community?
    Who in his community is going to come to this site and figure things out? Something doesn't smell right. Just my two cents.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I was in a club once a long time ago and a bunch of gang members walked in late at night and I was asked by the bouncer to back him up as he made them leave, They left peacefully fortunately so that's as close as I have ever come to being a bouncer.
  • UGK.22
    7 years ago
    The OP is full of Shit
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Strip club manager wants Mr_Kay to bounce ... on his dick
  • Chili Palmer
    7 years ago
    @rh48hr: I definitely LOL'd at the whole concept being recognized as a "well known Karate master." I doubt I could recognize more than 5 members of Diamondbacks or Cardinals if they walked into a strip club, let alone the local Daniel LaRusso. This one definitely did not pass the smell test.

CP
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    Agreed CP. I'll keep calling BS on him until he proves he's not trolling us and I call on everyone else to do the same.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion