tuscl

How do you explain the disconnect between what you believe and what you practice

CJKent (Banned)
“The more a person needs to be right, the less certain he is...”
Values guide the decision making process of what is important and what is right. But in bussiness practice and interaction with strippers is difficult to do what is right to/for you.
I believe is in part because the predarory bussiness culture in America. To get the most and give the least. I have observed that some strippers newly arrived from other countries have a more fair trade culture and mentality, until they learn the american way of doing business.

24 comments

• JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    I don't think I just do what feels good
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Fuck you Jackie
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    I practice what I believe. I don't understand the difference unless you are trying to pull a scam or rip off people or bribe people. Most people are trying to get the most value for their money unless they have money to burn or don't care or are just plain stupid with money. I do set aside some tip money to tip at least 2 dollars if I want to tip a dancer on stage. I tip waitresses one or two dollars depending upon how much I bought. If I was rich and had money to burn, I might tip more. I believe I spent a lot more in commissions than I did in stage tips this month. I should add those up. That's telling me something right there.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I follow the golden rule - if I expect a dancer to treat me well/fairly then I feel obliged to treat her the same way - I don't try to get one over on dancers nor anyone and I try to be straightforward and let the PL-chips fall where they may - and I also try not let a dancer get one over one me - if she's not being straight w/ me or treating me fairly then I don't bother w/ her
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    There are certain basic things a PL should know but no-need to over-think this shit nor get overly philosophical b/c it starts becoming diminishing returns and not as fun
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    strip clubbing is not supposed to be a job
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @OP: You should give some concrete examples so we better know what you are talking about.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    The title makes it sound like you are talking about personal beliefs and clubbing, but the body of the thread you're contrasting it with business - clubbing vs personal beliefs and clubbing vs business beliefs are IMO 2 different things
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    Thanks for getting me to think about it. I might be able to do one dollar trades instead of $5 dollar trades. I believe the most value for your money is the best practice to follow but still believe in a win win scenario so tipping a dancer shows her I'm not as cheap as someone only tipping a dollar but two dollars is like one before Obama and the Clintons decreased the value of a dollar so much. I just hope when the democrats get elected again after the Republicans screw up again, that they keep our paper currency so I can still spend it in strip clubs or family members can borrow some to buy Gracie's or whatever without the government knowing all or getting a cut of it all. If paper currency got wiped out, fake strip club money would probably cost a fee to get it and another fee to convert it back. That would suck especially if the club charged 10% each time.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    Groceries not Gracie's. Must be some comedian that downloaded a weird spell corrector to my iPad.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I treat customers as though they will all be back, or write a review ab me, but I let the ones who aren't a good fit go bc I think it's best in the long run.

I try hard to live my life according to my actual values. We all have limited resources; time, money, energy, space, even goodwill. I used to teach parenting classes where I taught clients to develop a family mission statement and writing out a list of each members own personal values, so that resources are spent accordingly; it takes effort, or there will be waste and conflict.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ that's cool - can you show us your boobs
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    If the op is talking about getting as much sexual satisfaction out of a stripper, I believe, err I'm not sure what I believe. I believe what two adults do is none of the governments business but in a club, there are bouncers, a business owner, police, undercover agents, and some religious fanatics thinking no one should be able to do anything they don't approve of so we have a major disagreement between what the less prude believe and what the prudes believe. If the Greenville solicitor has sex with a female and no one gets hurt, I don't think that is any of my business even if they did it in a public place if they tried to be discreet about it. However the solicitor probably would disagree. As long as you are not hurting other people, I see nothing wrong. If you hurt others, you are doing wrong. I read that was the simple definition of a sin. You are hurting other people.
    Shutting a club down because you have beef with someone there causing others to lose jobs, others to lose out on a place to have fun, was just plain wrong in my opinion. Whoever did that or assisted in that hurt thousands of people and there will be a price to pay when they die. I have no problem if agents want to stop people from transmitting sexual diseases but hurting others because you have a beef with someone else, that is just revenge. Sounds like the guy on the motorcycle who kicked a car while going down a highway causing the car to run into a truck, injuring the truck driver. It was wrong to kick the car and he hurt others. If the guy is evil, he probably enjoyed it all. Evil enjoys hurting others. Good people do not enjoy hurting others. It's that simple. Sometimes many of us may have a little bit of devil inside us all because many of us can remember enjoying doing something bad. Overall I have chosen to be good instead of joining up with the evil side. Evil people enjoy hurting others and you could easily be targeted if you are in their company.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    No money; no boobs.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    Oh forgot to add, it makes business sense to keep a business partner happy by making the deal be a win win. A stripper can be a business partner if you agree to do a deal with her. You want happy business partners to get repeat business otherwise you will have to keep looking for new partners. Not sure what beliefs the op was referring to.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @Bj99 you know the money is always after never upfront, if this website has taught us nothing else. )
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    I practice what I believe. And I believe I'll go to the strip club today and get some pussy.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    The hypocrisy of not practicing what you preach is commonly known as liberalism.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I say if the dancer treats you right, treat her even better in return. It builds trust and I've found that the reciprocity theory holds true. Future engagements tend to remain good or get even better.

That is if your MO includes cultivating favs.

If my first experience isn't especially good, I don't give a lot of second chances. I try to cut my losses quickly.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^ Looking back I have no idea what my comment has to do with this thread. Must be my inner SJG.

BTW, LOL @gammanu
  • georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    What "disconnect"?
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Isn't this topic a bit too deep for this lot?

Anyway, I'm not sure there's a huge disconnect for me, either. I don't believe there's any ethical disconnect in two people agreeing on sexual services, or each one trying to get the best deal they can for themselves. I don't deal with strippers dishonestly, I negotiate a good deal for me but don't try to exploit her (unless you believe that her being a stripper is itself exploitation), and treat my strippers with respect (again, I don't think sexual services = disrespect)
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I don't see any disconnect. If you are an honorable ethical person there shouldn't be any.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    The main disconnect I'm concerned with is my hands being disconnected from the dancer's boobs
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion