tuscl

Internet Method for Anonymous Phone Contacts to fellow Mongers?

Book Guy
I write it like I mean it, but mostly they just want my money.
Hey, I wonder, is there an easy (preferably free?) way to set up a telephone call that will allow me to maintain internet-based anonymity? Over time, I've experienced this need on several occasions. Some of the friendly helpful mongers here (and at other websites) have suggested they'd be willing to chat with me by phone, or even to meet in person with me, at various strip-clubs or other venues, for any of a variety of purposes.

I'm not OK with giving out (ever!) a "real" phone number. I am OK with sending emails (I have a book_guy account at Yahoo that I consider my "main" anonymous email) and chat-messages on any MIRC type client, and Personal-Messages such as those that we send here at TUSCL via the messaging service on this website. I know, they ALL can be hacked by someone who KNOWS what he's doing, but I am not trying to preclude expert Romanian hackers employed by Putin, they'll always be more computer-savvy than me. I am simply trying to keep out reasonable efforts of, for example, my spouse or employer or sibling or child (I don't have any of those right now, by the way! LOL ...), or an acquaintance etc..

If I had a phone number that forwarded to my cell phone, wouldn't that work? Like, could I do that with Google Voice? I would like to be able to phone FROM and TO it, both. Anyone know a quick easy method?

And strangely, I'm kind of OK with the idea of meeting mongers in person. I guess, if Fred-the-Monger and Book-monger-Guy IDs agree on TUSCL.net to go see each other face to face in the Mons Venus parking lot in Tampa, with "I'll be wearing a green arm-band and I have a red mustache" or whatever, then when both of us show up, we are pretty sure the other guy at least has to admit to having been standing inside the Mons Venus parking lot. So, it's not like I'm likely to get "outed" by someone whom I could just as easily "out" right back. But that reassurance isn't available with phone-calls ... if he has my info, he can then connect it to my TUSCL ID and "out" me, but I can't reverse the favor as easily. Right?

Your thoughts? What's risky, what's not, which contact-methods are OK for making real-life connections between TUSCL members?

10 comments

• jackslash
    7 years ago
    Google Voice would probably work for you. And you can PM other TUSCLers.

I've met around a dozen TUSCLers in person, and they're not half as bad as you might expect.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    True that @jackslash I have met close to a dozen maybe a bit more than now every one that I have met IRL we have swapped numbers and they're all good guys.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    Get the ap Text Me. I've used it successfully for years to do the sort of stuff you're describing.

And I've met lots of tusclers. Most were normal guys. Except for Heck who almost killed me driving around with a couple pounds of marijuana in the car.
  • Book Guy
    7 years ago
    Whooo seems like it's time to get a smart-phone. My phone is a dumb-phone still.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    I've used Google Voice for years.

I have also met many tuscl'ers through the years and they've all been cool. I've also become really good friends with one.
  • georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    GV will work with a dumb phone. As long as you also have a computer. It's kind of a pain, but it works.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Yeah, get a smartphone - then you can download a free popular burn-app called "Sideline" which allows you to give/use a # other than your own
  • lopaw
    7 years ago
    I've met several TUSCLers over the years as well and they were all great people. Not sure why you're concerned? Meeting up in a stripclub, using either your real first name (or an alias if that makes you more comfortable) and chatting about our favorite hobby with someone that "gets it" and is an experienced clubber can be alot of fun. Beats the heck out of bringing your newb friends or coworkers who will no doubt do stupid things and embarrass the hell out of you!
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    "Beats the heck out of bringing your newb friends or coworkers who will no doubt do stupid things and embarrass the hell out of you!"

You can say that again sister!!!!
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    I wouldn't ever suggest depending on such anonymity for doing anything illegal.

But just for personal privacy, yes there are Internet phone schemes, and there is this Burner App. But I have never used any of these things.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion