tuscl

Feature: Discussion comments in reverse chronological order

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 8:52 PM
Would it be better to have the most recent comments on top (like Twitter). Better still if user has choice to view most recent on top or oldest on top. Also can quoting others (completely or partially) be made easier? But definitely not like iPhone's absurd default mail model, where they put newest on top, then others below are oldest to newest downwards. I had to turn off bunch of things to achieve sanity like Gmail provides.

11 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    You mean comments within a particular thread? .
  • ThereAndBackAgain
    7 years ago
    Yes
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Why would you like to reverse the order - if you wanna go straight to the last comment the "Last Comment" blue-text is a hyperlink that takes you there when you click on it
  • ThereAndBackAgain
    7 years ago
    Yeah, still feels weird, because the OP is far above.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I prefer the current order o/w when one is reading from top to bottom one would read the answer b/f you know what the question is (in the case when someone is answering a previous question/point)
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    It's easier for me if I read the oldest post first since I usually only read new threads.
  • hump_my_leg_12346
    7 years ago
    I like it the way it is as well.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I like it like this.
  • TheeOSU
    7 years ago
    Things are just fine as they presently are. If you want to read last comments first just scroll down to the bottom and work your way back up.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    The order is fine. I wouldn't mind being able to quote or tag users a little more easily. But even that is a "nice to have" versus "must have".
  • HungryGiraffe
    7 years ago
    Like status quo.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion