tuscl

Uber cost?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I have never used Uber. I've actually never used a taxi in the U.S. in too many years to know their cost. I was supposed to be doing OTC at my house this afternoon. She texted me that her car was in the shop until this evening and asked if I would reimburse her to use Uber. It would be about 25 miles one way. I thought that could get expensive and after consideration, she thought that she would rather wait until she gets her car back. So we have rescheduled for tomorrow.

How much would have Uber cost?

15 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    The Uber webpage has a fare-estimator (it should be towards the bottom)
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    I think the Uber costs are a little different in each state. For example I took a Uber from LAX airport to Synn in COI. That's like a 35 mile ride, the Uber only cost me 35 bucks. In other cities I've seen it a little more expensive.

Generally I would say a 25 mile ride would be between 25 and 40 bucks. There is also a alternative called Lyft.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    Wow, that's pretty impressive that you found one who has a credit card so Uber would be an option! I would guess $30-$40 for most markets, but the best way is to use the app/web site for a fare estimate.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    Until Uber has an ok to smoke weed in the car policy I will drive myself.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    FWIW, in case she is using her friend's credit card, Uber keeps track of everything from the route taken down to using GPS to measure how hard the driver is applying the brakes.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    If Uber requires a credit card, then there are a lot of Follies dancers that have credit cards.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    In your neck of the woods, an Uber trip from the northern end of Buckhead to the airport ran me around $35

I didn't feel like waiting for an Uber my way in and took a cab, it was $65 before tip!
  • ThereAndBackAgain
    7 years ago
    Uber/ Lyft is generally priced about half or so of regular cabs for longer rides and a third of the cab-services company. However the pitfall is Uber is byoc ( bring your own cab) and we'll give you customer affairs which makes the experience vary quite a bit. There's no standard, sometimes you get a good experience sometimes you can smell weed and kick trash inside with the driver living out of his car. The vehicle may not have good insurance and so on...
    I was under the impression that Uber would replace even corporate cab services untill one day I got a ride on my firm account and the chauffeur gave me new perspective.
  • K
    7 years ago
    I've been using uber for years. Generally I find that there is some sort of base fare . On a recent trip my coworker had a broken foot so we used uber for very short rides. Less than a mile the cost was just over $6. We used it for rides as far as 10 miles and it a little over $7, Our longest trip was 25 minutes and it cost $18.
  • DroidX
    7 years ago
    Probably about $25-35, depending on her starting point.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Holy fuck, time to step boldly into 2010, you old bastard! Seriously, uber is an important tool for any PL, monger, or sugardaddy. Just download it, you'll be able to use it to get a price quote on a ride -- and see if there are any surges going on. A "Surge" is a concept that's new to services like Uber and Lyft, that you won't be familiar with if you have a taxi model in mind. Uber and Lyft prices are not set ... you can guesstimate them most of the time, but if demand is much higher than supply, the price Uber charges goes up (i.e., surges) in order to encourage more drivers to get on the road. It really is worth investing the 10 minutes needed to know how to use this tech.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    "Until Uber has an ok to smoke weed in the car policy I will drive myself."

Skibum you never know unless you ask. This is a great example, as I've smoked and vaped.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    I use uber and lyft. I like that with lyft I can tip them on my card. Maybe uber has gotten with the program, I haven't used either in months. Lyft also made a "two destination" feature which was awesome. Idk if uber has kept on pace like I said.

Both are cheaper and better than cabs. Watch out for primetime though, costs can skyrocket.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    I used Uber to get to an from Follies the one time I visited there. Parking lot was packed, but not a problem with Uber. I got pretty damn drunk, not a problem with Uber. Like Subra said, a must have in every PL's toolbox.
  • Mainster
    7 years ago
    Use Uber if I want to drink once I get where I'm going, or if the walking distance coupled with the heat is more than I want to deal with. I tip cash, and haven't tried Lyft. I've been picked up by a couple of drivers that worked for both services.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion