tuscl

Instagram Handle vs. Phone Number

HungryGiraffe
Somewhere USA
Had an interesting experience recently where I'd just finished a nice lap dance with stripper and I asked for the digits. She offered her Instagram handle instead. I suspected a SO situation and sure enough first pic was of her and her fiancé. I found it fascinating that the Instagram page provided pics of her family, friends and all about her professionally, including her real name.

What's really cool is next time I see her in the club we'll be able to have a great convo about her wide range of interests. Fully appreciate her not wanting to get text messages from stripping gig clients.

Is this the new normal in the age of social media? Did I just get lucky? Or, is she taking a risk unmasking herself after spending 10 mins with a new strip club connection?

13 comments

• ppwh
    7 years ago
    I have been surprised by this kind of thing, too, like when one gave me info about vanilla gigs serving the public and invited me to visit her at them.

I stopped being surprised, though. If you're anywhere near a club regular and nothing bad has been happening, you probably wouldn't be able to add any more drama to her life than seems perfectly normal to her - especially as "some guy on Instagram" vs. potentially blowing up her phone w/ text messages.

Also, rumor has it that some strippers and even strip club customers have a tendency to make poor choices.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    It isn't something that I seek out, but a few dancers and a waitress offered facebook as the way to keep in contact. One of the dancers grabbed my phone, looked for the facebook app, and since it wasn't installed, found a browser that had facebook open and added herself. Only the waitress isn't on my Restricted list.

In other words, yeah, it falls within the range of normal now. I guess it's one of those things like how kissing is too intimate, but BBBJCIM is not.
  • HungryGiraffe
    7 years ago
    ^^^^ LOL!
  • sinclair
    7 years ago
    I rarely get digits, instagram, or Facebook from dancers anymore. Nowadays it is all about Snapchat. The under 30 crowd is addicted to that shit.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Some girls have special social media set up just for their stripper persona -- those girl give out their instagram, facebook, etc., willy nilly to any and all PLs. The high-end strippers will talk about their "brand", have strategies for putting on sexy pics regularly, etc.

When it comes to facebook, I still find it rare that strippers give out their REAL media, with their friends and family on it, to anyone but regulars they feel won't stalk them or embarrass them in front of their family. I think it's pretty dumb for a stripper to give out their facebook to just any customer, but I guess not surprised that some do. With instagram, it seems to happen more and more that strippers are using their instagram accounts -- even their real instagram accounts -- to give to customers

Snapchat is definitely my fave. It's a little less risky for the stripper, since there's no public interactions with her other Snapchat contacts. Snapchat gives the girls a false sense of security about any sexting they do. Everyone knows that their pics can be screenshot, but no one on snapchat seems to realize there are video screen-scrapers that save videos, too.
  • anonlvone
    7 years ago
    @Subraman - Snapchat has software that searches for third party apps and they will ban you from their network if they catch you using any.

I got added on Snapchat by a stripper I know. She didn't even tell me she was going to do it!
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    haha how about this theory...

strippers still get their phones shut off and are always changing numbers, their Instagram and Facebook never change so you can ALWAYS get a hold of them there.

Just a theory, it's more likely they don't want their phone blown up with txt messages at 2AM by a horny PL on a night they aren't working in the club.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Another theory...

It's a reverse catfish, a fake Facebook account. It's her way of stringing PLs along but tells the RILs that ITC is all they'll get.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Yes Snapchat is the craze nowadays.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    7 years ago
    I have a Snapchat but I rarely post on it. I mostly follow the freaks and strippers on there. I don't like it much because many if not all of them seem to talk shit about the men and bite the hand that feeds them. They have a false sense of importance on there. Instagram is the same way to a lesser extent.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    -->"@Subraman - Snapchat has software that searches for third party apps and they will ban you from their network if they catch you using any. "

anon: to the best of my knowledge, Snapchat has turned off all 3rd party app access anyway. All my third party apps that I used to do this with, are now useless.

But, video records like AZ Screen Recorder (or a host of others) don't access Snapchat at all, they just insert themselves in the video path and record from there. I don't know the mechanism .... I would have guessed that they would do this by replacing the video driver with their own, but this one doesn't require root, so it isn't that. In any case, have had it a loooong time and not banned
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I would think for many young people that social-media is their preferred way of communication - but shailynn's theory is one that makes sense and I had not thought off.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    The phone shut off thing is definitely one reason. The one who grabbed my phone had said on an earlier visit that she couldn't give me her number because her phone was shut off and she wouldn't be getting a new one for a few more days. I had just assumed that not having an active phone was SS to avoid giving her number out, but that obviously turned out to not be the case. A different one could only call me using some VOIP app using a wifi hotspot because her phone had been shut off.

I suspect that another part of it is like when a girl "accidentally" leaves a hair tie or earring at your house or leaves a bite mark. Sort of a way to mark her territory and remind you of her. I also wouldn't be surprised if they show off social media profiles of the customers who are "their territory" in the dressing room.

For the ones looking for an exit strategy, having you on social media would give her a better idea of her realistic chances and help her screen for suitability.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion