tuscl

The News Cycle

rockstar666
Illinois
I was hearing a discussion on TV News about how there's a "news cycle", and how in politics the various stories have a lifespan until other events replace them. Some are a day, 3 days, a week, and longer. But this thread isn't about politics.

I don't start that many threads but I do one every now and then. My misspelled "Ignore" thread was one of the more popular ones I ever started and only now has its 'news cycle' started to die. With all the posts from people I have on ignore contributing, it SHOULD have only been half as popular. But there was at least some worthwhile grist for the mill. I think the troll mentality thrives off of extended threads even if more inquisitive people pass them by. They just want the volume of posts.

I admit I like when I do a thread that catches the interest of the group. It makes me feel like I'm contributing to the entertainment value of the group. I'm sure the Homophobia Club feels the same way, but they go the low road to get the same result.

I propose The Club do ONLY serious, non-inflammatory posts for a week, and I'll ONLY do outrageous, bitter, insulting trolling for a week. Then we can compare notes.

Except you guys are all on ignore and I like it that way.

Never mind.

21 comments

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion