tuscl

Strip club questionable attire

larryfisherman
California
You ever wear or see someone rock questionable attire in the strip club? Were they allowed to wear it?

Examples would be sunglasses, see through sunglasses, bandana/durag etc, a guy wearing short shorts etc.

I once saw a patron have headphones on while in the strip club. Apparently he didn't want to listen to the DJ's shitty mix lol. The managers and bouncers didn't say anything about it.

19 comments

• K
    8 years ago
    Many clubs around here have signs up banning gang related apparel .
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    yea some have somewhat of a dress code. No bandana and sometimes hats. I haven't seen too much else banned but then again I don't live in gang territory...LOL
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Just about every middle school has a dress code Lil Fishsticks. Also most teachers won't allow headphones in their classroom.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Hey, when you are all coked up, you don't want folks to see your eyes.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    lol VM.
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    At 9:00 p.m. my favorite club announces that everyone must remove any and all head coverings. At 9:05 those who don't are asked to leave.
  • warhawks
    8 years ago
    White polyester suits are highly frowned upon around these parts.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    My club has a goofy dress code because it seemingly changes by the hour.

You can wear shorts but sometimes not. No sweat pants. No hoodies. No hats. Except last fall everyone had a Cubs hat and no one said anything. I have really nice Patagonia pants that I wore for a few years until one asshole bouncer wouldn't let me in wearing them. "Too thin"...um yeah, that's the point!

Haven't tried a polyester suit yet...
  • dallas702
    8 years ago
    There was the story, related here by someone else a few years ago, of the guy in a suit who wandered through a club handing flowers to strippers.

The strangest I have seen was a group of guys in tux and tails, with matching cummerbunds and boutonnieres, in an ESL dive. They were clearly groomsmen escaped from a reception, and I don't begrudge them the club time, but their wardrobe did not match the very low end club. Were they just returning to the scene of the bachelor party?
  • Tiredtraveler
    8 years ago
    I almost always wear a collared shirt and no blue jean pants (dockers type).
    I have found that meets all dress codes and the girls do not like to grind on jeans.
    I will where decent shorts if the club and weather allow.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    TT, I've also heard girls don't like jeans but when I asked my regulars, they said it was fine. It's belt buckles they hate. I have one that really protrudes, so I just take it off and she can get to work.

But the whole jeans thing...I'm not sure what to think. I'm wearing jeans today that are like a very soft denim....I'll see what they think when I hit the club this afternoon.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    Why would a dancer not like a customer to wear jeans?

BTW, I live in Orlando
  • impala
    8 years ago
    Was once told that it was the corseness of the fabric why most hate jeans (rougher on their "parts" when grinding), but if they are soft it's OK (ever notice that if your wearing jeans you get a lot more leg rubbing first, they are check out to see how soft).

As far as dress codes go, I understand some but have seen some weird ones over the years. The one that got me was the one where all shirts with a collar had to be tucked in. Nobody could tell me why, just that it was a rule.
  • TippingDollars
    8 years ago
    Shit I've gotten away with wearing sweat pants to some clubs and they haven't said shit during the day because there hurting for business. Gives me junk a lot more room to get off.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    strangest attire i've seen a pl wear was a scott wearing kilts. (i wonder if comando...)
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    If a club has a problem with your attire you have two options: 1) comply or 2) tell them if they are that exclusive then they don't need to separate you from dollars you will spend elsewhere
  • warhawks
    8 years ago
    @Dallas, there used to be a midget (Small person? Lol) that went around the clubs by me asking PLs in the club if they'd like to "buy the lady a rose?"

He'd walk around the club with an armful of long stem roses and go up to anyone who had a dancer in their booth or next to them at the bar or smoking area.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    What ever happened to looking "pulled together" or having pride on one's appearance?

??
  • impala
    8 years ago
    Nothing wrong with looking nice when your planning on going out. On the other end of that, I often stop at SCs en route to a destination and what I'm wearing is what I'm wearing (not a slob, but not dressed up either).

I've seen some places with weird or tough dress policies, and they for the most part are to either attract a certain clientele or to discourage a certain. The one I find interesting is a place that has a work style boots allowed before 10 pm. I asked someone there about it and was told that they wanted a higher dollar clientele, kept regular working man out after work (but white collar workers would be allowed) but later in the evening when the wannabe 'gangsta' rich college guys went out they would be welcome. Backfired on them, found out the hard way that blue collar workers were the bread and butter customers and without them they went out of business. Place is a used car dealership now.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion