tuscl

Atlanta Cheetah sexual law suits

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Monday, January 9, 2017 7:03 AM
This is a very long article. I find the dancer allegations hard to believe based upon my knowledge of this club. [view link]

15 comments

• rockstar666
    7 years ago
    SC, normally you're the paragon of reality, but I find the whole thing plausible in the extreme. This kind of thing happens all the time in big city clubs who cater to high rollers. The only thing I don't quite go along with is that they had to threaten some dancers to play along. In a big club there has to lots and lots of willing volunteers. After all, they get paid for the extras big time.
  • eyeamlong
    7 years ago
    If the Lawsuit goes to trial,,,, I'm going to take advantage of my retirement.... And have a backrow seat,, In that Fulton County Courthouse... I don't think any drama on TV will top this.
  • crazyjoe
    7 years ago
    Lol
  • bvino
    7 years ago
    Great reporting. Fair and balanced. Reads true to me. Allowing for exaggeration on both parties parts I can see where this would happen. I have heard similar tales in my clubbing days. The pressure is always there to perform or , at least, not undercut your peers.
  • chandler
    7 years ago
    Well I'm shocked. Shocked! Not really. Most of what I know about Cheetah comes from strippers who used to dance there. They've told me that extras weren't uncommon in VIP for customers willing to pay the big bucks. Cheetah has kept it all very discreet, so that an ordinary PL's experience might be of a tame eye candy club with nothing more than air dances to be had. But it doesn't take a genius to figure out that there must be something more bringing all the money in. As for this particular case, I suspect that it's more about a "top earner" no longer able to compete after 10 years of stripping, rather than her professed naivete over the realities of the trade. Cheetah's lawyers probably know how to minimize the legal damage, but now with the media smelling a scandal it won't be cheap.
  • Timbuck12
    7 years ago
    Sounds like Standard Operating Procedure at any strip club. Only difference with the Cheetah is that the dollar amounts involved are higher than normal. I don't doubt any of it.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    You know how these problems start, n my opinion, its by letting bouncers and managers take tips. This makes these creeps into pimps. No matter whether the club is low, medium, or unlimited mileage. Male staff should get paid adequately, but not be allowed to take tips. They have a job to do, protect dancers, protect everybody, and enforce whatever the real unwritten rules are. Dancers can do whatever they want, so long as it is within these rules. And the most important rule is always consent. When you let bouncers start taking tips, then the whole thing is corrupted. I have seen this happen first hand, Club Ante San Mateo. Soon tempers are flaring and girls are feeling like they are being pressured and mistreated. And this is why I spoke up when I first joined when LDK and others were talking about tipping bouncers. Even if a club is maximum mileage, it shouldn't have to end up with these sorts of situations. We know of those clubs. I read about them here. They don't have these sorts of problems. In our Mexican Bar underground circuit, no bouncers are taking tips, and there has been Front Room FS, Parking Lot FS, and most of the girls do OTC. But they don't have any of these sorts of problems. SJG
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    There's extras in the Cheetah VIP?? Since when? The girl that is suing said she was one of Cheetah's top earners. She doesn't look all that to me.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    I've known several Cheetah dancers over the years, and I know it's true that some girls pay the bouncers a percentage to arrange VIP rooms for them. As for the allegations of sex, I'm sure it has happened for guys stupid enough to pay insane sums of money. But the lawsuit clearly exaggerates the amount of sex that takes place. I regularly overpay strippers for sex but yet I've never been able to get itc sex from a cheetah stripper.
  • bubba267
    7 years ago
    @Shadow & JS69 are on target. Been going to Cheetah on and off for nearly 38 years. In the last 6-7 I've had the financial capacity and have tried unsuccessfully on several occasions. Not saying it hasn't happened, just calling complete bs that it is an institutionalized practice.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    I just texted with a dancer that I know who works at Cheetah. She said yes that kind of shit happened for really big spenders because she thinks the management is corrupt. But of course she added that nothing like that had ever happened to her. Because she wants me to believe that she's a good girl.
  • motownkid
    7 years ago
    Dude - this so obviously what they were doing - all the high end clubs do it. No surprise.
  • jestrite50
    7 years ago
    I can understand how this could happen for Big Bucks from some celebrity but if it happened I would say the girl knew up front what she was getting into. I have also been to Cheetah many times and have never seen anything happen as good as at Follies. Of course I'm not a celebrity and could never spend like one for a quick piece of pussy. My Reaction to this: Bogus ! She's just mad because nobody would pay big bucks for her pussy.
  • bubba267
    7 years ago
    @motownkid - I hear you, however she is alleging a regular pattern of sexual assaults, drugging and rapes, endorsed by the club. None of us are doubting that "coordinated extras" have happened on occasion between the right girl and a select high roller client. Those of us that have spent some time there doubt the validity of her story.
  • MrBater2010
    7 years ago
    I have not been to the Cheeta since mid 90's I couldn't read all of the article. I have been in VIP rooms at other locations where the stripper told me to tip the waitress good so she wouldn't come back. With that said I can remember them and another place in Atlanta having a very strict no touch policy back in the day. Watched guy getting asked to leave many times. So much so that for years I would sit on my hands during a lap dance. Now the cynical person in me does the math. She has been Dancing a decade, so if she started at 20 that means she is 30 now and is probably not getting as many dances as the younger ladies are. Was this her plan for retirement? And it goes back to, you know you were drugged and raped. Report it then so you have evidence. As hard as it maybe to take mentally. I actually know of a stripper that moved back to macon, because she was ask by the powers in the club to have sex with a high roller. She refused and quit. At least that was the story a mutual friend told me at the time. This sort of thing gets to me, because getting extras puts you on the edge of human trafficking. Sorry don't want to be a buzz kill. And I almost did a VIP at Follies yesterday, 1/9/2016. She told me I could have everything. Until here herbal life friend came along I was almost there.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion