tuscl

Who gets the BBC channel and watches it a lot at times?

Sunday, January 1, 2017 10:10 PM
I enjoy watching science fiction shows and particularly enjoy Doctor Who and am currently enjoying Star Trek Voyager reruns. I haven't seen the voyager series in a long time.

Maybe I missed out and should have written science fiction short stories and sold them as books.
My Gen X generation turned a lot of what I read as a teenager into movies but they missed out on turning L Ron Hubbards series of mission to Earth 10 book series. Also I guess Pierre Anthony fantasy novels never caught on with any movie writers.

Nor did Isaac Asimovs robot series where robots built entire colonies. In one book, a kid or young man had his own robot. I guess if I had lots of time, I could read them again.

10 comments

• shadowcat
    8 years ago
    There is a channel devoted to Big Black Cocks?
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    I checked and my Comcast package includes BBC. I haven't watched it but maybe I'll start. I enjoy SF.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    Totally love BBC America! I've been watching Doctor Who regularly for the past four years now, I'm amazed how the show is almost designed to "Jump the Shark" and yet reshuffle a few faces, make a few plot and paradigm shifts and come back stronger. Of all the Doctor incarnations I liked David Tenant the most- but I'm quite happy with Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi managing the Tardis. I think the last series opening two episodes (where they threw in Davros and Missy) were some of the best written episodes since the 2005 reboot, and I totally loved this past Christmas episode where they explored and deconstructed the meme of the super hero, especially what it would be like to have adolescent hormones and x-ray vision.... and still be a nerd in spite of your super powers and watch your buddy get the girl (and dump her). Classic!

So WHO is on First in the "Geek" cave here.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Hugh_G_Rection certainly enjoys the Big Black Cock. Needless to say his boyfriend georgemicrobrain gets a little jealous and this puts a strain on their relationship.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    man. i feel deprived. i don't have cable or satellite tv. fuck.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    It may be online. However I would advise not to search for shadowcats term.

The recent Doctor Who cartoon classic they found or showed in the last few weeks on Saturday nights I recorded and watched Sunday morning.

The corny enemy construction of deadly aliens I find amusing. Darleks go around saying exterminate, exterminate, like the old Battlestar Galactica cylons were amusing with their red flashing eyes and easy to annihilate construction. The new cylons you can't tell apart from people. I'm not sure if The BBC channel has had much Battlestar Galactica on it. I'd rather see some new movies with new material or more Doctor Who anyway.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    I never had BBC America until I moved to FL. It really needs more variety. I like SciFi, but just how many Doctor Who and different Star Trek marathons can they expect people to watch?
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    I watch a lot on BBC....also Dr. Who and the Star Trek reruns. HCI has Deep Space 9 reruns which is the best of all the Star Trek series IMHO.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    I would expect BBC America to showcase original BBC programming like Doctor Who (not Dr.), Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock Holmes, and more. That guy that played the hobbit in LOTR and then the British punk guitarist smack junkie on Lost used to have a freakin' hilarious nature show. Why are they showing me stuff from 20-30 years ago or more?
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    I see Dougster is fantasizing about me again. I'm flattered, really.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion