tuscl

Getting accosted at the door

How many of us literally are walking in to a club and been hit on at the entrance by the "wanna dance?" girls before your eyes adjust, find a drink or find a seat let alone survey the talent. This has happened several time to me and I find it very off-putting. The Penthouse Club in Manhattan does a variation: you pay your cover, a "host" takes you onto the floor or upstairs to seat you where he introduces you to several dancers to choose one to sit with you. All expecting a tip.
I have also walked into clubs where the girls are sitting close to the door and mob you before your eyes adjust (this has happened in clubs that you normally don't think it would). I go clubbing to relax, window shop, and watch the stage show before I decide if and who I want to sit with me and contemplate going further.

23 comments

• 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    I don't know how problematic that is Tiredtraveler. I'd probably rather be given several options and make a choice up front than be randomly accosted.

The one awkward part is that if the place just doesn't appeal (i.e., none of the girls are ace) it becomes awkward to back out and just leave.

I think you're going to get requests for drinks and tips no matter what happens. It's just money and money < brilliant fun, so I would go with the flow! ;)
  • Imamutt
    8 years ago
    Latinas are talented at shoving a hand down your pants and yanking the crank before you can say no. They get mad when I turn them away and tell then who I'm there for.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Yeah, I don't like getting pounced on as soon as I walk in - from reviews I used to read, Treasures in Houston back in the day pre-raid was like this where multiple dancers would line-up by the door physically grabbing/abducting custies as they walked in - I also hate a "host" taking me to a seat of his choosing especially expecting a tip - and I also don't like dancers being brought to me, I rather choose them myself
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    They're just practicing for their future jobs as Walmart greeters.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    There's always that one dancer. Usually, below a 7, who hopes to catch that easy score. If they just chat or flirt a little, that's cool, but they must be an amateur when they just ask wanna dance as soon as you walk in. It's a double-whammy: first, I just got here, second, very few guys just "wanna dance" unless you are smokin hot, take me now or lose me forever, prime piece of ass. We should begin asking "does that ever work for you?" and then keep a running tally on this board.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    Door vultures! There are girls whose hustle is centered around this -- in my experience, very close to 100% of the time, they've honed their hustle to be shock-and-awe a guy into the VIP as soon as he walks in, and once the VIP is over, the guys NEVER look happy. These are always the worst-service girls in the club, they are incapable of getting repeat business, so they try to get a guy while he's still a bit off-balanced as soon as he walks in. They often try being super-handsy, or the classic "let me give you a tour" line. The shocking thing is how many guys say yes -- the door vultures use these tactics because they work (I guess there's a never-ending parade of suckers to prey on, especially on night shift), and give otherwise lowest-quality girls a decent payday.

As bad as SF is as far as strip clubs, I don't have to deal with a ton of the annoying practices many of you guys do, which I think is a combination of day shift + higher end clubs: no bathroom troll on dayshift, no annoying DJ on dayshift, no door vultures at the mid-range+ clubs (with some exceptions), no hosts seating you for a tip.
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    Anytime I get approached before I can even sit down it's a bad sign.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Want Out? National Free Help hotline 24/7: 1-800-551-1300
  • K
    8 years ago
    At the den in NJ I someimes get hit up in the parking lot.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    "Door Vultures". If ever there was a phrase that belongs in the glossary, that is it.

@founder: worthy of inclusion?
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    This happens a lot at Spearmint Rhino and Sapphires in Vegas. I HATE it.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    larry. just say 'no thank you.'
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Well, it is never good to let someone introduce you to girls. Best if you can fraternize freely and then select and approach yourself.

And you never want to let a girl lead you into a toll area, before you have built some intimate rapport with her.

So yes, you just have to politely say no. Tell them, "Let me get situated and adjusted to the dark first." And if the girl is still hanging around try to talk to her some, find out about the club some.

Best if you can pick the girl, feed her money, and let a makeout session develop in the front room. Then you invite her to the back room when it gets to the point where your pants need to come down.

Then after doing it that way, you will probably end up waking up in the morning with your girl.

:)

SJG

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew (1970) - full album
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbCt-iXI…
  • Cowboy12
    8 years ago
    Its happened to me only a couple of times.
    The club I go to is pretty laid back though, not a high hustle club.
  • jestrite50
    8 years ago
    I have occasionally had this in the dive bars even. As soon as I sit down at the bar there's a girl sitting next to me. I always tell them up front "no I don't want you to sit with me" ! If she's sitting there other girls won't approach so it's best to get her out of there so you can make the choice. In a club where they seat you and give you a girl I would walk out immediately even before they seat me. You are better off cutting your losses and going to a different club instead of sitting there as a chump and taking cues from them. Even if I've paid my cover I would walk out immediately.
    I was in a club one time in Clarksburg, WV where you prepay dances. I had paid up front $65 for 3 songs with this hot little number. When I had already paid then she was in no hurry to dance. The bar tried to sell me more drinks. I saw through their game and walked out. Sometimes you have to burn a bridge and don't look back. Save your money for the girls that deserve it and stay away from these Rip Off Clubs and ROB's.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    idk, sometimes I ask them to come sit with me, though normally they're just greeting. I dump them, if needed, the second I see something hotter on stage. I don't go to the club to sit alone. I really don't see the door hawks to be a problem.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    I also like "door vulture."
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I hate when they do that, but I have asked the door-girl to come in and have a drink with me, and more than one has actually done just that.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I think the female non-dancer staff can be lots of fun too!

The more forward the girls are, then likely the more forward you will be able to be with them. But yes, you do need to politely take charge of the situation, and best if you pick your girl yourself. But if girls are climbing on guys, you can probably turn on some charm and get a real nice makeout session going with a girl. From my view, you have to use words to soften her up some and see if she is open to you.

SJG

Rosicrucians & Secret Knowledge Of Creators of Human Race
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGAJrx1J…

This video makes lots of references to AMORC. And Raymond Bernard was certainly on of the luminaries. But most of this material has never been part of AMORC's official teaching, particularly discussion of Atlantis.
  • 3LeggedMan
    8 years ago
    Most clubs I've been to, a dancer magically appears within 60 seconds and may/may not give the "wannadance" mating call.
  • 3LeggedMan
    8 years ago
    But I have no objection if a girl just wants to demonstrate a willing attitude and saves the "wannadance" for after we've sat for a while.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    A lot. But the problem is that if you tell her to back off for the moment, then your not accosted for the next half hour all because you really did just want see the options first. It's even worse when the first girl was attractive and already having her hand down your pants. Usually by now, I take the first hot girl that approaches me just to at least get myself being busy instead of staring at my water.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    I'm says more surprised that hot Hispanics are just roaming around when there's so many old perverted guys in the club. I'd think since I'm young and black, they'd approach me last since old white guys just love "exotic" girls. Even more shocking when these same Hispanics practically force my hands all over and in them.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion