tuscl

2017 Rock Hall Of Fame inductees....

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 1:38 PM
About time for Yes. Don't know why Baez and Tupac got in [view link]

5 comments

• shailynn
    8 years ago
    I love 2Pac, but how the fuck does 2Pac get in before The Cars? Blows my mind.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    It seems that all music is rock and roll.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    ^I think popular music after 1950 using being more or less called Rock 'n Roll. Strictly speaking Rock n' Roll was from 1950 to 1959 and everything later is rock descendants. Once they inaugurated disco music (dance beats) it was probably slippery slope from there. (Foul, Funk, Rhythm & Blues ... from disco and R&B, rap is no longer a stretch).
  • 3LeggedMan
    7 years ago
    Joan Baez is a great FOLK artist. But like Dominic said, once they opened the doors up to disco (sucks), they seem to have forgotten what ROCK is.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    7 years ago
    Agreed that the focus has been shifted from rock as a genre, although in the case of Hip-Hop aka Rap sampling from Rock and R&B tracks is often the norm, and Nu-metal kind of borrows from Rap and Metal. Baez was also an 'influence' for many more mainstream rock acts. I totally believe YES should have been honored years ago and can only say 'its about time'. I think much of who is represented in the Hall of Fame is politics with the various Studios, which.... face it, subsidize it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion