tuscl

OT: Uber driver stabs customer

Monday, December 19, 2016 10:04 AM
It happened in a tony suburb of Detroit over the weekend. A man and his wife called for an Uber ride. When the driver shows up, the custie raps on the window to signal that they are ready to go, and they get in. About a mile down the road, the driver stops and starts bitching that the custie disrepected his car by rapping on the window. A fight ensues and the custie gets stabbed 5 times by the driver. Cops are called and they arrest the driver.

8 comments

• I wonder if he gave the Uber driver a 5 star rating. Note to self: don't tap on Uber driver's window.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Raping ?
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Yeah I wouldn't doubt they have some head-cases for Uber drivers.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    Think back to the Jason Dalton shootings in Kalamazoo. The sad part is for the most part the drivers for Uber suffer, I'm sure its about liability/ insurance for the company. I'm sure there are drivers that legitimately have to worry about protecting themselves at pickups. I've never been an Uber user, but my bet is that the company is NOT screening their drivers very well- just saying. I'm sure the municipal tax cash cow is a large part of it but this is EXACTLY why many municipalities want to have control of the licensing of vehicles engaged in transporting passengers for hire.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    If you have to use someone else for transportation (and most of us do as some point) I'd have to say I feel safer with an Uber driver than a cab driver. Now, in some cities I wonder how some of these nit-wits can drive for Uber when they don't even know where major landmarks are in their own city, the city they live in. That very rarely happens with a cab driver.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    The Uber driver thought the customer had "disrespected his vehicle." SMH. Another reason I will continue to carry my concealed pistol when I take an Uber. [view link]
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    For those of you unfamiliar with this area of Suburban Detroit (if you call it that) it is within an extremely affluent and wealthy section.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Very affluent, Shailynn, I worked out there and can testify to the mansions out that way,
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion