tuscl

New Ford Raptor 0-60 in 5.3 Seconds

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Friday, December 16, 2016 6:31 AM
[view link] That's pretty impressive for a V-6, cranking out 450HP.

18 comments

• jackslash
    8 years ago
    I will never buy an American vehicle.
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    I drive a Toyota Camry because they are reliable and have good gas mileage. They are also assembled in America (in Indiana from 2007 to 2016, now in Kentucky if I understand correctly - I haven't checked since my car is a 2015 model year and I don't need a new one). I like to support American manufacturing if I can! ;) Not to get political, but I want to KEEP America great in my own way because that is a brilliant thing to do!
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Straight line speed is an American thing because we have long, straight roads. Even in trucks it seems. I prefer cars that can turn, like Lotus, Ferrari, etc. The Vette is the only American sports car I'd even consider, although since Ford FINALLY put independent suspension in the rear of the Mustangs, I hear they can now turn. A little.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    WTF jackslash! If Dean Martin was alive today, he'd probably be driving a Cadillac. I can't bust your balls too much, of 3 of my cars, 2 are German just like yours.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    Yeah, the way a car handles and corners is way more important than straight-line acceleration. One of my cars is a yellow Honda S2000 with 10K miles that sits in the garage most of the time. It's the best handling car I've ever owned. Looks like this: [view link]
  • Tucky70
    8 years ago
    Camrys were made in Japan until the Georgetown, Kentucky plant was built in the mid-'80s. Gradually, they transitioned to where all Camrys were made in Kentucky by 1990. Also, engines, body stampings and brakes/suspension are made locally. Honda does likewise in Ohio, and Nissan in Tennessee. A little over 10 years ago, Isuzu ceased manufacturing Rodeos in the joint-venture plant they owned in Lafayette, Indiana. The line was moved to Beijing (yes,you can still buy a Rodeo in China!) Subaru acquired the half of the Lafayette plant they didn't own and built the Tribeca SUV on the second line. It flopped, so Subaru did a deal with Toyota. Georgetown builds all the world's Avalons and can't build enough Camrys to meet demand. So Subaru is under contract to build about 30,000 Camrys (all the base model cars) a year in Lafayette. Regardless, Made in USA for 25 years. Comparable Chevys are made in Canada.
  • warhawks
    8 years ago
    As soon as my bank deposits $2million into my account on accident, I'll be spending it all on a new Ford Raptor (and strippers, of course).
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Good post Tucky.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Jackslash does not want whiplash
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Vettes do it in a better fashion :)
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    ^^^ right
  • ime
    8 years ago
    Does it come with a Flux Capacitor?
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    my stock '23 buick won't even get up to sixty.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    When they stated making IRS Mustangs, it was just with the 4 cam 32 valve SVT version. But since, redesigning the car from the Lincoln LS, they are all IRS. That makes a huge difference in my feelings about the car and the chances that I would ever own one. Though I wish they would make a hatchback version, much more practical. Maserati Khamsin [view link] Lamborghini Espada [view link] Porsche 928 [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    '23 Buick? :) SJG
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Funny, an 87 Buick was faster than a Corvette
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Grand Nationals are cool, mikey02, but they don't stand a chance these days. Eat my exhaust, baby,
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    The Ford Ecoboost motor is a beast.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion