tuscl

2nd Amendment Flap

Sunday, December 11, 2016 10:20 AM
It is part of the Bill of Rights. Read it. Repeal one and the rest are fair game.

8 comments

• Mate27
    8 years ago
    If you're a coastal elite you don't care, you just want what you think is entitled to you without regards to the roots of th Bill of Rights. Kind of like the electoral college being abolished. If Thomas Jefferson himself were alive today, SJG and the liberal biased media would claim his racist ass should be hanged.
  • knight_errant
    8 years ago
    What are you two whining about? Second Amendment has never been stronger. Who's talking about repealing it? Are you unhappy with Scalia's bs obiter dicta in DC v Heller about the 'well-regulated militia' clause being prefatory? Or that Scalia cast down on paper that "the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited" and "nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms" among other possible restrictions? Are you unhappy that there are more guns than people in the U.S.? That the number of guns has grown exponentially in the past eight years? That as many people are killed by guns in the US annual as are by cars (approx 33,000 each- nearly 2-1 by suicide- that's out of the 33K by gun)? Can you be a little clearer about your flap? And feel free to use some basic grammar Meat72 :)
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Obama only has a few more weeks to take away your guns! The gun industry is struggling. 8 years of Obama has created a gun glut. Now we have Trump. Expect to see prices on the second hand market crash, despite no change in policy.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    What are you talking about, JamesSD? The gun industry has never been stronger. The value of their stocks has shot up the past six years. After every psycho uses one at Aurora, Newton, or San Bernardino, demand outpaces supply and prices skyrocket. If Hillary had won, demand would shoot up even higher. As for the effect Trump will have... I can't even guess. He's a lifelong New York democrat. He's already backed off his campaign promise to prosecute Hillary for her crimes. He's begun to back off his campaign promise to deport all illegals. At the end of the day, he will still not have been as bad a president as Hillary, but I'm not convinced he'll be the new Reagan, either.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    I support the 2nd Amendment. It says the Fed cannot make any laws that prevent the states from forming an armed militia. I'm not sure why some people think it actually says citizen shave an unfettered right to concealed carry for handguns, but that's what most seem to think. While most gun control at the federal level would seem to fall under the 2nd Amendment, it seems to me the states and local communities can make any gun control laws they want.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Support the 2nd Amendment! Ban the Spirit_of_Alucard!
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    Trump owes the NRA and he knows it -- I have a feeling he won't just dismiss that obligation, the way he's dismissing things like prosecuting Hillary. Pretty likely the 2nd Amendment is plenty safe. The big question is, a number of states have given up on federal action and taken their own... will the court roll back some of those new state restrictions? I'm hoping so -- particularly in CA.
  • Spirit_of_Alucard
    8 years ago
    You're just trying to bait me like a VILE ATTACK DOG but I won't bite sir!!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion